best defensive lines in the sec

Best5zach

Honestly, I think that they have us overrated. Tennessee should be quite a bit higher. Barnett balled out last year, and they should only get better by adding Shy Tuttle and Khalil Mckenzie.

I'm a firm believer in: "Speed of the Captain, Speed of the Ship"

We will really find out what Coach Muschamp is made of this fall. I know he is on a mission to prove he can still coach. Time will tell.

Honestly, I think that they have us overrated. Tennessee should be quite a bit higher. Barnett balled out last year, and they should only get better by adding Shy Tuttle and Khalil Mckenzie.

This. Tennessee and Alabama are my top 2.

We will see vast improvement over the past 2 years with our defense. The offense will no doubt be a force to be reckoned with. This combination bodes well for Auburn. I do not see Ole Miss as being any kind of defensive force. TCU made OMs defense look like something during the days of Orgeron not too many years removed.

The loss of Chavis will set back LSU considerably, and adding Kevin Steele into the mix cannot be overcome with the addition of Orgeron. By the time the defense gets up to speed with the complex defensive schemes Steele concocts, he and Orgeron and possibly Miles will be looking for new jobs.

Orgeron was pitiful as a HC during his time at UM, but is a decent DL coach. LSU will be fortunate to win 8 games. Ole Miss will not win 9 games, and winning 8 games will take a ton of luck to make happen. UAT and Auburn will fight for the SEC west with Auburn coming out on top. This is not sunshine pumping, but the ability to see things from a perspective that puts the loose ends together to form strong bond for 2015.

When we hire an above average DL coach we will have the opportunity to have an above average DL.

wde

When we hire an above average DL coach we will have the opportunity to have an above average DL.

wde

Like one who has put a ton of players into the NFL and just recently had a player make the Freshman All-SEC team and another get drafted in the first round? A DL coach like that?

Arkansas will have stout Oline & Dline, depth usually wears down a team in the SEC but UA played much better ball at the end of the season when they skunked OleMiss & LSU.

wde

Like one who has put a ton of players into the NFL and just recently had a player make the Freshman All-SEC team and another get drafted in the first round? A DL coach like that?

No, one that can actually coach a unit to be a good DL. NFL players usually get there by God given talent and work ethic as individuals. Garner is better than Mike Pelton who was below average, but I would like someone better than average.

wde

Arkansas will have stout Oline & Dline, depth usually wears down a team in the SEC but UA played much better ball at the end of the season when they skunked OleMiss & LSU.

In my mind arky d line took a major hit but for some reason people think they're going to be better. I don't see it. Flowers was the best d lineman they've had since Anderson, I don't see anybody being able to just replace him. I don't see a d tackle that will be able to penetrate like philon either. But that's just my opinion

Rodney has always been a better recruiter than a coach but UGA is eating his lunch with the interior DL players right now for some reason. Adams is the only great one he has recruited for us so far. Hopefully Russell will be the second. As far as pure coaching is concerned I would take Tracy Rocker over him any day. Rocker is the best interior DL player we have ever had and also the best DL coach we have ever had. Without him I doubt we would have ever heard of Nick Fairley and without Fairley the championship would not have happened.

In my mind arky d line took a major hit but for some reason people think they're going to be better. I don't see it. Flowers was the best d lineman they've had since Anderson, I don't see anybody being able to just replace him. I don't see a d tackle that will be able to penetrate like philon either. But that's just my opinion

Flowers was a beast and losing him is going to hurt them tremendously. I agree with you Cole, I don't see Arky's d-line being ranked near the top this year.

I'm actually pretty concerned about the Dline. Yes the starters look like a solid group but what happens when those guys need a break? Some of the younger guys really need to step up or we're going to have big holes in our defense when the starters get worn down. Arkansas will run it at us early and often and we'll need to go 2-3 deep to keep their Oline from wearing us down. Do we have that many who will step up or will we have a big drop off when the starters come out? What happens to our Dline if Adams gets injured? Running directly at this Defense and wearing down the starters while keeping our O off of the field is actually the only blueprint I can see for beating this years Auburn team.

Like I've been saying....who says we can't have a truly dominant d-line, lawson, monty, russell, and cowart equals supreme dominance!

I'm actually pretty concerned about the Dline. Yes the starters look like a solid group but what happens when those guys need a break? Some of the younger guys really need to step up or we're going to have big holes in our defense when the starters get worn down. Arkansas will run it at us early and often and we'll need to go 2-3 deep to keep their Oline from wearing us down. Do we have that many who will step up or will we have a big drop off when the starters come out? What happens to our Dline if Adams gets injured? Running directly at this Defense and wearing down the starters while keeping our O off of the field is actually the only blueprint I can see for beating this years Auburn team.

yeah we remember how last year's game went, they are the team that i'm worried will sneak up on us

So without Gene Chizik hiring Tracy Rocker who landed Nick Fairley we wouldn't have had a national title in 2010? ;)

Fairley was a Tubberville regime recruit. Originally a OL prospect that switched when he got to Auburn.

I would say Bama, Tennessee, and Ole Miss are the Top 3 DL's in SEC right now. We will see how ours stacks up this year.

I would say Bama, Tennessee, and Ole Miss are the Top 3 DL's in SEC right now. We will see how ours stacks up this year.

Mix LSU in there as well, they've got crazy Ed Orgeron coaching that defensive line talent now. He has brought a ton of energy and he's got recruiting rocking down there. Ed's dangerous on the SEC recruiting trails.

I don't get where everyone is touting Ole Miss' DL so much. Sure, they shut down some teams early last year, but they were pretty putrid at the end. Nkemdiche is probably the most overrated player in the conference. He has underachieved something fierce. Am I in the minority on this? Any success they had last year defensively was due to their secondary and linebacker play.

And I don't know how they will perform this year but lsu's defensive line was horrible last year. Their secondary is always good it seems though, even when freshmen are playing

And I don't know how they will perform this year but lsu's defensive line was horrible last year. Their secondary is always good it seems though, even when freshmen are playing

Oregeron will make them good one day, won't be early this year though

I don't get where everyone is touting Ole Miss' DL so much. Sure, they shut down some teams early last year, but they were pretty putrid at the end. Nkemdiche is probably the most overrated player in the conference. He has underachieved something fierce. Am I in the minority on this? Any success they had last year defensively was due to their secondary and linebacker play.

I don't know about putrid. Their offense caved towards the end and that will hurt any defense, regardless of how good. See Florida.

Nkemdiche....yeah. I don't know. He has his moments. I still think his older brother is better.

Archived