2015 Preseason Practice - Day 4

RunInRed

Friday, August 7th

• 3:05-3:25 PM CT – Open to the media
  • 5:45 PM CT – Rhett Lashlee, selected players post-practice interviews

CL1dicgWgAEICtc.jpg

Byron Cowart

Auburn returned to the practice field for Day 4 of preseason drills Friday, again in helmets and shoulder pads, but with the prospect of finally be allowed to be in full gear Saturday.

11237036.jpeg

CL1noyMWIAA-G0E.jpg

11237039.jpeg

11237025.jpeg

11237042.jpeg

Ryan Davis

http://www.auburntig.../080715aab.html

Auburn's Duke Williams missed Friday's practice because of "personal business," said offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee. "Day-to-day deal." ... "No concern at all."

@AUGoldMine

Byron Cowart destroying a pad during position drills today. He was working with 2nd-team defense at DE

CL1eiNBWUAAEGmO.jpg

@AUBlog

OC Rhett Lashlee

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee says RB Roc Thomas is "one of those guys who stands out… Peyton Barber is doing extremely well."

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on O-line coach J.B. Grimes being at practice despite surgery: "J.B. is a champion. He's as stubborn as all get-out"

@AUGoldMine

Lashlee said Jason Smith has been a guy who has really stood out these first 4 days. Noted that Smith and Jeremy Johnson have a good rapport

Lashlee: There's a chance Auburn's pace on offense "potentially could" be faster this season

Lashlee doesn't know how much scrimmage or live stuff Auburn will do tomorrow during first day in full pads.

Lashlee: Roc is "a different kid right now." Says all four running backs are moving up

Lashlee has been really pleased with the snaps and execution from Austin Golson and Xavier Dampeer. Said Golson has looked more confident

Lashlee: Golson is probably "ahead of schedule" considering he has only had 19 or 20 practices at center since making the switch

@AUBlog

Lashlee on freshman WR Darius Slayton: "He had a good day today. He's just got to get comfortable with what we're doing."

Lashlee on Jordan Diamond: "He's gone four good days. ... The main thing is he's actually been out there on the field."

Lashlee kinda/sorta avoids whether there has been any movement at RB: "They're all moving up." #okthanks

@RyanABlack

K Daniel Carlson

Auburn's Daniel Carlson says he's good trying field goals from 60 yards out in games, says he's hit one from 70 yards in practice

@AUGoldMine

Carlson said he isn't working on any punting right now. Keeping that in his back pocket for now, working on kickoffs and FGs

Carlson said not punting will help him during the grind of second half of season. Said he wore down some late in the season.

Carlson on missed FG vs Wisc: It's still in the back of my head. ... I'm upset it happened. Trying to improve and not let it happen again

Carlson: "I think 60 (yards) and in are comfortable" for in-game situations. Said he has hit a 70-yarder just messing around in practice

@AUBlog

Nick Ruffin

Nick Ruffin is up now. He's excited to be here

Ruffin working at boundary and field safety this fall

Ruffin sayd he has put on about 15 pounds since spring practice ended. He's at 200 pounds now.

Ruffin said he feels pretty comfortable at his new weight and is moving around well on the field

Ruffin on the freshmen: "They have a lot of talent. It's a very talented freshman class."

Ruffin doesn't think the new DB haircut style is going to work for him, so he's one of the holdouts.

@AUBlog

Ruffin doesn't think he'll be joining some of the other DBs in dying his hair. Just not his style -- and he isn't sure the ladies like it.

@RyanABlack

LB Justin Garrett

Auburn's Justin Garrett on injury-slowed career: "Injuries I went through made be a better man. Having Muschamp as my coach is a blessing."

@AUGoldMine

Justin Garrett up here. "Those injuries and everything I went through just made me a better man. ... I'm ready to attack the season."

Garrett said he's mainly playing Mike linebacker. Worked at Sam some in the spring.

@AUBlog

Braden Smith

Braden Smith up next. Said he has been working on little things like footwork and hand placement. Trying to do more than "just maul people"

No new nicknames for Braden Smith this fall. "Just 71"

@AUBlog

Devonte Danzey

Devonte Danzey joining us now. "It's a battle" at guard. "We just rotate. Everybody has to be ready." Working mainly at left guard

@AUBlog

Hope it's nothing serious with Duke :-\ . Sounds like all the RBs are bringing it in a major way. IMO we will not have a feature RB until after 2-3 games.

Hope it's nothing serious with Duke :-\ . Sounds like all the RBs are bringing it in a major way. IMO we will not have a feature RB until after 2-3 games.

Yeah they are bringing everything to the table gotta love the hustle.

I created a thread figuring you were busy today, but u do so much of a better job with the layout than I do lol

No worries ... thanks for the help!

It's always amusing to me to see Grimes being towered by 6'3+ players. I wouldn't dare test Grimes though...no matter how much bigger i'd be than him.

Would be great to have truitt at kick return since i think he might be outfavored by the rest of the wr's, though i could be wrong...He's a great athlete and he could be due for 4 or 5 return td's

It's always amusing to me to see Grimes being towered by 6'3+ players. I wouldn't dare test Grimes though...no matter how much bigger i'd be than him.

Unique leader. Gets total respect and fear from his players; yet they love him so much, they almost come to tears when talking about him. What a leader!

I'm hoping Garrett can stay healthy. The young man is a very good player when he's not hurt.

I'm hoping Garrett can stay healthy. The young man is a very good player when he's not hurt.

that is football though, and the good ones fight through them

that is football though, and the good ones fight through them

Not true. Injuries affect different people in different ways. Some are more prone to injury and people heal at different speeds. Has nothing to do with being a " good one".

mod note: we are not going to discuss the Duke Williams situation here. Nobody has any information, so drop the topic now. If/when actual facts come out, we can discuss it then. Until then, it's off limits. We do NOT do rumors here people.

mod note: we are not going to discuss the Duke Williams situation here. Nobody has any information, so drop the topic now. If/when actual facts come out, we can discuss it then. Until then, it's off limits. We do NOT do rumors here people.

Ok

Archived