2015 Preseason Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

Saturday, August 8th (First Day In Pad)

• 3:05-3:25 PM CT – Open to the media
  • 5:45 PM – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Auburn receiver Duke Williams was nowhere to be found for the second straight day. During the portion of practice open to media members Saturday, the Tigers' receivers were all seen working together outside the indoor facility. All except Williams, that is.

http://auburn.247spo...actice-38632366

Center Austin Golson was not in pads. He wore a uniform and pants, and even donned a helmet, but his right leg was heavily wrapped and covered by a brace. He was able to jog when the Tigers huddled up before practice.

First-team offensive line, left to right: Shon Coleman, Alex Kozan, Dampeer, Braden Smith and Avery Young.

First-team defensive line, left to right: DaVonte Lambert, Montravius Adams and Dontavius Russell, and Cassanova McKinzy coming off the edge as a down lineman.

Kerryon Johnson and Myron Burton joined the kick returners.

http://www.al.com/au...rvations_d.html

Also another observation, Auburn WR Jason Smith is put together. Been a buzz about him so far, and he looks as advertised.

@BarrettSallee

Elite visitors: 5-stars Marlon Davidson & Ben Davis, Antonneous Clayton

@BMattAU

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he can get this worked out. We need him. But we can't focus in him. We have a great team with or without Duke

All kinds of opportunities sitting there for the guys who want it. I can't help but think Melvin ray has a very solid, above average year.

And Myron Burton.

of course it is always fun having super stars that are constantly talked about but I would be satisfied with a stable of 500-600 yard receivers

Hope he can get this worked out. We need him. But we can't focus in him. We have a great team with or without Duke

Agree. Whatever the issue is..i hope it gets resolved soon. Don't like it being a distraction for the team. We do have good players with or without him and i want to focus on what we do have at this point and time.

Monty running with the 1's. Perhaps this will relieve the stress some of my brethren have had to bear the past few days. :)

As far as I'm concerned, we're a 7-5 team without Duke.

Oh, and how's Lawson doing, since his name wasn't mentioned in the D-line starters? Hoping to see him and Monty in the same line.

I don't buy that for a second. Apparently you haven't actually looked at our roster. We are loaded at multiple positions.

You're welcome to your opinion but this team is not dependent on just one receiver. Duke has some history with not being available and I expect the coaches already have a solid "plan b" in the works.

Just my opinion but I think "day to day" is coach speak for ...we don't know, depends on when he get's squared away....and meanwhile we are getting the team ready for a championship season.

We've had plenty of championship seasons without a first rounder at WR

You do realize we went to a NC without him? He's great...top 10 CFB most def. but to say our season is doomed without him is jumping way off the deep end. He certainly makes the offense more lethal but to act like we wouldn't make the playoffs is going into a full meltdown. This group of WRs are already better as a group compared to the 2013 WRs.

I don't buy that for a second. Apparently you haven't actually looked at our roster. We are loaded at multiple positions.

+1. He might want to retract that statement fast!

I hate to say it but one thing that made Duke look so good last season was his ability to catch passes that were off target. This season the passes should be closer to being on target. All of our receivers can catch those.

7-5 without Duke? I'll give you that but only if you think we go 8-4 with him. Let's hope he does it get straightened out, but like others have said, we've done just fine without a top 5 wr before.

And where was Lawson?

7-5 without Duke? I'll give you that but only if you think we go 8-4 with him. Let's hope he does it get straightened out, but like others have said, we've done just fine without a top 5 wr before.

And where was Lawson?

Marcello said he was there...just not working with the 1st group but was at practice.

And where was Lawson?

This. More concerned about Golson's leg being injured and no mention of Lawson than I am of a problem child being missing for the 2nd straight practice.

wde

Edit, Just saw the post above mine. Glad to read that Lawson was there.

Ok, I overreacted and I'm sorry. The pre-season is always nerve-racking for me because of all the pieces of the puzzle that could scatter. Golson and Lawson, included. Anyone know what happened to Lawson?

Archived