2016 4* WR Ahmmon Richards (Miami Signee)

au_bsci_04

Visited August 8th https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1790366

AUBURN, Ala. | Wellington (Fla.) four-star Ahmmon Richards visited Auburn on Saturday, the second stop on his three-school weekend tour.

It wasn't a lengthy visit, but enough to make the Miami commitment want to return.

"I can't wait to get back because to be honest, it really blew me away," Richards said. "I really enjoyed everything about Auburn and will definitely be back for an official visit."

Richards wasn't the only one in his group to enjoy the visit. His father and two cousins did, too. The group arrived Saturday afternoon and stayed for approximately five hours.

"Everyone definitely enjoyed it," Richards said. "We toured everywhere, the campus and all the dorms and the stadium, the players' lounge and locker room. It was great. Everything was."

Richards, 6-foot-3 and 175 pounds, met with several of the coaches, including Gus Malzahn, defensive coordinator Will Muscahmp, lead recruiter Scott Fountain and receivers coach Dameyune Craig. Auburn is recruiting Richards to play receiver.

"That was my first time at Auburn and I can't wait to go back," Richards said. "I haven't set a date, but I'll be back for an official visit. No doubt."

Richards has been committed to Miami for more than a year, and the visit to Auburn on Saturday didn't change that.

"But Auburn definitely gave me a lot to think about," Richards said. "I can't wait to get back. I love the family environment. The coaching staff is down to earth. They are just really cool people."

Richards visited Tennessee on Friday and will be in Tuscaloosa on Sunday to visit Alabama.

Richards had 23 touchdown receptions on offense and five interceptions on defense last season as a junior. Rivals ranks him the No. 23 safety in 2016 and No. 42 player in Florida.

We will get an OV from Ahmmon

Should the thread title say 2016?

6'3, 175... I love those measurements for a rising senior WR, if accurate. If he's got wheels, I could get excited about this one.

Sounds like he was impressed by his bama visit, too.

• 3 months later...

Recap from IB visit...

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1831850

Wellington (Fla.) four-star receiver Ahmmon Richards said in August after his first visit to Auburn that he'd return for a second.

Richards is a man of his word.

The former Miami commit, his father and younger brother all traveled to Auburn over the weekend for an official visit.

"I really loved it," Richards said. "It's like a family atmosphere. It is what I'm looking for in the recruiting process. It's about family and that's what I love about Auburn."

Richards spent time with lead recruiter Scott Fountain, receivers coach Dameyune Craig and head coach Gus Malzahn. He also hung out with several players - Ryan Davis, Jeff Holland and Byron Cowart included - as well as the Tigers' junior college quarterback commitment, John Franklin III.

"Spending time with the players is what got me the most," Richards said. "I like how they are personally. They are all good players and treated me well. I spent a lot of time with Franklin and got to know him. We had a really good time and that was important because you want to know who is going to be the quarterback or competing to be the quarterback."

Richards has attended games at Alabama, Tennessee and Miami this season, but none matched the one he experienced on Saturday.

"It was crazy," Richards said of the Iron Bowl. "I went to the Alabama-LSU game, but this game was different. It was a different environment and I liked it a lot. The fans were crazy. The Tiger Walk was amazing."

Richards is considering being a part of the rivalry in the future. Both Auburn and Alabama are in his top three along with Miami. He has an official visit set to Miami for Jan. 15-17 and one to Alabama for Jan. 22-24.

"I don't have a leader, but Auburn definitely gave me something to think about," Richards said. "I really loved it at Auburn. I love the family atmosphere, the players and coaches, and I want to play early and they have four seniors leaving. There's opportunity here to come in and play early and that's what I want to do."

Richards plans to announce his decision between the three schools on Signing Day (Feb. 3).

Richards had 60 receptions for 1,152 yards (19.2 avg.) and 15 touchdowns as a senior, and finished his high school career with 116 catches for 2,470 yards (21.3 avg.) and 38 touchdowns.

Sounds like he really liked his visit. If we have room, why not? Even if we have 2 impressive WR commits now there's no guarantee either of them pan out. We need some help at WR

I would be a bit surprised if we took another receiver.

We need another top-line WR. Maybe not four every year, but this year we need a bunch.

I like receivers that are tall too and this kid is tall

i like receivers that can C A T C H the ball....right now, with this bunch of stonehanded high profile receivers,i'd start a midget if he could hang on to the ball

I like receivers that are tall too and this kid is tall

i like receivers that can C A T C H the ball....right now, with this bunch of stonehanded high profile receivers,i'd start a midget if he could hang on to the ball

Jason Smith says hello.

• 1 month later...

Has AR taken an official to Auburn yet? I see where Gus is scheduled to do an in-home visit this week. Is that to cnonvince him to official this weekend?

Yes, Iron Bowl. No, already used it.

I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised at how big a player AU appears to be w/ Richards @ this point in the game. We just haven't talked a whole lot about him during the recruiting process. I recall folks recently saying it's down to AU and Miami with him. It's a little disheartening to see Keith CB him to Miami. Anyone think he'll go our way?

I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised at how big a player AU appears to be w/ Richards @ this point in the game. We just haven't talked a whole lot about him during the recruiting process. I recall folks recently saying it's down to AU and Miami with him. It's a little disheartening to see Keith CB him to Miami. Anyone think he'll go our way?

I don't. It's just too bad Miami got Richt. IMO if Miami did not get a well established coach like that I think Ahmmon would have been an AU Tiger.

Davis (enrolled), Stove and McClain (committed), Nate Craig-Meyers (very probably Auburn's) Darious Slayton (Redshirted). Richards would be our sixth freshman WR next fall. Now, I know the returning guys dropped a lot of passes last year but really, how critical of a recruit is a sixth WR prospect? Is Richards better than the other five?

Davis (enrolled), Stove and McClain (committed), Nate Craig-Meyers (very probably Auburn's) Darious Slayton (Redshirted). Richards would be our sixth freshman WR next fall. Now, I know the returning guys dropped a lot of passes last year but really, how critical of a recruit is a sixth WR prospect? Is Richards better than the other five?

I think Richards would be number 3 or 4 on that list, with the ability to be number one.

I think Richards would be number 3 or 4 on that list, with the ability to be number one.

I would put the order as follows:

1. KD

2. NCM

3. DS

4. AR

5. ES

6. Mclain

Yes, I too scratch my head and wonder about why so many WR's. But, then in the middle of my orange Kool Ade laced with Gray Goose, my visions started to reappear.

How often dose a team put up 5,000 yards a season with at least 2,000 running and passing? How many times in a row would you need to do that to set a record?

What does it take to do that? The right coaches - we're close and getting closer. Great QB's - there's a lot to choose from. Depth at RB - check! Athletic OL - check. More than one great WR - the missing link!!!!!!!!!!!

WDE

any chance one of these kids is being looked at as a DB?

Not right now. The staff feels good about the CBs & if we can land Warrior that would be huge to the safeties.

Plus, we're pretty thin ahead of the swelling freshman group (you left our rFR Ryan Davis).

Marcus Davis and Stevens are seniors. Smith and King (a walk-on) are a juniors. Truitt is a sophomore. That's every non-freshman WR with any meaningful game experience.

We're hunting for 4-5 elite WRs because we don't really have bodies for the position. Even if you assume Marcus Davis, Tony Stevens, and Jason Smith are going to be great together, there are a LOT of snaps available for any WR in the top 6-7 rotation.

Plus, we're pretty thin ahead of the swelling freshman group (you left our rFR Ryan Davis).

Marcus Davis and Stevens are seniors. Smith and King (a walk-on) are a juniors. Truitt is a sophomore. That's every non-freshman WR with any meaningful game experience.

We're hunting for 4-5 elite WRs because we don't really have bodies for the position. Even if you assume Marcus Davis, Tony Stevens, and Jason Smith are going to be great together, there are a LOT of snaps available for any WR in the top 6-7 rotation.

we burnt Ryan Davis's redshirt with the Woody play.

Archived