Mark My Word 2015

DaddyBoyAU

Mark my words: HC Chad Morris will be ONE and DONE at SMU.

THAT is heart of Satan coffee strong. June Jones went 1-11 his first season at SMU (lone win was Texas St.) and was retained.

SMU won just one game again last season. Only way Morris is one and done is if he goes winless. And he still might be retained.

Sorry for not specific. He'll be HC at Clemson or any team from Power 5 next year.

A Gus-type stepping stone. Much more sense.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my words: HC Chad Morris will be ONE and DONE at SMU.

THAT is heart of Satan coffee strong. June Jones went 1-11 his first season at SMU (lone win was Texas St.) and was retained.

SMU won just one game again last season. Only way Morris is one and done is if he goes winless. And he still might be retained.

Sorry for not specific. He'll be HC at Clemson or any team from Power 5 next year.

A Gus-type stepping stone. Much more sense.

BINGO!

Time out from the predictions for an important grammatical clarification.

Is it Mark My Word or Mark My Words?

Both have been used in this thread. Without counting, it seems pretty close to a 50-50 split.

I always heard the expression in the plural, emphasizing that these words I am saying are something you can count on. Using "mark my word" seems to be in the sense of "you have my word on this," i.e., I'm making you a promise. I don't think either is wrong, but I think we should pick one and be consistent. DaddyBoy has been using Mark My Word in the thread title for a decade now, but posters have been using the plural for just as long. What say you?

I believe it is Words. I think the usage probably comes about via an instruction to keep a placeholder in a written text to refer back to at a later date.

EDIT: Looks like it is "Mark My Words" - Apparently it first appeared in 1535 in the Miles Coverdale bible, Isaiah 28:23. Would seem that the instruction would be to pay heed to what was being spoken, not a reference to character/promises/trustworthiness.

http://www.phrases.o...ssages/666.html

http://dictionary.re...e/mark my words

Mark my words:

Alabama will lose to Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, and Tennessee.

Mark my words:

Lawson will lead the nation in sacks

Mark my words:

Kris Frost and Casanova make All American status

Mark my words:

Georgia will struggle on defense and will be an easier game than Mississippi State and A&M

Mark my words:

FSU will finish 3rd or worse in the ACCESS

Mark my words:

Duke will be making a trip to New York by season's end.

Guest WarEagleSteve

Mark my words:

Tennessee will back into the SEC East title at 9-3 with losses to Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Alabama. Georgia will be a better team but will Richt its way to three SEC losses to Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn.

Mark my words:

Jeremy Johnson will eclipse 3500 yards passing but will have less than 500 yards rushing

Mark my words:

Carl Lawson will break the Auburn single season sack record. He will NOT break the SEC single season sack record.

Mark my words:

The winner of the Auburn-Texas A&M game will win the SEC

Mark my words:

Only one of last year's playoff teams will make the playoffs this year (Ohio State) and none of them will make it out of the first round

Mark my words:

This year's playoffs will NOT include a team from the PAC-12

Mark My Words:

Most Auburn passing records are new next year.

Auburn has 8 offensive/defensive lineman drafted

Diverse offense and giant board bring in a top 2 recruiting class the next two years

Mark My Words

Malzahn finally gets the the 3rd quarter scoring slump out of his system this year. It seems like in so many games that after the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter until some point in the 4th quarter our offense couldn't score. This issue has been around for a couple of years most notably the BCS Championship game in 2013 and the Iron Bowl in 2014. In both of those games we had commanding leads but didn't put up the points in the 3rd quarter to put away the games and let those teams back in it and win.

Mark my words:

Tennessee leads SEC in rushing. UGA and Auburn round out the top three.

We have three receivers with 700 yards.

Lawson and Auburn leads the SEC in sacks. Both individually and as a team.

We get in the playoffs as a #3 seed and play Ohio State for it all.

We have six first team All-SEC and two first team All-American players when it is all said and done.

Mark My Words

Malzahn finally gets the the 3rd quarter scoring slump out of his system this year. It seems like in so many games that after the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter until some point in the 4th quarter our offense couldn't score. This issue has been around for a couple of years most notably the BCS Championship game in 2013 and the Iron Bowl in 2014. In both of those games we had commanding leads but didn't put up the points in the 3rd quarter to put away the games and let those teams back in it and win.

The premise of the 3rd quarter being not as productive in 2014 is accurate. However, its not accurate when referencing the 2014 uat game. We scored 10 points in the quarter including a TD on our opening drive after a uat interception. uat scored 13 in the 3rd. The problem wasn't scoring in that game, the problem was not stopping them on defense.

Hope I'm not too late

Mark my words,

With relatively few targets, Mr. Ray leads team in YPC

Mark my words: Verne soils his pants when Saban runs onto Pat Dye Field and has to get off his stool to change; when camera pans to booth, we see Gary talking to a bowling ball shaped head underneath the counter.

Mark my words: Melvin Ray establishes himself as the Ying to Duke's Yang.

Mark my words: Roc Thomas will be the feature back this year.

Mark my words: Jeremy Johnson will throw for 2,200 yards and run for 750 yards - because as a team Auburn rushes for 4,800 yards.

Mark my words: Auburn will win the SEC and lose the National Championship again.

The offense is in trouble if JJ only throws for 2,200!!! Need him eclipsing the 2,800 or 3,000 mark!!

This is a heckuva a prediction ...

In a recent article predicting the biggest coaching surprises of 2015, Scott Roussel predicts that Nick Saban won’t be coaching at Alabama in 2016. Roussel obviously has connections throughout the coaching industry, and perhaps this isn’t just wild speculation.

“I can’t support it by reportable facts, and of course there is no pressure from the administration; but from folks in the profession, I keep hearing “Nick isn’t happy,” “Nick seems miserable,” “Nick is very frustrated,” and I can foresee the very real possibility that Nick pulls the rip cord and ejects from Tuscaloosa after this season. Where that parachute will land, well, that has to play out, but I don’t suspect T-Town will be Nick’s final coaching stop.”

http://www.saturdayd...e-alabama-2016/

The offense is in trouble if JJ only throws for 2,200!!! Need him eclipsing the 2,800 or 3,000 mark!!

I'm expecting our team rushing to eclipse 4,800 yards. Maybe that should be my MMW.

Mark my words, every SECW team will have at least three losses. UGA will lose its first game in the SEC championship game and will make the CFP nonetheless.

Archived