Mark My Word 2015

DaddyBoyAU

Ok, college football is getting close and we're all getting excited. There's lots of prognostications by the sportscasters and fellow board members, but you've got a feeling about a team, a coach, or a player. Tell us about it.

Make your boldest college football related prediction. It cannot be a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Jacksonville State!") or one that many people believe anyway, but a prediction that almost no one else but you expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, something that may defy logical thinking. It's got to be College Football related and could concern game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc. After the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

I'm not going to bring up the bold predictions I made last year; they didn't turn out so well. But you can look back in the archives for the other Mark My Word threads:

Mark My Word 2014

Mark My Word 2013

Mark My Word 2012

Mark My Word 2011

Mark My Word 2010

Mark My Word 2009

Mark My Word 2008

Mark My Word 2007

Mark My Word 2006

Mark My Word 2005

In any case, here are the rules:

No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for the bold predictions. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.

* One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Because they deserve it. Judgement call by the referee.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you are sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) 1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards.

You don't necessarily have to explain why you believe the way you do, but if you want to elaborate, go ahead.

No edits once the season begins - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

I'll get this started:

Mark My Word: South Carolina wins the East

Mark My Word: Arkansas finishes second in the West behind Auburn

Mark My Word: Michigan beats Ohio State

Now you know how it works, let's see those bold predictions.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my words, Auburn leads the SEC in interceptions

Mark my words, Baylor represents in the playoffs

Mark my words, Tennessee beats bama

Mark my words:

Tennessee wins the SEC East, followed by USC, Georgia, UK,Florida, Missouri, and Vandy

Auburn "almost" loses at Arky , but wins on a last second field goal following an interception.

That is the ONLY GAME we win on a close call. We dominate our entire schedule by at least 8 points per game and win the National Championship.

Jeremy Johnson starts getting SERIOUS Heitman buzz by the end of Sept., and eventually wins.

LSU, Bama, and Ole Miss lose 4 games each.

Mark my words Bama will lose 4-LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia, Auburn

Mark my words We beat OSU in the Ship

Mark My Words LSU finishes last in the SEC west and Les Miles is fired.

Mark My Words Ricardo Louis breaks the 1000 receiving yard mark.

Mark My Words no SEC team will make the playoffs.

I feel good with my one of two prediction from last year. ..let's keep the tradition.

Mark my word : Arkansas will be the SEC west contender . Finishing second at minimum.

Mark my word : Arkansas and Tennessee beat The crimson necks

Mark My Words: Tennessee wins the East, finishes with 2 losses (us in the SECCG and Georgia)

Mark My Words: The PAC12 gets left out of the CFB Playoff, which consists of Ohio State, Auburn, Clemson, and TCU (no particular order).

Mark My Words: Miami's Al Golden is fired at least before the bowl season if not during the year.

Mark My Words: Nick Chubb goes to New York for the Heisman Trophy ceremony, but doesn't win it. The winner is Trovon Boykin of TCU.

Mark My Words: We lose 1 game before the playoff, similar to 2013. Possible losses: LSU, Texas A&M.

Mark My Words: Arkansas finishes 3rd or 4th in the West, behind Auburn, Ole Miss, and possibly aTm.

Mark My Words: State finishes last in the SEC West.

Mark My Words: Auburn finishes in the top half of the SEC in defense, but only just. We will field an attacking defense that leads the SEC in forced turnovers.

Mark My Words: USC doesn't live up to their preseason hype, and people start calling for Sark to be fired.

Mark My Words: Vernon Adams puts up some pretty good numbers, but makes some crucial mistakes at times which cause them to drop a few games.

Mark My Words: Connor Cook is the first QB taken in the draft.

Mark my words.

None of the teams from last year's playoffs will make it again. Michigan State or Michigan beat Ohio State. Clemson takes down FSU. Stanford or USC beat Oregon, who beats Michigan State, keeping the Spartans out. Alabama loses to Auburn, Texas A&M, and either Georgia or Wisconsin.

The 4 in the playoffs will be Auburn, TCU, Stanford, and Clemson.

TCU destroys Clemson in the Cotton Bowl. We handle Stanford in the Orange Bowl setting up a game against TCU that no one can predict.

Mark My Words:

Duke Williams plays in all 15 games this year ;)

At least two SEC Head Coaches are fired/leave for a different job at the end of this year.

Auburn Beats TCU by 11 points in the National Championship Game

Mark my Word...

The national championship goes through the Auburn/TATM game.

Jalen Hurd leads the SEC in rushing.

Mark my words:

Auburn and TCU will meet in the postseason.

UL Lafayette will be the best from the Group of 5 teams

GT wins the ACC

Golf and Bird continue to get old... Like really old... Mark my word

15 yards and you have to sit...that was too weak.

Mark My Word: Tennessee wins the East

Mark My Word: Carl Lawson will 17 sacks this season.

Mark My Word: Ohio State loses to TCU in the playoffs.

Mark my word~Aubietron will create such a stir with opposing teams that by the time we play Bama, Little Nickie will have lined up a team of whiners (think Big Bert, Mullen, Les, etc.) to demand that we take it down.

Oh, and AU wins it all.

Tennessee does win or scares Bama bad this year. UT returns to relevance barring injuries or a plane crash.

Florida has a meh season but beats UGA to save the season.

Arkansas scares everyone they play this year.

Ole Miss and MSU return to mortal station after sneaking up on everyone.

We go to 13-2 and into the playoffs, Win the SEC go the NC game. I think CGM is going to have a statement season.

Mark my word~Aubietron will create such a stir with opposing teams that by the time we play Bama, Little Nickie will have lined up a team of whiners (think Big Bert, Mullen, Les, etc.) to demand that we take it down.

Oh, and AU wins it all.

Aubietron becomes a problem as the season rocks on. Predict anything over 190 ft becomes known as an Aubietron.

Archived