Ellitor, please come back

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of the reason why recruiting has been quiet is because fall camp for our team and the high school football teams have been under way and our coaches have been busy. I follow many knowledgeable people on Twitter and if there were news worth reporting, I'd post it. Assuming it wasn't paywall information. However, there hasn't been much news other than an offer here or there.

If you're a recruiting junkie, I'd suggest getting a Twitter so you can receive premium info in bits and pieces for free.

^Agreed about twitter^. As much info as you could possibly want, I assure you.

Not trying to steer folks away from this site. When I see something on twitter, I come straight here to get further insight. But I also agree that there's not much of either to be had right now.

this recruiting board was kinda active until the day before fall practice started ... then the football board took off and the recruiting board fell off. at least that is the way it seemed to me.

I follow KN, Jeffrey Lee and a bunch of official AU Twitter handles, who am I missing?

@Allie_Davison has had a lot of info. I've been out of it for awhile, though.

KK, Smuphy and Ellitor provide good tidbits on twitter

E said a while back he wanted to refocus his time and energy on self-improvement. He also mentioned that he'd been way too wrapped up in this site and others in ways that were unhealthy. In my opinion, and that's all it is, I think it's cool for folks to express their feelings about missing E and his contributions to the recruiting forum. However, it's not cool if it's done in any way that could be interpreted as pressure or like he's let us down or something.

Not accusing anyone here of pressuring him; but I could see how someone (like E, for instance) could take it that way.

I guess I just think it's better to respect E's choice to absent himself from the boards.

E said a while back he wanted to refocus his time and energy on self-improvement. He also mentioned that he'd been way too wrapped up in this site and others in ways that were unhealthy. In my opinion, and that's all it is, I think it's cool for folks to express their feelings about missing E and his contributions to the recruiting forum. However, it's not cool if it's done in any way that could be interpreted as pressure or like he's let us down or something.

Not accusing anyone here of pressuring him; but I could see how someone (like E, for instance) could take it that way.

I guess I just think it's better to respect E's choice to absent himself from the boards.

yeah, you're right....I just enjoyed his info and opinions...I guess I'm just being selfish, but I do miss him being on here

yeah, you're right....I just enjoyed his info and opinions...I guess I'm just being selfish, but I do miss him being on here

Not trying to accuse you of being selfish. Like I said, I think it's cool to express the 'I miss E' sentiment; just don't want him to feel pressured by 'Come back, E' messages. Admittedly, those feelings overlap a lot. It's natural to want someone you miss to return ....

Personally, I hope he can make the changes he wants to make and feels good enough about everything to show back up occasionally or for really big news. If he doesn't, though, I bid him farewell.

Well put Britt. That is exactly what E is doing. He is still tweeting every now and then. He said he was spending about 6 hours a day doing recruiting stuff and he needed to focus more on his life. Thanks Britt.

I think Britt is espousing a useful sentiment. He has wanted to stay away previously, and for whatever reason (granted of his own choosing) he has returned not long afterwards. If he comes back, and decides to post again, it needs to be something that is healthy for him, and enjoyable to boot!

I am checking in because someone DMed this thread to me on twitter. For all intents and purposes I am retired from posting on al message boards save for a couple things I plan to do. I started the 2016 recruiting thread on another site so I am going to fulfill that commitment and post updates in the OPs there when commits or targets change. I have no other types of interactions there. There are people here that can verify that. There other thing I plan to do so I can walk away from here easier is I will create an All Things Auburn Recruiting Info center thread when I have time. It will have the best free places to get AU recruiting info like twitter accounts and free recruiting chats by Keith N. That way everyone will at least have access to most of the places I use to get info. When I create that thread and 2016 NSD arrives I will be completely retired from all message boards

For those wondering why I am retiring here are the reasons why.

I have to make changes on my time and priorities. I'm tired of not accomplishing the things I need to in life and to accomplish those things I have to and will give this up. I will go back to school to finish my degree, get a good job, get a home (tired of living in apartments), learn to drive through a special disability program, and find a sweet southern gal to spend the rest of my life with. That takes a lot of time and energy.

This part is not directed at anyone. I put unhealthy value on myself to bring AU recruiting info to the fan base.At times it felt like that was the only thing in my life worth while. I am not responsible for the recruiting knowledge for AU fans. Premium info info is readily available now with in hours or days due to twitter, some free articles, and multiple free chats weekly by Keith through periscope via twitter. You don't have to have twitter to watch the chats either.

In the past I have spent whole days gathering, summing, and posting info as well as answer questions on here and AU SECR. Believe it or not 4-6 hours would be an average day of my time spent on recruiting. It was a huge part of my life but I realize now it does not benefit me at all in the big scope.

I am checking in because someone DMed this thread to me on twitter. For all intents and purposes I am retired from posting on al message boards save for a couple things I plan to do. I started the 2016 recruiting thread on another site so I am going to fulfill that commitment and post updates in the OPs there when commits or targets change. I have no other types of interactions there. There are people here that can verify that. There other thing I plan to do so I can walk away from here easier is I will create an All Things Auburn Recruiting Info center thread when I have time. It will have the best free places to get AU recruiting info like twitter accounts and free recruiting chats by Keith N. That way everyone will at least have access to most of the places I use to get info. When I create that thread and 2016 NSD arrives I will be completely retired from all message boards

I have to make changes on my time and priorities. I'm tired of not accomplishing the things I need to in life and to accomplish those things I have to and will give this up. I will go back to school to finish my degree, get a good job, get a home (tired of living in apartments), learn to drive through a special disability program, and find a sweet southern gal to spend the rest of my life with. That takes a lot of time and energy.

This part is not directed at anyone. I put unhealthy value on myself to bring AU recruiting info to the fan base.At times it felt like that was the only thing in my life worth while. I am not responsible for the recruiting knowledge for AU fans. Premium info info is readily available now with in hours or days due to twitter, some free articles, and multiple free chats weekly by Keith through periscope via twitter. You don't have to have twitter to watch the chats either.

In the past I have spent whole days gathering, summing, and posting info as well as answer questions on here and AU SECR. Believe it or not 4-6 hours would be an average day of my time spent on recruiting. It was a huge part of my life but I realize now it does not benefit me at all in the big scope.

Worth while goals. Congratulations. I always appreciate your comments.

I wonder if Ashley Madison is kin to Dolly Madison? You would have to a real moron to subscribe to that site.

I had to make big changes in my life too. I used to be a productive citizen, then I found this site and now spend endless hours reading about AU stuff and reading arguments between AU fans, much more exciting than doing trial work when toxic chemicals are ruining people's lives. It seems our paths crossed, going opposite directions. All kidding aside, good luck to you. I hope you find internal peace and wake up each and every morning cherishing life.

I wonder if Ashley Madison is kin to Dolly Madison? You would have to a real moron to subscribe to that site.

You dated Dolly back in the day, didn't you.

Archived