8-29-15 Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans?

DKW 86

Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans? (Pick Two)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans?

• Donald Trump
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Rick Santorum
    • Ben Carlson
    • Rand Paul
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Scott Walker
    • John Kasich
    • Ted Cruz
    • Bobby Jindal

This is just a snapshot of 8-29-15.

Due to the size of the field, i allowed you to pick more than one.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rand or Kasich, if I had to choose. Wish Huntsman was running.

Right now I prefer Carly. She be purty and it's way too early for me to make an educated, serious decision. But if I had to vote today, that's how I'd go.

Rand or Kasich, if I had to choose. Wish Huntsman was running.

Pretty much. Huntsman's the best, then Kasich, then Rubio. The last two would be over their heads even after 8 years, but maybe they would get some decent folks around them.

I think most people here are smart enough to see through him. Or they've been shamed into not supporting him. ;)

Unfortunately, his polling numbers still show different overall.

I think most people here are smart enough to see through him. Or they've been shamed into not supporting him. ;)/>

Unfortunately, his polling numbers still show different overall.

Frank Luntz convened an, uh, interesting focus group on the matter.

Welp, spoke too soon on the Trump matter.

I consider pretty much everyone in this forum to be of greater intelligence than the average voter. I'm not surprised. I believe this is evidence that we need to work to evolve beyond the quaint, silly notion that every Joe, Jane, and Harry should have equal say inthe direction we all have to go. Sure, everyone can have a say, but maybe an aptitude test of some sort can give us the ability for the better informed among us who base our decisions on more important factors than tan lines, swagger, or how well some bloke fills a suit to have a little more of a say.

I consider pretty much everyone in this forum to be of greater intelligence than the average voter. I'm not surprised. I believe this is evidence that we need to work to evolve beyond the quaint, silly notion that every Joe, Jane, and Harry should have equal say inthe direction we all have to go. Sure, everyone can have a say, but maybe an aptitude test of some sort can give us the ability for the better informed among us who base our decisions on more important factors than tan lines, swagger, or how well some bloke fills a suit to have a little more of a say.

I wouldn't have a problem, in theory at least, if some sort of minimum qualifications were a requirement to vote. HOWEVER: The left doesn't even want voter ID to be required, a rule requiring any sort of aptitude/intelligence level would never get off the ground.

I wouldn't have a problem, in theory at least, if some sort of minimum qualifications were a requirement to vote. HOWEVER: The left doesn't even want voter ID to be required, a rule requiring any sort of aptitude/intelligence level would never get off the ground.

Without voter ID we see that 10 counties in Alabama have more registered voters than people eligible to vote. We must have voter ID. Heck, we have to show our ID to check into a hotel.

Without voter ID we see that 10 counties in Alabama have more registered voters than people eligible to vote. We must have voter ID. Heck, we have to show our ID to check into a hotel.

They haven't cleared the rolls of those no longer there-- doesn't mean there's fraud.

The question is not one of aptitude. If there was a good measure for decency, that might be one thing, but folks here won't agree on even what that is.

part of his appeal is the fact that the establishment Republicans hate him. They hate conservatives just as much as liberal Democrats do. It's the old enemy of my enemy is my friend as it were.

And yet we're TOLD by the wizards of Smart that Jeb is the defacto GOP nominee.

:roflol:

I agree. The defacto Republican Leaders want Jeb! to be the nominee and were looking for this to be a repeat of 200 when W waltzed in with so much $$$ there wasnt really a chance for anyone else. We got Bush II and Two More Wars to go with Bush I and One War. The Neo-Cons, Halliburton, etc want Bush III and likely yet another war in the ME. Excuse me if i dont fall for it anymore. Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah. I think we need to just go and do work elsewhere and let the ME shake and bake on its own.

As for President, I am looking forward to the day coming in the primaries where Jeb! falls flat on his face. The one good thing about Trump, he has enough cash in his back pocket to beat Jeb!

I agree. The defacto Republican Leaders want Jeb! to be the nominee and were looking for this to be a repeat of 200 when W waltzed in with so much $$$ there wasnt really a chance for anyone else. We got Bush II and Two More Wars to go with Bush I and One War. The Neo-Cons, Halliburton, etc want Bush III and likely yet another war in the ME. Excuse me if i dont fall for it anymore. Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah. I think we need to just go and do work elsewhere and let the ME shake and bake on its own.

As for President, I am looking forward to the day coming in the primaries where Jeb! falls flat on his face. The one good thing about Trump, he has enough cash in his back pocket to beat Jeb!

"Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah." Seriously? :blink:

And there's not enough money in the world for Trump to beat Jeb. You act like the primaries start next week.

:roflol:/>

"Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah." Seriously? :blink:/>

And there's not enough money in the world for Trump to beat Jeb. You act like the primaries start next week.

uuuhhh yeah. There was this whole Iranian Hostage Crisis thingy. It was in all the papers. Carter backed a butchering thug and set us up as the bad guy in Iran for perpetuity.

Archived