2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

Updated (1/10/18): Bo commits to AU!!!!

"I chose Auburn because I felt like it was the best fit for me and I feel like it will be a place where I can grow as a person, player, and student," he said. 

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/01/bo_nix_commitment_video.html

4_5298391.jpg
Bo Nix, Dual-Threat QB
Birmingham, AL (Pinson Valley)
Ht: 6'1.5 | Wt: 194

• Class of 2019
  • Recruiter: Horton
  • Unofficial Visits to AU: 5/06/, 10/07 (Ole Miss game), 11/11 (Georgia game) and 11/25 (Iron Bowl)
  • Camped at AU: 6/08, 7/15
  • Led Pinson Valley to a 15-0 record and its first ever Class 6A state championship last season; compmleted 196-of-307 passes for 2,872 yards, 35 touchdowns and just four interceptions while earning Class 6A first-team All-State honors and being named the AL.com's All-Birmingham Player of the Year.
  • Son of legendary Auburn QB, Pat Nix

“I’m an Auburn fan. I like when they win because my whole family are Auburn people. That’s how I was born and raised. But it’s definitely not going to play a factor in my college decision,” Nix told SEC Country. “It might play a little bit because I grew up being an Auburn fan. But, at the end of the day, it’s all going to come down to my decision of where I want to go. He has nothing really to do with it. He just wants me to go and be comfortable wherever I want to go.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-quarterback-bo-nix-patient

247Sports: 4*
ESPN: 4*
Rivals: 4*

Offers (20+): Auburn, Alabama, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Middle Tennessee State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Southern Miss and Tennessee, among others.

Hudl Highlights

-1dfb3d5284aa6793.jpg

-09aeb00fd5c1ed43.jpg

C8Nc735UMAQetA6.jpg

DB2HFIqVoAA_SMt.jpg

Ceb8nLRXEAAozhE.jpg

DQqGHtJVQAAvGeu.jpg

• 11 months later...

I am glad this thread got going, kid is a baller. He came in after the first couple games last year and replaced the SR QB because they needed that kid on D more- Patrick was hesitant for obvious reasons but the staff convinced him Bo was ready. He's got s great future to say the least. 

On a side note, Patrick has a program that has been down for a quite a while playing good and headed in the right direction. Watch out for Scottsboro down the road. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

I am glad this thread got going, kid is a baller. He came in after the first couple games last year and replaced the SR QB because they needed that kid on D more- Patrick was hesitant for obvious reasons but the staff convinced him Bo was ready. He's got s great future to say the least. 

On a side note, Patrick has a program that has been down for a quite a while playing good and headed in the right direction. Watch out for Scottsboro down the road. 

Nice post. Bo has a ton of potential. I like his size already and he can throw on the run.

damn. i will try to catch a game if they play reasonably close. i have seen him mentioned but thought he was a legacy and not a serious recruit. the kid can sling it. can we get him earlier the way jake bentley did at USCe?

14 minutes ago, alexava said:

damn. i will try to catch a game if they play reasonably close. i have seen him mentioned but thought he was a legacy and not a serious recruit. the kid can sling it. can we get him earlier the way jake bentley did at USCe?

They won't be too close our way, regular season anyway, but the game at North Jackson would be a tasty one to see. The game @ Madison County could be a good one too. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, NoALtiger said:

They won't be too close our way, regular season anyway, but the game at North Jackson would be a tasty one to see. The game @ Madison County could be a good one too. 

I'll be at the Madison county game, my wife is a Madison Co Grad, I'm a north Jackson grad but go to Scottsboro games also.

His arm does seem stronger than his dad's, and seems to have quicker feet.

But he is not as tall as his dad, for now. I think he is maybe 6'1''. Be nice if he can grow some more. I think his dad was about 6'3".

27 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

But he is not as tall as his dad, for now. I think he is maybe 6'1''. Be nice if he can grow some more. I think his dad was about 6'3".

imagejpeg

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Pat told AUC a couple days ago that he (Pat) is 6'0". Bo is at least as tall if not slightly taller per this pic...

6_4609591.JPG

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pat told AUC a couple days ago that he (Pat) is 6'0". Bo is at least as tall if not slightly taller per this pic...

6_4609591.JPG

Ha thanks, that was the pic I was trying to post. Not very computer literate I'm afraid. 

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

6_4609591.JPG

Ahh... then i stand corrected. Pat only SEEMED taller in college. )). But it would be nice for son to grow an inch or two...

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

But it would be nice for son to grow an inch or two...

He's just starting his sophomore year. It's likely he will grow.

Who knows what the future holds regarding growth, injury, where our program stands, etc. but......surely we'd have to really screw the pooch not to land him given the family ties to AU.

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

Who knows what the future holds regarding growth, injury, where our program stands, etc. but......surely we'd have to really screw the pooch not to land him given the family ties to AU.

Assuming he will be the top target for the 2019 class. Seems likely but not a given.

As good as Bo looks as a freshman he should have all the tools to make someone a great QB at the college level.  However  I would be surprised if he was willing to wait 3 years behind Gatewood.  BN will have dozens of offers for sure maybe after this season.

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

Just heard he is a Tennessee fan. Htf did that happen? 

1. Where did you hear it? There are no articles or reporter posts stating it. 2. It's possible. Their families are from Northeast Alabama which is not far from knoxville.