Rent Richardson released from the Raiders

ShocksMyBrain

From ESPN

A former Alabama running back, Richardson, 25, was the No. 3 overall draft pick by Cleveland in 2012. He was traded a year later to the Colts for a first-round pick. In three NFL seasons he has averaged 3.3 yards per carry.

Richardson's release might have opened the door for undrafted rookie Michael Dyer, a former Auburn and Louisville standout who has looked better than Richardson this summer.

Good job, Mike Dyer.

You miss a cut back on a mile wide hole and you deserve to get cut.

Maybe Trent Richardson just wanted to go hang out with his friends in the pile did you ever think about that jerks?

CMiLt9FUAAAYqMP.jpg

@ohholybutt

Trent took the yellow path ...

BaljOSqCEAAbUhM.jpg

CAU87ZrVEAAsKIN.jpg

I feel sort of bad for the guy. Met him once. Aside from being a bammer he was a nice dude. Just wasn't meant to be.

Some of us tried to tell people Richardson was a joke. His patented 3 yards a carry (or less) just wasn't enough. He was always a very average player.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember him doing quite well against us and much better than Ingram.

I agree. He's the only RB they've had since Saban arrived that I felt was truly talented. He's had an odd career track.

Another thing, I felt his strength was an asset in college which made him exceptional. Maybe his strength advantage was negated in the NFL and his weaknesses are becoming more clear. Whatever the reason, nobody here can say they called that a member of the media would call T Rich the WORST running back in NFL history.

In college, he ran to the hole the play was designed to open because it was open 99% of the time. He was a product of an outstanding OL (like the QBs he played with who were average at best) who made hitting holes easy because he rarely had to improvise. He is a good athlete, and will likely end up on some practice squad until a RB is needed on the 53-man roster, but he really has a long way to go to be an effective NFL RB.

I don't remember his vision being that bad in college though.

He didn't need it. The holes he had were big enough and stayed open long enough to drive my semi truck through, fully loaded from a dead stop.

If you watch him run, it is clear that he has no laterally movement. He is crazy strong and can run fast in a strait line, but that is it. His cuts are slow and he just can't move sideways at all. His speed and strength worked in college because he could outrun linebackers and run over dbs off pure strength. that doesn't work in the pros. linebackers can run with him and dbs are not scared to hit him. He is just simply too stiff to make moves on tacklers. Hate it for him since it seems like he works as hard as anybody (at least in the weight room) but he just doesn't have the athletic ability and apparently the vision either.

If you watch him run, it is clear that he has no laterally movement. He is crazy strong and can run fast in a strait line, but that is it. His cuts are slow and he just can't move sideways at all. His speed and strength worked in college because he could outrun linebackers and run over dbs off pure strength. that doesn't work in the pros. linebackers can run with him and dbs are not scared to hit him. He is just simply too stiff to make moves on tacklers. Hate it for him since it seems like he works as hard as anybody (at least in the weight room) but he just doesn't have the athletic ability and apparently the vision either.

good analysis. maybe a fullback?

Archived