The Annual Prediction That Saban is Leaving

cptau

This might not be true, but the panic that comes with it is enjoyable to watch.............

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoop-predicts-biggest-coaching-surprises-of-2015/

With the 2015 football season finally upon us, each of FootballScoop’s primary writers – Scott Roussel, Zach Barnett and Doug Samuels – have offered one bold coaching prediction sure to come true this winter.

Scott (@FootballScoop): Nick Saban will not be Alabama’s coach for the 2016 season.

I can’t support it by reportable facts, and of course there is no pressure from the administration; but from folks in the profession, I keep hearing “Nick isn’t happy,” “Nick seems miserable,” “Nick is very frustrated,” and I can foresee the very real possibility that Nick pulls the rip cord and ejects from Tuscaloosa after this season. Where that parachute will land, well, that has to play out, but I don’t suspect T-Town will be Nick’s final coaching stop.

Zach (@Zach_Barnett): Brian Kelly leaves Notre Dame for the New York Giants job.

Brian Kelly has said in the past he doesn’t necessarily have to take an NFL job to his consider his career complete, and I believe him. To a point. I don’t believe Kelly would leave Notre Dame to coach the Kansas City Chiefs or the Tennessee Titans.

But after the Giants miss the playoffs for the fourth straight season and sixth time in seven years, the franchise and its 69-year-old head coach Tom Coughlin make a mutual decision to amicably part ways and reunite on the anniversaries of their 2007 and 2011 Super Bowl seasons. Kelly, meanwhile, produces another very good-not-great season at Notre Dame, cementing in his mind the 2012 run to the national championship game is as far this program can be taken. And it’s at that point that leaving behind a program with omnipresent academic hoops that need jumping through, an exhausting national recruiting footprint and antiquated expectations for a chance to coach the premier professional football franchise in the nation’s largest market starts to sound pretty enticing.

Doug (@CoachSamz): The Big 12 won’t make a single head coaching change.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the Big 12 will return all of their head coaches for the 2016 season. Bold statement? Sure, but’s that is the way I see it. David Beaty at Kansas was the lone new head coach heading into this season, and as long as Paul Rhoads gets back to doing he’s capable of in Ames by leading the Cyclones back to a bowl game, the conference could logically return all ten head coaches in 2016. Bill Snyder is the league wild card as he’ll turn 76 here in early October.

If he does leave, wouldn't be surprised if he hangs up coaching and goes to TV. I've been getting the feeling he's been practicing the last couple years with appearances on college game day

The problem with saban is that he has the 85% demanding a NC every year. These people are incapable of appreciating anything less. Frankly I'm ready for them to crawl back into the woodwork

The problem with saban is that he has the 85% demanding a NC every year. These people are incapable of appreciating anything less. Frankly I'm ready for them to crawl back into the woodwork

Back? Where was I the last time they were in there?

I remember the stretch from about 2002-2008 when they weren't "All That."

"Darby up the middle" comes to mind. They were still annoying, just had to be more humble.

I see Saban's departure occurring after about the 2017 season. They are going to suck this year. The natives will get restless. Saban "fires" Kiffin. Hires Steve Spurrier Jr. That doesn't work. So, he puts in his 1 year's notice, so the Turds will continue to polish his badly rendered sculpture for years to come.

2025 it comes out that Saban bought floor mats for a Dodge Charger on his university credit card, and they do this:

1910635_blog_main_horizontal.jpg

Listening to JOX on the way in this morning and Lars Anderson was on. He wouldnt mention anything about this citing "journalism integrity" so they all agreed just to move on and not discuss it. Stated that he hoped no one at AL.com would retweet any of this non fact based garbage. I would love to see his twitter feed from 2010-2011. I am sure integrity and only reporting facts was a big concern.

I was watching the Finescum show yesterday, don't do it often, but Finebum was interviewing the midget and saben said something that really told me what he was all about, not that I didn't already know. Finebum said that the bammer fanbase was very disappointed with last season, to which saben replied, "I could care less that the fan base is disappointed, I AM THE ONE THAT IS DISAPPOINTED!! Can any of you imagine Gus making a statement like that? It has been well documented what his relationship with the fanbase is. They take the blame for any or all of the midget's losses. Personally, I think he has had just about enough of the 85%ers. Even his wife has said publicaly that they don't really appreciate him. If I was being paid $ 7,000,000/year you can unappreciate me all you want to. If the season really goes badly he just might bolt. We will see. What a jerk!!!

I was watching the Finescum show yesterday, don't do it often, but Finebum was interviewing the midget and saben said something that really told me what he was all about, not that I didn't already know. Finebum said that the bammer fanbase was very disappointed with last season, to which saben replied, "I could care less that the fan base is disappointed, I AM THE ONE THAT IS DISAPPOINTED!! Can any of you imagine Gus making a statement like that? It has been well documented what his relationship with the fanbase is. They take the blame for any or all of the midget's losses. Personally, I think he has had just about enough of the 85%ers. Even his wife has said publicaly that they don't really appreciate him. If I was being paid $ 7,000,000/year you can unappreciate me all you want to. If the season really goes badly he just might bolt. We will see. What a jerk!!!

It amazes me that a fan base could be disappointed with 6 losses in 4 years. Just goes to show how spoiled the Bammers are. Do they really think there's gonna be another coach how there who can cultivate that type of success? Please...

This is a decent read on the Texas situation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/sports/ncaafootball/the-pursuit-of-nick-saban-alabama-vs-texas.html?_r=0

I still think Texas had him, they just screwed things up with their own inner turmoil that was going on at the time in the administration.

I actually understand where he's coming from with fans disappointment vs his own disappointment. It is his JOB while fans use football as a 3 hour escape from real life on Saturdays.

http://www.nytimes.c...texas.html?_r=0

I still think Texas had him, they just screwed things up with their own inner turmoil that was going on at the time in the administration.

Great article. I had not read this before and was amazed at some of the stuff that was going on. I knew deep down the midget was getting antsy and was getting uncomfortable with the fan base and the expectations expected of him. If he doesn't do well, by that I mean he doesn't live up to the 85%ers expectations, he will be gone. They will have a total meltdown and what other coach would want to follow saben? He knew what he was doing when he had it put in his contact that he could leave at anytime. This year will be very interesting to say the least, not only with Auburn but bama also.

Chances are very very few opportunities come knocking at the door to the tune of a $7M buyout, if I were Saban, I'd just phone it in until the ungrateful idiots kicked me out of Tuscaloosa. That way one could sell their services somewhere else and keep raking in the oodles and oodles of cash monies. I think that may even be the best possible outcome for Auburn. Nothing would make me happier to see Bama shell out big bucks in return for Saban's apathy.

And then...

I for one will relish the chance to once again see what happens to UAT when all the talent Men's Warehouse can afford gets squandered by the next schmuck they hire.

I remember the stretch from about 2002-2008 when they weren't "All That."

"Darby up the middle" comes to mind

Mostly I remember Brody Croyle having 11 helpings of fine Pat Dye Field greens... :)

Whenever Saban leaves, I'd like it to be 3 steps in front of the NCAA which proceeds to slam West Vance...

(Wouldn't be the 1st time Bama was staring down the barrel of a gun.)

http://www.nytimes.c...texas.html?_r=0

I have not doubt that was the case. I thought Saban's 2013 60 Minutes thing was nothing more than an infomertial announcing Saban was for sale after the 2013 season. Also, all of the public posturing told me the Texas-Saban negotiations were real.

I think Mack Brown trumped the Texas-Saban negotiations, and ensured Texas would not get Saban as his direct replacement.

I think he'd relish the chance to take another program to the top. He loves building programs much more than maintaining them.

? If he loves building programs so much, then why the hell has he been steady maintaining that factory over there for damn near 10 years?

I've read and heard people saying he loves to build but not maintain for years now. Yet he's been at uat longer than any other program in his career while being courted for other jobs and he's still just maintainin' uat.

It amazes me that a fan base could be disappointed with 6 losses in 4 years. Just goes to show how spoiled the Bammers are. Do they really think there's gonna be another coach how there who can cultivate that type of success? Please...

How can a SEC fan be disappointed with only losing 7 SEC games in 7 (SEVEN) freaking years is beyond me. Name another program or another coach that has been able to accomplish that feat in that amount of time.

I think he'd relish the chance to take another program to the top. He loves building programs much more than maintaining them.

? If he loves building programs so much, then why the hell has he been steady maintaining that factory over there for damn near 10 years?

I've read and heard people saying he loves to build but not maintain for years now. Yet he's been at uat longer than any other program in his career while being courted for other jobs and he's still just maintainin' uat.

$$$ That speaks loud, very loud I think there are only a handful of places he'd go. I don't believe he wants to go back to big ten country. The Texas job was ideal but they screwed that whole thing up royally.

$$$ That speaks loud, very loud I think there are only a handful of places he'd go. I don't believe he wants to go back to big ten country. The Texas job was ideal but they screwed that whole thing up royally.

Texas May fire the coach this year, opening the door again. May not happen, but another bad year and it is possible

UAT is a machine that provides him with talented players. Not having to really work hard at recruiting is a big factor. He has plenty of his own money now. Lil' nicky likes to get what he wants when he wants it. Texas would've given him that same edge. He can get what he needs with a steady supply coming down the pipeline. There are very few schools with the money,resources and shady connections to give him that kind of advantage and control without having ethics get in his way.

He also needs a place where his ego can be fed. bammer and Texas were made for nick saban.

Texas May fire the coach this year, opening the door again. May not happen, but another bad year and it is possible

Looks like Strong is panicking. He just changed play callers on offense.

Looks like Strong is panicking. He just changed play callers on offense.

Just gave the OC job to a coach that joined his staff just this year after being fired last year from Oklahoma. Doesn't look promising

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-longhorns-charlie-strong-play-calling-shawn-watson-offensive-coordinator-090815

Archived