Petrino on Finebaum (cliffs)

RunInRed

Time after time coaches do this....and we know what happens...watch all the film you want, they ain't ready though!!!! :wareagle:

Just . . .

(back to OP)

. . . hoping someone reminds BP how it was high school schemes that got him too. And that the smart kids, the one's who play hard and still made good grades (his jab concerning' Wall Street Journal's report), get schooled by the smart kids on the other side of the field.

I'm in the mikey camp of being satisfied right now (week 1) with a win by any margin over UL. This is our kstate game this year IMO, full of unknowns.

I think this is a combination of our Arkansas and K-State games last year. We are going to get the unknowns and jitters of playing a quality opponent but we also have to contend with Petrino having such a long time to scheme for this game. That will make this a much closer game than most think including me.

However I hope I am wrong and our defense wreaks havoc on their O-line and whichever QB they try to put in the game.

So...YOU think the game will be closer than YOU think it will be? I need some philosophy majors to help me understand how this works and if it's even possible!

You know that Public Administration program that was saved is really special! I can do anything I put my mind to, even stump philosophy majors. In all seriousness I had a couple of sentences that I spliced together and really didn't pay attention obviously.

Nah, no stumping the philosophers here. Descartes (of cogito ergo sum fame) introduced what he called the 'real distinction' between the mind and the body. But that led other philosophers to criticize Descartes on the grounds that he couldn't give a satisfactory account of the interaction between the mind (which for Descartes is an incorporeal substance) and the body (corporeal, extended matter). How could an incorporeal substance have any influence on a corporeal substance, and vice versa?! Rather than stumping the philosophers, this gave us something to talk about. Today, it's known as the Mind-Body Problem.

McFU has just introduced the next big thing. Instead of Descartes' "I think, therefore I am," with the identification of himself as one unified thinking thing, McFU suggests that "We think, therefore we are," with the idea that I am actually a multiple thinking thing -- a 'we'. Now we have not only the old Mind-Body Problem, but also the new and fascinating Mind-Mind Problem.

;)

I'm in the mikey camp of being satisfied right now (week 1) with a win by any margin over UL. This is our kstate game this year IMO, full of unknowns.

I think this is a combination of our Arkansas and K-State games last year. We are going to get the unknowns and jitters of playing a quality opponent but we also have to contend with Petrino having such a long time to scheme for this game. That will make this a much closer game than most think including me.

However I hope I am wrong and our defense wreaks havoc on their O-line and whichever QB they try to put in the game.

So...YOU think the game will be closer than YOU think it will be? I need some philosophy majors to help me understand how this works and if it's even possible!

You know that Public Administration program that was saved is really special! I can do anything I put my mind to, even stump philosophy majors. In all seriousness I had a couple of sentences that I spliced together and really didn't pay attention obviously.

Nah, no stumping the philosophers here. Descartes (of cogito ergo sum fame) introduced what he called the 'real distinction' between the mind and the body. But that led other philosophers to criticize Descartes on the grounds that he couldn't give a satisfactory account of the interaction between the mind (which for Descartes is an incorporeal substance) and the body (corporeal, extended matter). How could an incorporeal substance have any influence on a corporeal substance, and vice versa?! Rather than stumping the philosophers, this gave us something to talk about. Today, it's known as the Mind-Body Problem.

McFU has just introduced the next big thing. Instead of Descartes' "I think, therefore I am," with the identification of himself as one unified thinking thing, McFU suggests that "We think, therefore we are," with the idea that I am actually a multiple thinking thing -- a 'we'. Now we have not only the old Mind-Body Problem, but also the new and fascinating Mind-Mind Problem.

;)

Nuh uh. YOU are.

;)

Nuh uh. YOU are.

Well, 'you' is one of those words accepting of the Way of the We. It's both singular and plural. Grammatical wisdom at work.

;)

Nuh uh. YOU are.

Well, 'you' is one of those words accepting of the Way of the We. It's both singular and plural. Grammatical wisdom at work.

Link?

Ah, how I make myself laugh. Or is it us? We? Me, myself and I... and I? Ugh. I've had hangovers that didn't hurt my brain this badly.

;)

Nuh uh. YOU are.

Link?

Ah, how I make myself laugh. Or is it us? We? Me, myself and I... and I? Ugh. I've had hangovers that didn't hurt my brain this badly.

Yeah, we understand ....

;)

Nuh uh. YOU are.

Link?

"I'm a schizophrenic and so am I" - Bob Wiley

;)/>

Good Lord, who knew failure to proof read would lead to such discussion. I think we will pat ourselves on the back.

;)/>

Good Lord, who knew failure to proof read would lead to such discussion. I think we will pat ourselves on the back.

I'm of two minds about it.

:rimshot:

All coaches at this time of year are in coachspeak. Reminds me of what Deniro told young Henry Hill in Goodfellas after his first bust:

You told 'em nothing and they got nothing.

Archived