Petrino on Finebaum (cliffs)

RunInRed

CN2BstHWEAQ9u7R.jpg

Bobby Petrino

• It's great to get to game week; spent three hard weeks practicing
  • Excited about playing a great team like Auburn and travelling down to Atlanta
  • I feel good about our 3 QBs - all have improved over camp - excited to see how they come out and play
  • I admire the way Gus runs his offense, does a great job of putting players in positions to make plays, utilizing their talent; huge challenge for us trying to handle their tempo and trying to stop the run
  • I like playing in a game to open the season that means something - helps motivates players in off season
  • The way playoff system is, we need to play a strong non-conference schedule
  • ACC is a very competitive league
  • We need to build on last year's recruiting class to get where we want to be as a program
  • Our goal is to win a national championship; win our division, get to ACC championship game, get to the playoff
  • College Football is a great game for fans; sometimes it gets lost these players are student athletes - all they have to go through, athletically and academically
  • I feel very fortunate and blessed to be at U of L

http://espn.go.com/e...lay?id=13559081

He feels blessed to be at U of L. Blessed by whom I wonder?

I guess he should feel blessed to still be married. Some others wish their wives were as understanding as Bobby's.....won't name them but you probably know.

He feels blessed to be at U of L. Blessed by whom I wonder?

I guess he should feel blessed to still be married. Some others wish their wives were as understanding as Bobby's.....won't name them but you probably know.

Jimbo comes to mind.

I don't like Petrino and hope we beat him by 50. I hope he is truthful in his heart and has repented, and becomes a great role model for his players. After we beat him by 50. And he wins all the others, this year.

I do not trust him a bit. I would never put him in a trust situation with my family. Many might say, I don't care, he is a football coach....well I personally think I expect better from my coach and someone I want my kid to look up to.

I don't like Petrino and hope we beat him by 50. I hope he is truthful in his heart and has repented, and becomes a great role model for his players. After we beat him by 50. And he wins all the others, this year.

after we beat him by 50.

I don't like him either, but other than not wanting him for AU's head coach "back when" he's not somebody I think about.

About beating them by 50, I'd take a 31-30 win right now and laugh all the way home. This game has me on edge!

I am sorry... But all I can only picture is Bobby with his horse collar on after his motorcycle accident... The stupidity and lack of discipline he had spoke louder to me than his coaching ability. I know as men we all can fail, but this was not his first problem. He has had integrity problems it seems since he left Auburn in 2002....

I don't like him either, but other than not wanting him for AU's head coach "back when" he's not somebody I think about.

About beating them by 50, I'd take a 31-30 win right now and laugh all the way home. This game has me on edge!

Same regarding the game. I'm nervous about it - although I think I'd be nervous no matter what just because we don't fully know what we have - to this point a lot of what we "know" is just conjecture.

I'm in the mikey camp of being satisfied right now (week 1) with a win by any margin over UL. This is our kstate game this year IMO, full of unknowns.

I think this is a combination of our Arkansas and K-State games last year. We are going to get the unknowns and jitters of playing a quality opponent but we also have to contend with Petrino having such a long time to scheme for this game. That will make this a much closer game than most think including me.

However I hope I am wrong and our defense wreaks havoc on their O-line and whichever QB they try to put in the game.

We were talking about how we feel about Petrino. I don't believe we will beat him by 50 for a minute. But I would like it. :)

I'm in the mikey camp of being satisfied right now (week 1) with a win by any margin over UL. This is our kstate game this year IMO, full of unknowns.

I think this is a combination of our Arkansas and K-State games last year. We are going to get the unknowns and jitters of playing a quality opponent but we also have to contend with Petrino having such a long time to scheme for this game. That will make this a much closer game than most think including me.

However I hope I am wrong and our defense wreaks havoc on their O-line and whichever QB they try to put in the game.

So...YOU think the game will be closer than YOU think it will be? I need some philosophy majors to help me understand how this works and if it's even possible!

I keep reading about the long time Petrino has had to scheme for this game, but does that not work both ways? Has Gus not had the same time to scheme for Louisville? How much does that time really help Petrino when all the film he has shows a porous defense under a different defensive coordinator, and maybe A-Day? There is also very little film of what the offense looks like with JJ at QB.

So...YOU think the game will be closer than YOU think it will be? I need some philosophy majors to help me understand how this works and if it's even possible!

You know that Public Administration program that was saved is really special! I can do anything I put my mind to, even stump philosophy majors. In all seriousness I had a couple of sentences that I spliced together and really didn't pay attention obviously.

I am sorry... But all I can only picture is Bobby with his horse collar on after his motorcycle accident... The stupidity and lack of discipline he had spoke louder to me than his coaching ability. I know as men we all can fail, but this was not his first problem. He has had integrity problems it seems since he left Auburn in 2002....

Most expensive date ever...

I keep reading about the long time Petrino has had to scheme for this game, but does that not work both ways? Has Gus not had the same time to scheme for Louisville? How much does that time really help Petrino when all the film he has shows a porous defense under a different defensive coordinator, and maybe A-Day? There is also very little film of what the offense looks like with JJ at QB.

I think he would need to study gus's offense at tulsa as i think that is how we are going to work this year (maybe a touch more on the ground than those tulsa teams) ... problem is auburn has much better athletes for gus to work with than he had at tulsa. i hope this is a fun year.

I think we get the balance that we all look for every year, but it wouldn't surprise me if we come out heavier on the pass than the run this year.

As for patrino, I still picture the C-collar on with his skinned up mellon. And to think this moron with the collar of shame is an offensive genius? Nope not really just an idiot in the cone of shame. His o was good but not great, otherwise Arky would have accomplished more. So again not worried about losing this game.

As for nervous jitters, I get them before every game. It's all the excitement about to explode from me! ALMOST TIME 1 day, 23 hours, 54 min.

War Damn Eagle!

I think he would need to study gus's offense at tulsa as i think that is how we are going to work this year (maybe a touch more on the ground than those tulsa teams) ... problem is auburn has much better athletes for gus to work with than he had at tulsa. i hope this is a fun year.

Exactly. I see film and extra time to prepare being a wash for both Auburn and Louisville given the unknowns coming into this first game.

Exactly. I see film and extra time to prepare being a wash for both Auburn and Louisville given the unknowns coming into this first game.

Agree, as it did nothing for Arky last year, it will do nothing for Louisville this year.

Archived