Fastest guy on Auburn's offense ?

TexasTiger

No way Jeremy runs a 4.51. Auburn usually speeds these guys up by about 2/10 of a second. 4.7 is much more likely and would still be quick for a 6'6" QB not named Cam Newton.

I have no idea but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Golf is/was faster than Terry Beasley.

Forget Bo, Barkley, Big Hurt, Gaines, and Glance. Golf is the greatest all-round athlete (and beer drinker) AU has ever produced.

I hear Kerryon Johnson is very fast. Anyone know his 40 time?

By the way JJ: Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson says he wants to get his 40 time down to 4.48. Last clocked at 4.51.

More context on how a 4.51 40 would compare: Tre Mason 4.5, Cameron Artis-Payne 4.53, Jadeveon Clowney 4.53, Cam Newton 4.59

Yes, our guy with the golden arm runs faster than Tre, CAP, and CAM and he wants to get faster! Not bad for a guy 6'5" 240 Lbs.

I'm not buying that. On the limited carries he has had he looks nowhere as quick or fast as those guys. Remember Coates' reported 40 time vs what he ran at the combine? This, in my estimation, would be a similar situation.

Remember Matt Jones at Arkansas? Ran a 4.37 at the combine. Now, he looked a little faster than JJ- because he was faster- but he didn't look 4.37 fast b/c he was 6'6. I agree with you that JJ might not run a legit 4.5, but I wouldn't judge him on how fast he appears. I absolutely believe the 4.6 40 time that has been more frequently cited.

Matt Jones highlights. As an aside, what's lower than low definition?

You have good points, but I meant in that JJ wasn't really outrunning anyone to the sideline or running outside in what we have seen in limited competition. It was so limited though that maybe I'm just not remembering correctly. That is possible, I'll admit. Also yes, Matt Jones looked SLOW but he outran everyone with his long strides. I think him and Fred Talley are still running in JHS.

By the way JJ: Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson says he wants to get his 40 time down to 4.48. Last clocked at 4.51.

More context on how a 4.51 40 would compare: Tre Mason 4.5, Cameron Artis-Payne 4.53, Jadeveon Clowney 4.53, Cam Newton 4.59

Yes, our guy with the golden arm runs faster than Tre, CAP, and CAM and he wants to get faster! Not bad for a guy 6'5" 240 Lbs.

I'm not buying that. On the limited carries he has had he looks nowhere as quick or fast as those guys. Remember Coates' reported 40 time vs what he ran at the combine? This, in my estimation, would be a similar situation.

http://www.saturdayd...g-40-yard-dash/

http://www.foxsports...akeaways-042215

I know you're just citing what's been reported, but I just am not a believer until I see it. Not knocking you, just my personal take on it. If he turns out to be that fast I will gladly admit I as wrong. I'm still waiting for James Swinton to show us his reported blazing speed.

http://www.saturdayd...g-40-yard-dash/

http://www.foxsports...akeaways-042215

I know you're just citing what's been reported, but I just am not a believer until I see it. Not knocking you, just my personal take on it. If he turns out to be that fast I will gladly admit I as wrong. I'm still waiting for James Swinton to show us his reported blazing speed.

a few years ago this forum had Corey Grant close to a 4flat at 225pounds. Not only that we had about ten players faster that anyone in the nfl. We went 3-9 that year.

a few years ago this forum had Corey Grant close to a 4flat at 225pounds. Not only that we had about ten players faster that anyone in the nfl. We went 3-9 that year.

Most of those same players almost, and should have won the national championship the next year. All they needed was a coach and a quarterback; talent wasn't a problem. And Corey Grant "has caught the attention of coaches and teammates with his blazing speed" in the NFL. The only other guy I remember hearing crazy stats for was Sammie Coates, who did easily outrun every DB he went up against, even while playing hurt. You might remember him showing that upper body strength against A&M, too. And he got drafted in the 3rd round- despite having questionable hands- by a team who already has Martavis Bryant.

I'm not going to get hung up on a tenth of a second written on a piece of paper. This team is fast and strong.

I have no idea but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Golf is/was faster than Terry Beasley.

Forget Bo, Barkley, Big Hurt, Gaines, and Glance. Golf is the greatest all-round athlete (and beer drinker) AU has ever produced.

Straight ahead running yes against Terry. You left out cigarette smoking numnuts...of course this is out back in the day

Remember Matt Jones at Arkansas? Ran a 4.37 at the combine. Now, he looked a little faster than JJ- because he was faster- but he didn't look 4.37 fast b/c he was 6'6. I agree with you that JJ might not run a legit 4.5, but I wouldn't judge him on how fast he appears. I absolutely believe the 4.6 40 time that has been more frequently cited.

Matt Jones highlights. As an aside, what's lower than low definition?

Yes, I remember Matt Jones. I learned to freakin' hate Matt Jones! Was soooo glad to see him go.

Most of those same players almost, and should have won the national championship the next year. All they needed was a coach and a quarterback; talent wasn't a problem. And Corey Grant "has caught the attention of coaches and teammates with his blazing speed" in the NFL

Newer: Rookie free agent RB Corey Grant may have won roster spot in Jaguars' preseason finale

Here's a few quotes from the story:

“You saw his speed right there – legit fast,” Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said. “You know what? [He runs a] 4.29 [40-yard dash], and I think he used all of it on that touchdown run.”

[big snip]

Recent history is on Grant’s side when it comes to making the Week 1 roster. The Jaguars have had at least three undrafted rookies make the team to start the season over the last five seasons.

“His speed really showed up,” Bradley said. “It was something we saw on his tape. We’ve seen flashes of that speed in practice, but to get that opportunity in a game was great for him.”

Most of those same players almost, and should have won the national championship the next year. All they needed was a coach and a quarterback; talent wasn't a problem. And Corey Grant "has caught the attention of coaches and teammates with his blazing speed" in the NFL

Newer: Rookie free agent RB Corey Grant may have won roster spot in Jaguars' preseason finale

“You saw his speed right there – legit fast,” Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said. “You know what? [He runs a] 4.29 [40-yard dash], and I think he used all of it on that touchdown run.”

[big snip]

Recent history is on Grant’s side when it comes to making the Week 1 roster. The Jaguars have had at least three undrafted rookies make the team to start the season over the last five seasons.

“His speed really showed up,” Bradley said. “It was something we saw on his tape. We’ve seen flashes of that speed in practice, but to get that opportunity in a game was great for him.”

if he had lived up to the hype he got here he would have been the # 1 pick in 2013 draft.

"You saw his speed right there – legit fast," Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said. "You know what? [He runs a] 4.29 [40-yard dash], and I think he used all of it on that touchdown run."

[big snip]

Recent history is on Grant's side when it comes to making the Week 1 roster. The Jaguars have had at least three undrafted rookies make the team to start the season over the last five seasons.

"His speed really showed up," Bradley said. "It was something we saw on his tape. We've seen flashes of that speed in practice, but to get that opportunity in a game was great for him."

if he had lived up to the hype he got here he would have been the # 1 pick in 2013 draft.

Everybody said he was really fast. In the quote above, an NFL head coach is saying the same thing. So he is quite literally living up to the hype.

"You saw his speed right there – legit fast," Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said. "You know what? [He runs a] 4.29 [40-yard dash], and I think he used all of it on that touchdown run."

[big snip]

Recent history is on Grant's side when it comes to making the Week 1 roster. The Jaguars have had at least three undrafted rookies make the team to start the season over the last five seasons.

"His speed really showed up," Bradley said. "It was something we saw on his tape. We've seen flashes of that speed in practice, but to get that opportunity in a game was great for him."

Everybody said he was really fast. In the quote above, an NFL head coach is saying the same thing. So he is quite literally living up to the hype.

he is doing great. I'm elated for him. I am poking fun at the outrageous numbers fanatics post and believe here. It gets overhyped.

One thing about the 40 there are tall guys who run fast 40's because as they get going the long strides eat up ground, that does not always equate to quick. What allowed Nick Marshall to be so effective besides being fast was how quick his first few steps were. In watching JJ he may be fast but I am not sure that he is quick. I am hoping he proves me wrong this year. I would love to see JJ's time in a 10 yard run. Anything in a 1.8 to 2.0 time is pretty darn fast anything below 1.8 is scary fast.

I am poking fun at the outrageous numbers fanatics post and believe here. It gets overhyped.

Fair enough. We crap on some guys, too. At some point we just need to watch football and judge what happens on the field.

I am poking fun at the outrageous numbers fanatics post and believe here. It gets overhyped.

Fair enough. We crap on some guys, too. At some point we just need to watch football and judge what happens on the field.

Don't be ridiculous, Loof. We watch football and make stuff up.

Straight line speed on offense is probably ricardo. He's one of the best athletes on the team considering acceleration and lateral quickness as well. The quickest guys in a 10 yard box are probably jason smith or truitt.

Now all forms of speed and quickness, I believe rudy ford takes the cake. That dude can straight up move.

I agree that Rudy Ford has great speed. And he makes a lot of tackles due to his speed. However, it is usually not a good thing when a safety leads you team in tackles as Rudy did last night. Is that a reflection on how good Rudy is or something else??

Archived