First Game on New Jumbotron Tonight

Proud Tiger

I'm about to go to JH to watch the seasons first game. I know Auburn isn't playing but they are showing the UNC-USC game on the newjjumbotron. It should be neat seeing a live game on one of the world's biggest TVs.

I'm about to go to JH to watch the seasons first game. I know Auburn isn't playing but they are showing the UNC-USC game on the newjjumbotron. It should be neat seeing a live game on one of the world's biggest TVs.

Take some pics for those of us that can not be there.

Love that they let them on the field. Would be a nice picnic style event.

Wish I was there too. I' bet a lot of student have gone home or to Atlanta already if they don't have tests on Friday since it came a a long weekend.

why not full screen? This is a preview of what we will see I guess with ads taking up half of the board.

note to self..if your ad is on the board you get no business from me

11215843_10103217382980581_2317868995597344116_n.jpg?oh=2e9b808c50b082990191d2e5d1e4c137&oe=567149D0

Wow!! I have seen it in person but these pictures are STILL amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like 16:9 to me. ?

I'm guessing they're just playing the broadcast.

Looks like it to me as well, guessing it was designed specifically for that aspect ratio with the ad banners on the sides....

Looks like 16:9 to me. ?

I'm guessing they're just playing the broadcast.

Looks like it to me as well, guessing it was designed specifically for that aspect ratio with the ad banners on the sides....

I get they need the money to pay for it but it's such a waste to have such a big screen and then not use all of it... Smh

It looks like watching a 4:3 ratio aspect on a 16:9 monitor. Please tell me the ad comments are a joke?

Another poster beat me with a pic but I can tell you it was an AUsome experience sitting on the field with no one in the stands. It was the ESPN broadcast being carried. I moved around to different locations from up close laying on my back to the North end goal posts. It is great everywhere. The field gress is in excellent shape.

Regarding the sound system: I didn't notice much improvement other than you could hear everything very clearly from outside of the stadium. Inside, it was very obvious that there is a cluster of speakers in the south endzone. Granted, the only audio coming out was commentary from Jesse Palmer and David Pollack which would sound awful through any rig.

Archived