TCU @ Minnesota

Dom1ni0n

I suppose no one is watching Minnesota just blow away chances to get back in this game.

On a scoring drive and Minnie fumbles the ball out of the end zone, TCU recovers for a touchback.

I'm watching the game now... Not impressed with TCU... Not sure if they're worth the #2 ranking. Husband is home now (he's not a sports fan) so I may have to change the channel soon.

The only entertaining game has been USCe and UNC as expected. TCU hasn't been impressive and neither was the OK ST game. I hope we come out much more explosive than these teams.

Biggest surprise of the night to me is Western Kentucky hasn't scored any points at the moment. Vandy's defense looks much better than when they played Temple last year.

Edit** As I type this western Kentucky scores.

A bit tough to tell in these early openers. Although Minnesota is a middling team, this will still be a challenging road contest.

TCU is also bringing in a few young faces on defense as well, and they appear to be decent so far.

However, Boykin is a special player.

Interested to see how Patterson adjusts at the half.

Like Minnesotas running game, don't like Leidner's arm at all.

Agree on Leidner. I don't think he's capable of stretching the field. That flea-flicker play earlier should have gone for six.

Biggest surprise of the night to me is Western Kentucky hasn't scored any points at the moment. Vandy's defense looks much better than when they played Temple last year.

Completely forgot about Vandy/WKU.

I had been flipping between this and watching Harbaugh's debut with Michigan @ Utah.

Completely forgot about Vandy/WKU.

I had been flipping between this and watching Harbaugh's debut with Michigan @ Utah.

Me too... Just switched to the vandy game. Looks like a tight one.

I don't like the Minnesota qb...looks like he throws a knuckle ball

On the Vandy note WKU is up 14-6 in the fourth and Vandy fans are already calling for Mason to be fired.

I don't doubt it. This is one of only three winable games for them. So they will probably go from a 3 win team to a 2 win team.

On the Vandy note WKU is up 14-6 in the fourth and Vandy fans are already calling for Mason to be fired.

Someone should inform that bunch that the Franklin years were the exception, not the rule.

Extremely short memories.

Well looks as if WKU will win 14-12. Vandy was finally able to score on 4th down with 30 seconds left. 4 trips inside the 3 and only one TD, their O is pretty sad.

I'm watching the game now... Not impressed with TCU... Not sure if they're worth the #2 ranking. Husband is home now (he's not a sports fan) so I may have to change the channel soon.

1st game. Minn is a decent team..esp. their defense. A lot of kinks to be worked out with the first game. Been the theme of the night with games.

My take on TCU after one game: Boykin's accuracy was way off. Their offensive line was very unimpressive IMO. When Boykin made some moves, he had moderate success on the ground, but otherwise they struggled to run the ball. And in pass protection, Boykin didn't exactly have a clean pocket all night. It's just one game, but at this rate Baylor will trounce TCU.

Well looks as if WKU will win 14-12. Vandy was finally able to score on 4th down with 30 seconds left. 4 trips inside the 3 and only one TD, their O is pretty sad.

Vandy is now the first/only SEC Team to lose to a C-USA School. At least that is what the announcers said. But didnt UAB beat LSU as C-USA? I really dont keep up with UAB tho.

Mason, he is gone. That Vandy team had no fight and they are not well coached. Seriously, this might be one of the worst Vandy teams in years.

Archived