2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

3434984.jpg

Marlon Davidson, SDE

Greenville, AL (Greenville)

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 260 | 40: 4.74

- Unofficial visit to AU 6/11/14

- Unofficial visit to AU 3/06/15

- December graduate

- Committed to AU 9/04/15

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 59, No. 3 SDE)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 8, No. 1 SDE)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank No. 41, No. 6 DE)

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Alabama, TCU and Tennessee, among others.

Hudl Highlights

3345618.JPG

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

3434984.jpg

Maron Davidson, SDE

Montgomery, AL (Carver)

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 260 | 40: 4.90

- Unofficial visit to AU 6/11/14

- Unofficial visit to AU 3/06/15

- Teammate of 5* LB Lyndell Wilson

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 49, No. 3 SDE)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 2, No. 1 SDE)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank No. 45, No. 5 DE)

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Alabama, TCU and Tennessee, among others.

Hudl Highlights

3345618.JPG

The trending thought on MD is AU leads since he is the little bro of former AU DL Kenneth Carter. That has not been said directly by MD or I believe any sources to AU recruiting reporters.

He is visited both AU & Bama for games multiple times this season and has a good relationship with both staffs.

Great film on Marlon. Thanks for posting E. He looks very powerful against the run. Since he went to Carver, maybe JJ is helping us.

Marlon looked great in those highlights but what stood out this most was his killer instinct. He also had some monster blocks on those two interceptions and looked really athletic on that blocked punt.

Great film on Marlon. Thanks for posting E. He looks very powerful against the run. Since he went to Carver, maybe JJ is helping us.

He is but so is SDH from Bama.

He is but so is SDH from Bama.

Ah, forgot about SDH.

• 2 months later...

The tv broadcaster stated that MSU had three players from Carver High in Montgomery. I wonder if they were trying to see old friends play ball.

He looks like KC, I think it is the hair. Cant help but think he is ours to lose. Family and stuff.

AU vs uat. 50/50 right now.

Really, fifty. Thought we would have the upper hand straight out of the gate.

Long route,

He looks like KC, I think it is the hair. Cant help but think he is ours to lose. Family and stuff.

Long route,

AU does have the upper hand out the gate but a long ways to go. Lets hope out D play this year is a lot better. Especially and LBer. if you get my drift.

Long route,

AU does have the upper hand out the gate but a long ways to go. Lets hope out D play this year is a lot better. Especially and LBer. if you get my drift.

The defense, at all positions, will be markedly better in 2015. What that translates to in terms of this kid and others, time will tell.

Long route,

The defense, at all positions, will be markedly better in 2015. What that translates to in terms of this kid and others, time will tell.

We say this every year. No one knows how better the D will be next year. Tons of factors in play here.

Long route,

We say this every year. No one knows how better the D will be next year. Tons of factors in play here.

I hear ya on that. I've learned my lesson on being overly optimistic before a season starts. The defense 'should' be better in 2015... But then there's that funny word: "should".

EDIT: and in an effort not to derail this thread, man I hope we get this guy!

• 2 weeks later...

Its early, of course, but AU has 100% of the CBs for Davidson at this point (including Niebuhr and Hoke). Gotta like that.

Archived