Race Doesn't Exist

Weegle777

Very interesting article. Since all blue-eyed people come from a common ancestor, this makes sense.

http://www.newsweek.com/there-no-such-thing-race-283123

Little snippet, read more at link:

In 1950, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) issued a statement asserting that all humans belong to the same species and that “race” is not a biological reality but a myth. This was a summary of the findings of an international panel of anthropologists, geneticists, sociologists, and psychologists.

A great deal of evidence had accumulated by that time to support this conclusion, and the scientists involved were those who were conducting research and were most knowledgeable about the topic of human variation. Since that time similar statements have been published by the American Anthropological Association and the American Association of Physical Anthropologists, and an enormous amount of modern scientific data has been gathered to justify this conclusion.

Today the vast majority of those involved in research on human variation would agree that biological races do not exist among humans. Among those who study the subject, who use and accept modern scientific techniques and logic, this scientific fact is as valid and true as the fact that the earth is round and revolves around the sun.

This is hardly news. :dunno:

Titan is correct. The concept of race is more social than biological.

I think it's news to some folks, unfortunately.

I didn't think this was unknown to many either... but maybe I was wrong.

And Cole, it's not that "race" doesn't exist, it's that peoples thoughts of what race is just isn't correct. I don't think anyone's arguing that race hasn't played a huge part in our countries history.

This is why you can't have a serious discussion on this forum. The usual suspects try to act like children. Yep, it is ironic.

Not everybody can be real Men like you are.

This is hardly news. :dunno:/>

And Cole, it's not that "race" doesn't exist, it's that peoples thoughts of what race is just isn't correct. I don't think anyone's arguing that race hasn't played a huge part in our countries history.

You know what....I jumped the gun a bit...I'll wait, but watch what is said.

I do not think the OP's intention was to deny that racism exists. I think it was merely pointing out that in scientific terms race is irrelevant (we are all genetically too similar) and, scientifically speaking, I believe the term used to explain our differences is known as tribalism. Someone please correct me if that is not right.

After segregation, slavery, persecution....hey man why are talking about race bro....It doesn't exist lol

You're confusing the acts of discrimination w/ the issue of 'race' . Folks have been discriminated against, for all sorts of reasons. In Africa, N. Ireland, where racial differences don't exist what so ever, groups of people still set up arbitrary rules and boundaries which divide each other.

There is only one Human race. It's things like culture , language and religion which truly divide us.

This is why you can't have a serious discussion on this forum. The usual suspects try to act like children. Yep, it is ironic.

Got a little Napoleonic Syndrome going on there tiny? :laugh:

Got a little Napoleonic Syndrome going on there tiny? :laugh:/>

I am 6'3, 225. Yeah, so tiny.

I do not think the OP's intention was to deny that racism exists. I think it was merely pointing out that in scientific terms race is irrelevant (we are all genetically too similar) and, scientifically speaking, I believe the term used to explain our differences is known as tribalism. Someone please correct me if that is not right.

I think ethnicity is the more common term, but tribalism works as well.

In other species, it's often referred to as variants.

After segregation, slavery, persecution....hey man why are talking about race bro....It doesn't exist lol

You're confusing the acts of discrimination w/ the issue of 'race' . Folks have been discriminated against, for all sorts of reasons. In Africa, N. Ireland, where racial differences don't exist what so ever, groups of people still set up arbitrary rules and boundaries which divide each other.

There is only one Human race. It's things like culture , language and religion which truly divide us.

You left out the biggie - skin color, which is a visual indicator of said differences.

I'm 3'8, 345. Yeah, so tiny.

I'm 3'8, 345. Yeah, so tiny.

That's nice, man.

Wasn't talking about your height or weight... :laugh:

Archived