Sunday Notes - 09 13 15

RunInRed

Looking back, looking ahead ...

Will Muschamp

Will Muschamp updates Josh Holsey: "It doesn't look good right now."

@JamesCrepea

Muschamp on Holsey: "They're still going through the (MRI) results and things like that." Says Malzahn will have more this week

Justin Garrett strained his quad early in the game. Garrett, Lawson and Matthews all expected back for LSU, per Muschamp

Muschamp on Rudy Ford: "He makes a lot of plays. He has tremendous speed and plays really fast on the field."

Muschamp on the late defensive stops: That was really one of the few bright spots of the game

Muschamp said he was disappointed overall in Saturday's effort. Pleased with the red-zone defense.

Muschamp on Cassanova McKinzy: Extremely productive and played well. Needs to clean up some things, but said his production was good to see

Muschamp on struggles against mobile quarterbacks: "Everyone we're facing on our schedule has a guy that can move around a little bit"

Muschamp said Montravious Adams played "outstanding" against Jacksonville State. Said Auburn needs him to play well against LSU

Muschamp on time at LSU: "Carol and I love Baton Rouge and the people and still have a lot of friends there. It's a football-fevered place."

Most important thing AU needs to do to slow LSU's run game? "We need to play in our scheme and system. We need to execute the call."

@AUBlog

Muschamp: Rudy Ford talented young man, who makes a lot of plays, covers lot of ground

Muschamp: need more snaps out of more guys up front, especially going to Baton Rouge where it will be hot

Muschamp: “we have enough good players to have a good defense, haven’t met those standards yet”

Muschamp: LSU & Auburn “as good of a rivalry in college football”

@wareagleextra

Muschamp on Rudy Ford: "There are some things that you can't coach that he can do"

Muschamp on LSU RB Leonard Fournette: "Fantastic young man and a really good football player...we've got our work cut out for us"

Muschamp on last time he coached in Baton Rouge: "They made a play when they needed to make it"

Muschamp on injuries: "It's a long season. We have to get better and improve with the guys we've got out there"

Muschamp said heat will be a factor in Baton Rouge this Saturday

Muschamp said Auburn-LSU has been one of the best rivalries in college football over the last couple of decades

Muschamp on LSU: "I really enjoyed my time there...still have a bunch of friends there"

@EvanMcCullers

Muschamp on the defense Saturday "we had some things to like, just didn't execute too well"

Muschamp on Leonard Fournette "he's a great player and a guy you love to compete against"

Muschamp talking about 2007 game in Baton Rouge "give them credit they took a shot to the end zone to try to win the game"

@ITATJason

Muschamp on struggles against QBs with mobility: "Everyone on we're facing has a guy that can move around."

Muschamp says he needs to rotate his D-lineman in Baton Rouge on a hot day Saturday. "It's never been cold there."

Muschamp says Baton Rouge is "football friendly place" and "a great environment"

@matthewcstevens

Auburn's Will Muschamp says defensive lineman Montravius Adams was "outstanding. Very disruptive in the game."

Muschamp says Mon Adams and Dontavius Russell continue to play very well up front

Auburn's Will Muschamp on his defense: "We just need to execute the call. If we do that, we'll be fine. We need to continue to evolve."

@AUGoldMine

Muschamp on the performance of Auburn's defense after 2 games: "I’d rather be judged when the season is over."

@WesleySinor

Austin Golson

Golson: "We knew we had to find a way to win...we found a way to do it"

Golson on end of JSU game: "It showed a lot about how we would be when adversity hits"

Golson: "They're big, strong, fast and physical." He said he watched LSU-MSU last night to get an idea about the personnel of both.

@EvanMcCullers

Golson: "I knew we weren't going to lose the game ... but yes, it would have been terrible."

Golson on Jeremy Johnson: "I think he's fine. He's fine. He'll be OK. ... I think he'll be fine. He's still leading"

Golson on Johnson's INTs: "Everybody throws picks. ... You just got to learn from it. ... I'm sure he'll bounce back and cut those out."

@AUBlog

Golson talking about "toning out the noise" of Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

Golson on Jeremy Johnson's INTs: "Everybody throws picks. All quarterbacks do. The game is over and we're 2-0."

Golson on LSU: "They're big, strong, fast and physical. They have everything every SEC program has."

@matthewcstevens

Montravius Adams

Adams on Fournette: "He's matured in a lot of ways" since last year. "It's going to be a good challenge for us."

Adams: "At the end of the day, we'll take the win. But JSU shouldn't be scoring that many points or have that many yards against us."

@EvanMcCullers

Montravius Adams on LSU's Leonard Fournette: "Overall, I think he's a good back. I think it's a good challenge for us."

Montravius Adams on defense's struggles: "I don't have the answer. I'm trying to find the answer too."

Adams said he had "never heard" that Auburn hasn't won in LSU since 1999. "We ain't going to Baton Rouge just to lose. We're going to fight"

@AUBlog

Auburn DL Montravius Adams says the yardage that Fournette had against Mississippi State is impresive and shows his talent.

@matthewcstevens

Auburn defensive lineman Montravius Adams: "You said I had a good game. I'm asking coaches if there's anything I can do more…"

@AUGoldMine

Hopefully, Saturday woke a few folks up. This team is not as good as everyone thought they were.

But, there is alot of potential and now is the time to get good. Maybe the diversity built the character and humility needed to make things happen the rest of the season. Hopefully.

zone read touchdown by Jeremy on this first series against Louisville.... Looked great....haven't seen him run it since.

Tuck it and run if the receivers are covered.

Presnap sideline decision on which way to go zone read.... But yes it looked nice. I expect a completely different gameplan against LSU.

What do you expect on the gameplan Eagle..just curious. Because I am one of the crazy people that thinks (probably hopes) CGM has sandbagged us and then the injuries compounded his strategy.I know, I know...I just cannot believe we are so non-productive on offense.

I agree completely...it cannot be any worse than handing off for just 2 yards and helluva lot better than incompetion or interception...AND it helps open up more options. This is my prayer...we get Lawson, Garrett, Tray and Countess.

What do you expect on the gameplan Eagle..just curious. Because I am one of the crazy people that thinks (probably hopes) CGM has sandbagged us and then the injuries compounded his strategy.I know, I know...I just cannot believe we are so non-productive on offense.

I expect much closer to the first half of the Louisville game. Speed sweeps with Ricardo (these are absolutely crucial to spreading out the D so JJ can find an open receiver). I expect a lot more pre snap motion from the wr core (helps spread and confuse the D) I expect a few jailbreak screen passes to slow down the D rush. I expect Duke to catch a few balls drawing some d attention causing Ricardo to be harder to cover, and I expect a zone read pass or two. I know all these may not happen, but most of them need to happen if we are going to have a chance.

Archived