Les Miles' Wednesday Presser - Auburn Game

RunInRed

Les Miles, post-practice: Opens with LSU leading all colleges with 40 players on opening day NFL rosters.

Miles: "They're looking forward to playing in Tiger Stadium. They don't care what time it is."

Miles again reiterates that LSU players must "hydrate at the cellular level."

Miles says LSU DE Isaiah Washington practiced today, but Miles says he's unsure if Washington will play.

Miles says Jalen Mills is "coming, coming." He watched LSU's practice today.

Miles says Jalen Mills is "not expected to play" in LSU's game Saturday.

Miles says either Clapp or Maea will start at left guard for LSU.

Miles says Boutte "is doing well" after not playing in the 2H of LSU's win at State.

Les Miles implies that Josh Boutte used to get by solely on physical dominance, but technique needs to keep coming. "We’re for Josh."

Miles on LSU front 7 depth: "We're much thicker than you think. Very easily two deep. Five ends really. Five DTs."

Miles on having to rotate LSU front 7 vs. Auburn: "I suspect we'll play more of those guys Saturday."

Miles said he expects to see LSU WR Jazz Ferguson play vs. Auburn.

Les asked if he thought AU game would linger with Brandon Harris: Resounding "No"

Les Miles notes on his radio show that State averaged "1.5 yards per carry" in LSU's win last week.

Miles refers to Auburn as the "sixth-ranked team in the country." Auburn plummeted to No. 18 in AP following close call with Jax State.

Miles, asked if Harris will throw more: "I would not be surprised if he didn't throw more times."

Les Miles says LSU QB Brandon Harris doesn't have a lot of freedom w/checks & Tigers didn't have many vs. State.

@DellenerAdv

Interesting. I'm expecting nothing but play action pass from him. They are gonna lean on #7 and be real conservative IMO

Stack the box, keep the DEs from rushing upfield so we can keep the QB contained on zone reads, and mix in some run blitzes to disrupt Fournette before he really gets moving. I imagine most defenses' plan this year will be to make Brandon Harris beat them--easier said than done though.

After Les said: "Les Miles, post-practice: Opens with LSU leading all colleges with 40 players on opening day NFL rosters"

The press should have asked: And what did you do when you had those players the past five or six years?

2008 Florida 2009 Alabama 2010 Auburn 2011 LSU 2012 Alabama 2013 Auburn 2014 Alabama

Archived