Jeremy Johnson Postgame Interview - LSU

RunInRed

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes me sick. JJ is a college kid. It's obvious how bad he feels and how he is struggling to keep his composure. There's no need to act like a pack of rabid dogs tearing into fresh meat.

JJ is currently and has been poorly coached by Gus and Lashlee. Not his fault. However: it is also possible that he may not be a legitimate SEC caliber QB. Again, that is not his fault, it is the fault of his coaches for not recognizing that.

wde

This makes me sick. JJ is a college kid. It's obvious how bad he feels and how he is struggling to keep his composure. There's no need to act like a pack of rabid dogs tearing into fresh meat.

I agree and you have to feel bad for JJ. The play at QB is what it is but just to keep digging at the kid is pathetic imo. Who is that "grown up" reporter with the low voice who kept asking the same line of questions about being benched, why will you be better, etc., over and over again ?

I agree and you have to feel bad for JJ. The play at QB is what it is but just to keep digging at the kid is pathetic imo. Who is that "grown up" reporter with the low voice who kept asking the same line of questions about being benched, why will you be better, etc., over and over again ?

That same guy has gotten under Gus' s skin a few times during fall camp....I don't remember his voice from last year.

That same guy has gotten under Gus' s skin a few times during fall camp....I don't remember his voice from last year.

I don't remember that voice either. Yes, whoever it is, he is also annoying in Gus's pressers but never to this extent. This is with a college kid too.

IMO Gus should make JJ off limits to the media, period. This kid is a head case and shouldn't have to be forced to cope with the media right now.

Yes, I think it might have gotten to that point. That would probably be a good idea for now, for his sake.

I feel really bad for him. I like JJ and he was a great team player when Nick was the QB. All he wanted to do was be a leader and excel. Our coaches have done him a horrible injustice.

This is AUBURN

The land of the free and home of the brave

SEC Powerhouse, Bo Jackson played here, Tre Mason played here, Cam Newton played here

Hold your heads up and lets get this mother going

We got this baby, stop pouting , Lock n Load, let's roll, giddy up, 10-4 Roger that and right back atcha good buddy, Mississippi State here we come

WAR DAMN EAGLE

I honestly think the Ark game last year was not a fluke. He was ready and confident, only to be benched for the rest of the season. THAT is what messed with his head, IMO.

Mashall would not have seen the field last year under a lot of coaches. You break the rules and give up your spot, you may lose it forever.

I honestly think the Ark game last year was not a fluke. He was ready and confident, only to be benched for the rest of the season. THAT is what messed with his head, IMO.

Mashall would not have seen the field last year under a lot of coaches. You break the rules and give up your spot, you may lose it forever.

Why would that have messed up his head? He knew going into that game that he wasn't taking the majority of the snaps. I think if anything he played better with the confidence of knowing his mistakes wouldn't lead to him being put in timeout because Marshall was just coming back in anyway.

The same reason I think Sean White would do well at first. He'll play with the confidence of knowing that JJ sucked it up before him and could be brought back in if he fails. Nobody would expect White to solve our problems. It's a big burden off.

Case of the Yips?

I wouldn't blame him if it was. Especially since his yips is throwing the team itself into a spiral.

If it was just him messing up it would be survivable. BUT his defense isn't bailing anyone out and the rest of the offense isn't doing him any favors. Couple that with Malzahn's tendency to go ultra vanilla when he feels the QB is performing poorly and you've got a recipe for disaster as the opposing coaches have a field day with stopping simple schemes. He's not playing well right now but his play is being exacerbated by the remainder of the team and coaching.

I agree, this "problem" on both sides of the ball are the coaches fault, not the kids. Take for example, the "field person" for CBS on the sideline came on camera and told everybody that Lashlee had gone to JJ and taken his right glove off and told him not to wear it. That is poor on Lashlee's part, especially if JJ is thinking it helps him in some way.

JJ is currently and has been poorly coached by Gus and Lashlee. Not his fault. However: it is also possible that he may not be a legitimate SEC caliber QB. Again, that is not his fault, it is the fault of his coaches for not recognizing that.

wde

I dont agree with this. What happened the Arkansas game last year.... I think its the pressure that hes been under. All of the praise he was getting prior to being the starter. He played lights out last year.... Same kids just a bigger role. Theres a difference than playing with no pressure because you know Nick Marshall could come in and do what he did, then you being now THE MAN. Just saying.

Archived