White starting - CONFIRMED

Quietmaninthecorner

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody got what they wanted then. I'm eager to see what we have in White and I feel that starting in Auburn is a good starting point for him. However, we are obviously killing that momentum we had at the end of the game.

There goes the Qb runs too.

Sean White will start at quarterback for Auburn against Mississippi State on Saturday.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn announced White, a redshirt-freshman, will take over for Jeremy Johnson, during his Tuesday press conference.

White, a heralded recruit, has yet to take a collegiate snap.

Johnson went 11 for 19 for 100 yards and rushed for 41 yards against LSU. The Montgomery native had two late passing touchdowns and a 65-yard rushing score as well as an interception and two fumbles, one of which was lost and setup LSU for a score.

http://www.al.com/au...ml#incart_river

Sean may not be a running QB, but he's surprisingly mobile in the pocket. Saw him play in high school and there were a few plays in the Under Armour All American game where he showed he can move.

I hope this provides the offense the spark they need to get in gear. JJ will benefit from this too.

I Agree.

With as restless as the (us) natives are, patience is running short. I just hope we have enough patience with White.

I assume he has had little time with the 1's, and is being thrown in the fire at a VERY inopportune time. I imagine he will get NO sleep Friday night, and will be a bundle of nerves til he makes a couple passes or takes a hit or 2.

Sean White is mobile to an extent. Sort of like Aaron Murray his last year at UGA. Be excited folks, SW should be pretty darn good.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Scouting-Report-Sean-White-158581 -Scouting report from Keith Niebuhr

I know many of us watched him play in the All Star game when he was most definitely the best QB there, but that game is not the only reason why I like Sean. I doubt he puts up flashy numbers but he will rarely have horrible throws as well so there is a nice trade-off.

Kids a baller. I just hope they haven't coached that out of him.

Now we hold our breath and hope that the tandem of White and Smith can get us on the scoreboard...a lot.

I just heard it on XM radio on neuheisel and childers...Sean White starting and Carl Lawson will not play against Miss state. I believe they said Lawson out for at least two more weeks

I'm still looking for just improvement. I like that Gus realized a change was needed and went with it. Looks like he's not as stubborn with his choices as we thought.

Archived