09 23 15 Notes

RunInRed

Will Muschamp

Muschamp on 411 rus yards: "You have to be able to get off blocks and make a tackle. ... A lot of it is want-to. That team outphysicaled us"

Muschamp: Dak Prescott is an outstanding player.

Muschamp: There will be personnel changes. "When you play as abysmal as we did, you have to make changes." ... Will see them Saturday

Muschamp: "There are communication issues we've had the entire fall at linebacker and at safety. ... It's frustrating."

Muschamp: "It's easy to be critical when you're sitting in the stands watching Leonard Fournette run down your throat."

Muschamp mentions how Cassanova McKinzy played some Buck in third-down situations.

Justin Garrett will be available to play this week, Muschamp said. Was a game-time decision last week.

Muschamp on Garrett: "There's no question he'll play Saturday.

Was effort an issue? Muschamp: "There were guys that played extremely hard in that game. That 1 play was not indicative of what we wanna do"

Muschamp said, "quite frankly, we're changing the culture around here."

Muschamp: "It falls on my shoulders and nobody else. We just got to prepare the guys better"

Muschamp won't use Lawson's injury as an excuse: "We're going to put 11 guys out there"

Muschamp says TJ Davis is not full-contact yet. Will meet with Dr. Andrews again soon.

Muschamp on defending Miss St: "You got to stick your face in the fan. You got to like it."

Muschamp: "I'm in this for the long haul. ... I'm excited about these guys. We got to do a better job of coaching these guys."

Muschamp on Sean White: "An accurate thrower that's athletic and functions well in our system"

@AUBlog

Muschamp says MSU "has recruited really, really well". "They're really good at being tied together in run & pass."

Will Muschamp says personnel changes are coming Saturday. Sounds very much they are likely to be at LB and safety.

Muschamp says a lot of it is 'want to' with the 411 rushing yards given up by LSU.

@matthewcstevens

"We have good enough players" to have a good defense, says Auburn's Will Muschamp.

@AUGoldMine

Muschamp: "We've just got to find our best 11 right now."

Muschamp: "You say it over and over and over again. Winning soothes a lot of things."

@RyanABlack

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not being negative or funny serious question. What are people expecting from tj Davis? I don't get why they keep talking about him

Thanks Reb and I agree they are changing the culture. It takes a little time. If our offense played up to par, it would have given him a little bit of help.

Boom is in full throttle mode. The upperclassmen have one option if they want to play moving forward.

He doesn't sugarcoat too much. I'm interested to see what changes he comes up with. I really think Muschamp can get us to playing good defense again. I just hope it happens some time soon.

Muschamp is working hard and damn well expects his players to as well.

About time we had less touchy feely and MORE Muschamp!

Now get the hell outta the way. Men are working here.

I'm not being negative or funny serious question. What are people expecting from tj Davis? I don't get why they keep talking about him

not having to rely on freshmen id guess

I'm not gonna lie I didn't expect anything from Holsey or Davis before all the transfers, but things happened

I have noticed that after Lawson got hurt, I have not seen the effort from the upperclassmen like I saw before he got hurt.....it just looks like Lawson was our "general patton" and the troops followed his lead....the most effort that I have seen since then has came from the young guys, who made a ton of mistakes, but they were making the mistakes at full throttle....I can handle losing to a better team and we lost to a better LSU team on Saturday....its the way we lost that bites me in the butt.....I am tired of a certain LB belly dancing with the other teams linemen and not filling gaps....I am tired of DE's constantly not setting the edge and holding containment....I am tired of seeing tacklers taking bad angles on a ball carrier....they have done this for their entire career....les miles took his lumps last year and played all of those young guys and look at them this year....in my honest and unasked for opinion, its time for us to do the same, and I think we will see that this week....this team is weak and soft and just does not want to improve, and I am singling out the vets, not the young guys....the oline got pushed around by JAX STATE!.....they looked like 5 hogs wallowing in the mud......I just don't think that the older guys have what it takes, and this is based on last year and 3 games this year....tough if this offends the lollipop and sunshine community, but its true and anything else is just an excuse

Only 6-months after a torn ACL injury? Not much. I think the staff is right to go easy with him.

Anybody catch where he said he's never had a whole group this bad in his career? And to think there are people who still believe that the last guy wasn't the problem.... It takes years for a team to get that bad and takes a while...and pissing off all the weak older guys who are used to being sissies...to get it turned around. WM WILL TURN THIS AROUND BY DECEMBER. BANK ON IT.

Muschamp is working hard and damn well expects his players to as well.

About time we had less touchy feely and MORE Muschamp!

Now get the hell outta the way. Men are working here.

Right on..these players will give their all for him or they won't be playin

Anybody catch where he said he's never had a whole group this bad in his career? And to think there are people who still believe that the last guy wasn't the problem.... It takes years for a team to get that bad and takes a while...and pissing off all the weak older guys who are used to being sissies...to get it turned around. WM WILL TURN THIS AROUND BY DECEMBER. BANK ON IT.

Not good enough. He needs to have it turned around by October.

That would be nice, but from the way he has spoken in the past and again in that clip CWM is thinking it will be better next year and better still the following year. That's why he mentioned that only one part of UF's D improved in one season and that he's in it at AU for the long haul. At least that's what I got from it.

So this week then? That's realistic. BTW...by December would imply sometime in October...

Sure, I'd be happy if he could turn it around by this weekend. 'By December' essentially means by the end of the season. Need to see some tangible results sooner than that.

Gotta be patient. He's still tearing it down - playbook being simplified to find something these boys can execute. May be a while.

going with youth last year is paying dividends for les miles this year....I hate this, because I was expecting a playoff team this year,but this is the right thing to do....this season is nothing more than trying to make a bowl now....its time to rebuild from the ground up.....trust me, I will be glad to see a bunch of players off of this team get their diploma's and get on with their lives.....I just wish that it could be sooner than later

I couldn't be more thrilled with having Coach Boom running our defense again. Anyone that expected championship defense this year was delusional. Give him time, Boom will right the ship.

Archived