09 27 15 Notes

RunInRed

Will Muschamp

Muschamp: "Pleased with the run game for the most part ... especially on third down."

Muschamp: "Overall we played hard, thought we tackled much better ... we didn't do enough to win the game." Notes AU missed just 6 tackles

Muschamp says "there's no question" last night's performance should give Auburn's defense some confidence moving forward

Muschamp said he was pleased with the personnel changes he made on defense.

Muschamp said they need to move Blake Countess from corner to safety. "He's our best safety right now."

Muschamp on safeties: "We need to play better at the position, bottom line."

Muschamp said Tre' Williams will be fine. Did not practice tonight, but "fully expect" him to practice Tuesday

Muschamp: "We didn't get the results, and that's the bottom line. This is a bottom-line profession."

Muschamp said he felt better about LB play on Saturday. "We did some better things, but nothing that was outstanding."

Muschamp on SJSU: "I know Al Borges very well. ... Watching their RB today, what little I watched, he's a really good back"

@AUBlog

Auburn DC Will Muschamp: "I don't know about keeping" changes, but had "better production"

Auburn DC Will Muschamp: "someone has to win on the rush for us, something we struggled with"

Auburn DC Will Muschamp: "we weren't going to let him run the ball" talking of Dak Prescott

Auburn DC Will Muschamp: "nothing that was outstanding" referring to play of linebackers

@wareagleextra

Muschamp: "That was unacceptable in Baton Rouge. That starts with me."

Muschamp: "We did not get the results and this is a bottom line business."

Muschamp on DL in 2016 recruiting class: "I've told them all. You come to Auburn, you play quick. Put that in your article."

@matthewcstevens

Justin Garrett

Garrett: "It's easy to be down, but our mindset is to get better every week.... All you can do is move forward now."

@AUBlog

Auburn linebacker Justin Garrett says Saturday's game was a confidence builder for the defense.

Linebacker Justin Garrett says Auburn can continue to build. "There's still a lot of football to be played," he said.

@AUGoldMine

Marcus Davis

Davis on Sean White: "That guy played with a lot of courage and he made plays for us yesterday."

Davis on offensive struggles: "I know we have to get better at doing the little things right."

Davis: "Our slogan is 'Count On Me,' and we really got to put that into play now."

Davis said he was kind of surprised by Sean White's running ability: "I played him three years in HS and he always beat us w/ his arm."

Davis believes the offense took a positive step despite not scoring a touchdown. Biggest thing was moving the ball.

@AUBlog

“I had never really seen him run, but that guy can really move around and make plays," Marcus Davis on Sean White

@wareagleextra

Receiver Marcus Davis says Sean White "has that swagger about him" as Auburn's starting quarterback.

@AUGoldMine

Need to prepare like we're playing any other SEC team. We "should" be able to do some things Saturday afternoon but we have to put together and great effort. SJSU will be looking to get a big upset win.

Muschamp didn't explain the obvious: The linebacker play was better because Garrett was over his injury and back on the field. Also, Tre Williams played a lot more snaps.

I sorta wish Muschamp was the head coach and Gus the OC. I'm seeing results and improvement out of a very young, Muschamp coached D in a short amount of time. If he sticks around we will be good on D as long as Gus's O doesn't scare all the good recruits away.

Come to Auburn and you will play. Put that in your article.

Love that.

War Eagle Will.

That jumped out at me, also.

+++

Agree on Williams/Garret. Big time improvement in play. Frost needs to hit the ole dusty trail.

Frost made some good plays for us saturday. It was his best game in a while.

he may be better suited to come off bench

Agree on Williams/Garret. Big time improvement in play. Frost needs to hit the ole dusty trail.

Frost made some good plays for us saturday. It was his best game in a while.

he may be better suited to come off bench

Agreed

Frost is one of the vocal defensive leaders. Believe it or not his presence and value to the team is much greater than what the general board think

Frost is one of the vocal defensive leaders. Believe it or not his presence and value to the team is much greater than what the general board think

On the field? In the locker room? Both?

This was the first season where I quit sticking up for his on-field performance, but he looked better Saturday.

I would imagine both but DEFINITELY on the field...And I'm talking vocal not necessarily production all the time. But if you watch him on the sidelines he doesn't allow too much head hanging

Agreed. He actually had a pretty good game last week coming off the bench. I think CWM sees him as a leader on the team. Whenever a defensive series would end Muschamp would be talking to linebackers, standing directly in front of Frost explaining his drawing on the clip board. Whether thats due to Williams going out early or he's illustrating how far out of position Frost is I'm not sure, but I think he expects Frost to be the vocal leader out there. We have pretty close seats right behind the bench so I enjoy watching player and coaches reactions.

I would imagine both but DEFINITELY on the field...And I'm talking vocal not necessarily production all the time. But if you watch him on the sidelines he doesn't allow too much head hanging

Agreed. He actually had a pretty good game last week coming off the bench. I think CWM sees him as a leader on the team. Whenever a defensive series would end Muschamp would be talking to linebackers, standing directly in front of Frost explaining his drawing on the clip board. Whether thats due to Williams going out early or he's illustrating how far out of position Frost is I'm not sure, but I think he expects Frost to be the vocal leader out there. We have pretty close seats right behind the bench so I enjoy watching player and coaches reactions.

Good stuff, thanks for the observations.

"Often your best leaders are not your best players"~~~Pat Dye

I hope Williams is really okay. He seemed to be having a heck of a game before he got hurt. Maybe this was the turning point for our LBs. I sure hope so.

Muschamp didn't explain the obvious: The linebacker play was better because Garrett was over his injury and back on the field. Also, Tre Williams played a lot more snaps.

I agree, Garrett was pretty good. However, I do believe Frost was on the field more than Tre'. Frost may not be the best player on the field but he is not as bad as he is made out to be. He needed to be benched along with Cass, and Rudy and I think they all responded well. Still a long way to go though.

Archived