Cowarts playing time

aubfaninga

Cowart's tweet from a month or two ago indicated imo that he was in culture shock. He would've redshirted if we had the bodies.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowart is fine and will go on from Auburn to make millions in the NFL while most of you will still be trying pay the rent. Probably why you folks are message board posters instead of D1 coaches . WDE

It took till the Ole Miss game in 2013 before Lawson really hit his stride. Ole Miss that year was the first game of October that year.... Personally I don't want to see a true freshman starting on my team in the SEC unless he is one of those "special" talents that only comes around every so often. The difference between an 18 and 22 year old should be a pretty big one.

Cowart is fine and will go on from Auburn to make millions in the NFL while most of you will still be trying pay the rent. Probably why you folks are message board posters instead of D1 coaches . WDE

Post of the year.

Post of the year.

Really makes you think.

Post of the year.

Really makes you think.

I had no idea Cowarts dad was a member.

Post of the year.

Really makes you think.

I had no idea Cowarts dad was a member.

Hopefully his son can help me with my rent when he gets famous. These bills aren't going to pay themselves.

Well don't jinx your cousin

Maybe he can get a tackle here or there before he makes his millions.

Maybe he can get a tackle here or there before he makes his millions.

He's saving himself for the league.

Don't listen to guys like Jeff, Mr. Cowart. They're beneath us and not worth our time.

This is such a childish argument.

Let's let the young man make an impact in the sec before we deem him a first rounder ... Or a draft pick ... Or a even make a practice squad ...

Or first, how about he start on our currently last place team. No doubt the kid has potential, but will it be fulfilled? It is entirely up to his attitude and work ethic.

The fact that Muschamp is riding him so hard makes me believe he has the talent he needs to work on technique and the lot has to come on. Physically talented players in the SEC are playing against other physically talented players it is an adjustment. I am hoping it comes sooner the later for Cowart but I believe it will come.

Maybe he's just not on freak status as those guys like Myles Garrett and D Barnett. Its ok if he's a standard human that has to develop

No there aren't too many that can do what Garrett does, that's for sure

I had Garner's back all throughout last year. But the pass rush looks the exact same this season (minus the one half w/ Lawson). If Garner isn't killing it on the recruiting trail what exactly is he bringing to the table? Because he sure isn't getting it done with the DL on the field.

Actually the DT play has been solid this year and Monty has been really good. It is DE where after loosing Lawson Play has been less then stellar. I don't believe Garner is coaching the DE's this year so he can't be blamed for that. DT's have been getting penetration except against LSU have been solid against run. Not having containment from DE's and Linebackers not filling holes have been big issues in the front 7. DTs have forced QB to with containment the would have had sacks. As to recruiting I agree unless we get 2 or 3 of the big ones we are recruiting this year.

Actually the DT play has been solid this year and Monty has been really good. It is DE where after loosing Lawson Play has been less then stellar. I don't believe Garner is coaching the DE's this year so he can't be blamed for that. DT's have been getting penetration except against LSU have been solid against run. Not having containment from DE's and Linebackers not filling holes have been big issues in the front 7. DTs have forced QB to with containment the would have had sacks. As to recruiting I agree unless we get 2 or 3 of the big ones we are recruiting this year.

Ah gocha. Monty has looked good last year and this year but once he's doubled up it seems like nobody else can take advantage of their 1 on 1. Is Thompson coaching the DEs?

Ah gocha. Monty has looked good last year and this year but once he's doubled up it seems like nobody else can take advantage of their 1 on 1. Is Thompson coaching the DEs?

I believe he is.

I had seen he had been tweeting "DBU" and "Best CB in the nation" hype videos for Vernon Hargreaves in the summer before any of these rumblings started.

He might want to be at UF. I'm sure if we were winning and the vibe around the team was better he wouldn't be doing these things and/or feeling that way. But at this point he hasn't showed much on the field and I'm sure thats frustrating him also.

Thompson and Muschamp are both working with him. When the light comes on and he starts making plays I think things will change not just for him but for whole D-Line as he can be a missing piece at DE.

Archived