***Auburn vs. San Jose State - Post Game Thread***

alexava

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointed. We did not improve at all. We have zero passing game and the defense played horrible. I doubt we get a bowl. I still love malzahn and hope we somehow improve but today did not indicate we will.

Really thought the offensive line played better. Really conservative with the pass calls but our receivers didn't help out our rs freshman qb. some explosive plays by our running backs. Peyton, Roc in the backfield at the same time was awesome

Good effort on D to not give up and force some turnovers. I want to see Byron do that more often on the burst into the backfield. Win for us. War eagle.

I don't see 6 wins on our schedule the way we are playing right now! Watch every other SEC team, and they look light years ahead of us. We just look out of sorts, and slow! I love my Tigers, but this is just disappointing to watch.....

Glad our superior athletes were able to overcome their superior coaching. Also bench Duke. I don't care how good he is when he is trying.

Jason Smith needs to be starting at QB. All we need him to do is be an average thrower. This offense doesn't work unless the defense respects our QBs running the ball off the zone read. Period.

Well...I'm going to try and be as positive as possible. I have very little faith in gutless, nutless Gus at the point. Our line backers look as lost as ever. Sean White did great, but he was basically a game manager so...Arkansas will get at least one SEC win this year. Peyton Barber is basically the second coming of Tre Mason. Guy knew what he was talking about. All in all, our offensive line consistently takes a full half to get warmed up and our d-line looks like it would get pushed around by Girl Scouts. That and no one can shed blocks, though there did seem to be some improvement in that area. I feel like I'm used to us sucking at this point. Basically, I feel like a Vanderbilt fan. WDE

Perhaps were not going with pass plays until a new quarterback has time to grow? slow progress. Best game we've played this year. Long ways to go

War Eagle forever, but God help us down the SEC stretch this year. We are literally Peyton Barber away from being 0 for the season right now. Glad we got a win, but not too much to celebrate.

Another offense rolls for 400+ on us and another defense makes us look slightly below average. Bammer, OM, UGA, aTm to go. Yay. It is what it is.

Every game, even against inferior competition, we play down to their level and make it a nail biter. I think that Gus is vanilla in his offense this season and has become very predictable in his play calling. It doesn't look like our offense originated with a genius. He seems afraid to open it up. Not very many pass attempts today. Oh well, I know nothing about it anyway. JMO.

Jason Smith needs to be starting at QB. All we need him to do is be an average thrower. This offense doesn't work unless the defense respects our QBs running the ball off the zone read. Period.

I feel like SW could be a decent runner for us, but Gus is too afraid to let him do it, knowing that if he gets hurt, we'll have to go back to JJ!! Gus has lost his nerve, and if he's not careful, it could eventually lose him his job. I'm not saying to fire him, but with coaching salaries what they are, you only get one, maybe two, seasons like this one. Our offensive production is shite. I'm watching the Ole Miss v. UF game, and UF looks light years ahead of us on offense.

As for Jason Smith being QB, I'm not sure if that is the answer, but at least let him run a few wildcat series, and let him mix up the run and the pass to see how it goes! Letting KJ do the wildcat, we are just broadcasting to the defense that we are going to run it. I feel like our play book only has 1 page.....

I don't recall Chris Tods being a runner

I don't recall Chris Tods being a runner

Gus got the most he could out of Chris that year. Credit to him. But how many games did we win that year?? 8?? Is that the bar? This offense is most effective with a QB who can hurt you with his legs. PERIOD.

Come on now...I need to read more whining and end of world comments....why Gus should be fired..saying players suck, fans did not cheer enough, Lashlee should quit, Muschamp is overrated, etc...please don't disappoint me...

Archived