Ten Passes? This is not progress!

DivisionN

If Gus has no faith in White, put Johnson back in. Our passing game is a mess and it will not get better by NOT passing. I'm a Gus fan but was very disappointed that we did not do anything to try and pas the ball more.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gus has no faith in White, put Johnson back in. Our passing game is a mess and it will not get better by NOT passing. I'm a Gus fan but was very disappointed that we did not do anything to try and pas the ball more.

this was a chance to solidify the qb situation heading into what is now the most important part of the schedule, and we decided to run it up the middle instead. SEC play will be a massacre

Gus seems to be trying to toughen his OL up by having them run the ball a lot....this team needs a leader...one the entire team will respect like Cam, Tre, Nick, Dee, those type guys I don't dee on this team.

Agree. We can't hide Sean against teams like: Arky, Bama, Ole Miss, TX A&M and UGA. Jesus that schedule is brutal...sigh. Today was the time to air it out for White. I'm sorry but we're not going to be able to run the ball like we want against Bama, Ole Miss or UGA...those teams for sure.

I honestly think Sean has been doing well considering the circumstances. He has bad ball control, as can be seen by the numerous recovered fumbles this game. But the victory should go to Peyton Barber, who almost tied Carnell Williams' record (6 rushing touchdowns in a game) tonight. Why he wasn't starter in the first place... I have no clue.

Sean White can make passes. This one dimensional team can be blamed on poor coaching and play calling.

I think Sean has it in him but we have to at least let him show if he can or can't. I'd prefer if we tried to do that today instead of waiting against an SEC team. Like DN stated...if we're going to have that philosophy on offense we might as well go back to JJ b/c they did at least let him throw the ball.

Gus seems to be trying to toughen his OL up by having them run the ball a lot....this team needs a leader...one the entire team will respect like Cam, Tre, Nick, Dee, those type guys I don't dee on this team.

I think this is part of it as well. We've seen Gus do it before. Even im 13 he had a few games there where he was very basic on O and a lot of people were complaining about how vanilla we were.

Jesus. One would think we just lost by 40. I understand the call for concern but this board is acting like they bet the life of their first born on the season.

Jesus. One would think we just lost by 40. I understand the call for concern but this board is acting like they bet the life of their first born on the season.

It's not really about today. It's about what's ahead of us and today has painted that picture pretty clear. IMO we didn't have to beat them by 40 to say ok....we may can savage the season but i expected to see a more efficient offense where we let Sean get some good work in and we build off a pretty good defensive effort from last week. That's my cause for concern. Mobile QBs always give us issues but what i saw today and what is ahead there should be cause for concern..a lot of cause for concern. I don't see how anyone can ignore that.

Maybe I am alone in this thinking, but it does not appear our receivers are coming open. Maybe the coaches realize this fact? The next question would be why? Recardo and Duke appear lazy in their routes. Even on fly sweeps Recardo seems to have lost a step. Is it effort, routes, or what? Every game I watched today teams got receivers open. Why can't we?

No we did not los by 40 but we were one possession away from another overtime.

Today was ugly. Both sides of the ball.

This looks likes Auburn teams of past in the past year of the current coach.

I just don't get it.

I think we have more talent that what we are seeing...but then I watch at times and really wonder.

It's just angst in anticipation of the probable 40pt SEC losses looming in the future. Few were expecting the team to be this bad, or, if we were this bad the first couple of games, to still be this bad this far in.

Last week everyone said "sheesh Gus why didn't run the ball more?" Now it's "sheesh Gus why didn't you pass more?" I'm waiting for the game (might be next year) when AUs offense lights it up on the scoreboard and everyone says "sheesh Gus why didn't you punt more?"

Last week everyone said "sheesh Gus why didn't run the ball more?" Now it's "sheesh Gus why didn't you pass more?" I'm waiting for the game (might be next year) when AUs offense lights it up on the scoreboard and everyone says "sheesh Gus why didn't you punt more?"

Terrible example and you know it.

Edit: my bad, the sarcasm highlight didn't show up lol. But yes, you will be waiting a while for this offense to click

We only threw 10 passes in a tougher than it should have been game and that is supposedly what our QB's strength is. If anyone sees the logic in that then more power to ya.

We only threw 10 passes in a tougher than it should have been game and that is supposedly what our QB's strength is. If anyone sees the logic in that then more power to ya.

And just noting the excuse that we need to let him gain his confidence.....that's hard to buy. Every week we see some freshman come into rescue his team after the starter gets hurt or whatever. The Cincy QB last week, a freshman from the state of Alabama threw for about 500 yards and today the Missouri freshman QB started after the Mizzou QB was suspended and he completed 21 of 28 passes.

Coaches have different theories of course but I have to wonder if allowing SW to toss only 10 passes is doing anything to prepare him for the rest of the season. Just sayin" :dunno:

I think this is part of it as well. We've seen Gus do it before. Even im 13 he had a few games there where he was very basic on O and a lot of people were complaining about how vanilla we were.

I'm no coach but to me it has looked like our pass blocking needs more work than our run blocking.

Archived