Strength and Conditioning

oposssum

Is it just me, or do the Auburn players seem to be less muscular than the other teams in the SEC. Could this explain why getting pushed around, lack of route seperation, etc.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are not very physical. Can't wrap up a tackle. We are getting pushed around everywhere. By everyone. In 2013 AU trained hard all year and man it paid off. Rarely can our LBs tackle a back and bring him down solo . it starts in the weight room guys

Is it just me, or do the Auburn players seem to be less muscular than the other teams in the SEC. Could this explain why getting pushed around, lack of route seperation, etc.....

No, they aren't "less muscular". This exact thread is clockwork any time we suck. The team isn't good and suddenly all of our players are "small and weak" LMFAO. Its just your eyes playing tricks on you buddy.

I was watching on and off via iPad today. A few times 2nd quarter our d seemed to have hands on hips and appeared to be winded.

And it was after big plays or long runs.

Funny that. When they get pushed around like they're small and weak, they look small and weak.

amen, metafour....idiocy

Yup. Back in 2013 when we were pushing teams around for fun everyone was all over Ryan Russell and how amazing he was Now in 2015 we stink and supposedly our players have all magically shrunk in two years? It is pure stupidity to even suggest.

We're getting pushed around because the players can see that we aren't a very good team, and thus the effort level is all over the place. It has nothing to do with the weight room. This team has obviously fallen big time, and the resulyts on the field will always show that. Good teams 'look' big, strong and fast. Bad teams 'look' small, weak, and slow.

I think it's merely an optical illusion, wide screen TVs or massive jumbotrons have that effect sometimes!

amen, metafour....idiocy

Yup. Back in 2013 when we were pushing teams around for fun everyone was all over Ryan Russell and how amazing he was Now in 2015 we stink and supposedly our players have all magically shrunk in two years? It is pure stupidity to even suggest.

We're getting pushed around because the players can see that we aren't a very good team, and thus the effort level is all over the place. It has nothing to do with the weight room. This team has obviously fallen big time, and the resulyts on the field will always show that. Good teams 'look' big, strong and fast. Bad teams 'look' small, weak, and slow.

Meta it has everything to do with the weight room and off season training. Why are players dropping like fly's? Why is ROC injured every game? Why is an FCS oline pushing us to the back 40? Why can't Lambert shed a blocker? Come on guys. I give the freshman a pass.

Thing that amazes me is...posters seem to think all the problems are that transparent and coaches some who have been doing this all their life for some reason can not see what is wrong. I known it's a message board but some of the suggestions, comments, etc lack logic - like this thread. Recently Russell was a S&C genius, now the players are puny and weak. Just like Gus can't coach all of a sudden after winning a SEC title and BCS title game....

No, they aren't "less muscular". This exact thread is clockwork any time we suck. The team isn't good and suddenly all of our players are "small and weak" LMFAO. Its just your eyes playing tricks on you buddy.

I hope you are right, but I can't help but feel it's a problem when both lines get manhandled repeatedly.

Meta it has everything to do with the weight room and off season training. Why are players dropping like fly's? Why is ROC injured every game? Why is an FCS oline pushing us to the back 40? Why can't Lambert shed a blocker? Come on guys. I give the freshman a pass.

You are beyond wrong. Again, please explain to me what happened in the "weight room" from 2013 to 2015? What? We stopped lifting weights? Ryan Russell hit his head and completely forgot how to do his job?

Football is a game of EFFORT. When kids know that they stink, they're going to get pushed around regardless of how big or strong they are. Can you list me a single bad team that pushes people around on the field or looks "big and strong"? Of course not. If they did those things, they wouldn't be a bad team.

Same s*** happened with Yoxall, Oh, we're a good team? Wow our strength and conditioning is awesome! Yoxall #1! Then Tubbs loses control of the team, we start sucking, and suddenly Yoxall is supposedly the worst strength coach in the nation LMFAO. It doesn't work like that.

Look at how many Freshmen are playing...they have been in the S&C for what 3 months? The others aren't as good as others in the SEC. We also have injuries which also hurts and some will say those are are based on S&C but I challenge you to say that Carl Lawson isn't or wasn't well conditioned. We are missing big time play makers. Now some of these Freshmen will improve by the end of the year and look really good next year. Our line isn't gelled and we are starting two critical guys who haven't played their position before until this year...Center and QB...so take it for what it is worth...we are a young team and have to grow up...

You are beyond wrong. Again, please explain to me what happened in the "weight room" from 2013 to 2015? What? We stopped lifting weights? Ryan Russell hit his head and completely forgot how to do his job?

Football is a game of EFFORT. When kids know that they stink, they're going to get pushed around regardless of how big or strong they are. Can you list me a single bad team that pushes people around on the field or looks "big and strong"? Of course not. If they did those things, they wouldn't be a bad team.

Same s*** happened with Yoxall, Oh, we're a good team? Wow our strength and conditioning is awesome! Yoxall #1! Then Tubbs loses control of the team, we start sucking, and suddenly Yoxall is supposedly the worst strength coach in the nation LMFAO. It doesn't work like that.

Hard to argue with that.

Look at how many Freshmen are playing...they have been in the S&C for what 3 months? The others aren't as good as others in the SEC. We also have injuries which also hurts and some will say those are are based on S&C but I challenge you to say that Carl Lawson isn't or wasn't well conditioned. We are missing big time play makers. Now some of these Freshmen will improve by the end of the year and look really good next year. Our line isn't gelled and we are starting two critical guys who haven't played their position before until this year...Center and QB...so take it for what it is worth...we are a young team and have to grow up...

Amen....and growing up just looks ugly at times....I was proud to see Davis get that pick as a freshman, kid has been playing his hard out...

IMO...the players need only look in the mirror. Giving less than 100% effort seems to be common. Don't understand why but it's plain to see it on the field. Takes all eleven players giving it all on both sides of the ball to succeed in the SEC. Not happening right now no mattter how weak or strong they are.

Archived