OL coach

doc4aday

I know coach Grimes is a solid OL coach. I just wonder with him battling cancer has taken away some of his ability to coach the OL to the level we need for it to be in order to successfully compete and win the battle in the trenches. I would love to hear what each of you on this site think about this situation. I am not saying we need a new OL coach in that Coach Grimes is a good sound OL coach. I just think this is something that might be a problem to some degree.

I am not sure if there are any grad assistants that are working with Coach Grimes. I wish the man the absolute best with his battle in that he seems to be tough enough to endure as much as possible. I have seen many cancer patients that have to take some time off to heal. However, I have seen cancer patients with stage 2-4 cancer that beat this by totally committing themselves in whatever positive thing in their life such as family, church, jobs, etc. I am sure that Gus is monitoring this closely, and would give Coach Grimes whatever time off he needs to beat this if it comes to that point.

People really gotta get off the "stars" thing.

usually stars are a pretty good indication. Not all the time, but a lot of five stars do very well in college football, not a lot of two stars do. There are a lot of exceptions to this, and that's what makes college football great; but just look at the teams that usually do well in the recruiting rankings. Those teams usually do well in the win column.

usually stars are a pretty good indication. Not all the time, but a lot of five stars do very well in college football, not a lot of two stars do. There are a lot of exceptions to this, and that's what makes college football great; but just look at the teams that usually do well in the recruiting rankings. Those teams usually do well in the win column.

Exactly. Just because our four and five stars are not gelling, that doesn't mean that their stars are irrelevant. But people want to stick with the old, rehashed, immature arguments.

I've been wondering the same thing about coach Grimes. Cancer hit my family and we lost my oldest sister back on Dec. 2010. She was only 61. Now that coach Grimes dealing with cancer, I too am wondering could his mind be on his health as it should be. I would never blame him if that is the case.

It does seem the talent is there and it is hard for me to believe that Grimes is not coaching with intensity and passion. He certainly seemed passionate against UL the first game!

I have seen/heard that some of the guys are not playing in their "natural" positions. Now I know, you have to be able to adapt to different positions and this sort of thing happens often. But I wonder if part of it is A) Guys not playing where they are accustomed to playing and B ) Some guys not seeming to develop at their position and continuing to make some of the same mental and physical mistakes.

Yes, I know the last point could be placed at the feet of coaching, I just don't know which is which. I would have thought, regardless of all the above, that the OL would have jelled by now . . . it seems our line play is always said to be a "work in progress", but sometimes it seems it is more of a "work in digress". I am hopeful this changes. Maybe yesterday, though not spectacular by any means, will give them a bit of a boost to get that cohesiveness and edge they need to play big, physical SEC football.

We shall see.

I was just wondering about this the other night. I know he had surgery but is Coach Grimes having any treatments? My sister is coming out on the other side of her battle with breast cancer. Fortunately, she only needed radiation after surgery but that stuff still kicks you in the a$$. Her last treatment was in July and she is just now starting to feel like herself again...

Grimes is probably my favorite coach on the staff! I think the OL needs a little more time to gel and also some of the guys are playing positions that may not be all that natural to them.

Who hijacked your account?

Grimes is probably my favorite coach on the staff! I think the OL needs a little more time to gel and also some of the guys are playing positions that may not be all that natural to them.

yaboymaxboozy

yaboymaxboozy

:roflol:

If so, I suggest more booze.

There. I made a post even golf can agree with. I think.

Ok, first I believe Stat addressed this a bit before the season started. He made light that not a single person on our current Oline had played a game snap with the guy playing next to him prior to this season. So there was zero continuity anywhere on the Oline because of Kozan going down and not playing next to Shon last season. That was the only potential tandem to have experience with one another but injuries what they were prevented it.

Secondly, in 2010 and 2013 when our teams made runs due to phenomenal Oline play they had an incredible number of starts. If I remember correctly in 2010, only one person had less than 30 previous starts prior to that season and we returned all 5 players from the previous year. A similar situation arose in 2013 returning 4 of 5 starters from 2012 most with about 20 starts under there belt. That combined with the infusion of energy from Gus returning and we destroyed everyone. This team shows moments but they are fleeting because of the lack of experience. If everyone returns next year except Avery I think we are looking at a much improved team. Also, look for dramatic improvement running the ball late this season. Maybe not quite 2013 numbers the last 3 or 4 games but def. improvement.

yaboymaxboozy

:roflol:/>

If so, I suggest more booze.

There. I made a post even golf can agree with. I think.

A picture of Weezy....

senior-rapper-smoking-cigar-making-hand-sign-toothless-hardcore-his-isolated-white-background-55289411.jpg

Exactly. Just because our four and five stars are not gelling, that doesn't mean that their stars are irrelevant. But people want to stick with the old, rehashed, immature arguments.

Wanna try and explain to me how my argument is immature?

Cancer is nothing to joke about.

lul, however 99.5 % of your posts are. If we could have that cure rate for cancer i would welcome every single one of your idiotic posts.

It's funny how the most cynical people will straighten out for somebody they like

Archived