The Perfect Storm just hit us!

TigerfanKM

IMO, this season has been a "perfect storm" of things that came together to doom our season.

1) The "GUY" you count on to be your leader at QB fails miserably. HIs backup shows promise but is a redshirt freshman.

2) Numerous injuries to players at almost every position, which leads to true freshman playing a LOT.

3) The biggest injury to CL on D, which makes our D a below average D. (I ain't saying it should, but...)

4) Such a young team lacking chemistry and experience

Put all this together and that's a lot for 18 - 20 year olds to handle.

Last but not least, our CURSE. When we are picked to do well (win the SEC, heisman contender, contend for a NC) we almost always fall falt on our face.

War Eagle!!

This team should be very good in 2016, unless the Good Lord comes back first!

I don't get how the media is so consistently wrong about picking whether AU will have a good season or not. That however has no relation to why this team isn't good. There were plenty of warning signs prior to the season that things were not not lining up right for AU this season. The level of experience at key positions, the weird ass Duke stories, an entirely new D-coordinator and system..

The media is always bad at prognosticating this stuff.

Let's look at some history:

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2013 SEC Champs & NC Game

2014 8-5

2015 ?

If history keeps repeating, we should only win 1 more game this year. But next year.....

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! :laugh:

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

If history keeps repeating, we should only win 1 more game this year. But next year.....

That pattern is still better than UGA's 10-2, 10-2, 10-2 IMO.

Not sure they went exactly 10-2 the past 3 years but they seem to always hover around that and get no type of championship for racking up all those wins.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

Not sure they went exactly 10-2 the past 3 years but they seem to always hover around that and get no type of championship for racking up all those wins.

UGA

2010: 6-7

2011: 10-4

2012: 12-2

2013: 8-5

2014: 10-3

I liked our Championship runs but, other than in 2010 starting a RS freshman QB, UGA hasn't won less than 8 games since 1996. I would love that kind of consistency

I love the Championship runs myself. If you don't win championships you are just another team in the midst of a lot of programs. I would love more consistency, but if you told me we could play for a National Title every three years I'd take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm not ready to give up on this season yet....regardless of the issues we have had.

I agree EMT.... I'm expecting the lightbulb to come on at some point this season (hopefully during this off week) and the offense to start clicking. Gus' offense is assignment football...guys have got to do what they are supposed to do and the big (or at least consistent) plays will come.

Add in also the fact that defenses are now very wise to the Gus offense. SJST were not fooled by the motions or play-action. I'm confident Gus can put together a new plan, but it is hard to watch what worked so well fall so far down...

I don't get how the media is so consistently wrong about picking whether AU will have a good season or not. That however has no relation to why this team isn't good. There were plenty of warning signs prior to the season that things were not not lining up right for AU this season. The level of experience at key positions, the weird ass Duke stories, an entirely new D-coordinator and system..

I don't think the media is bad, Auburn shows something exciting and actually looks like a national contender and they themselves flop. Media just refracts whatever they see, just like this forum preseason.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

UGA

I liked our Championship runs but, other than in 2010 starting a RS freshman QB, UGA hasn't won less than 8 games since 1996. I would love that kind of consistency

I'd take our last 5 years over UGA's no question. I think everyone would. It would be nice to be more consistent, but you have to take the highs. Why play if you don't go for the titles.

I don't think the media is bad, Auburn shows something exciting and actually looks like a national contender and they themselves flop. Media just refracts whatever they see, just like this forum preseason.

Look at the past however many years at SEC media day. They have been wrong wayyyy more than they have been right about predicting SEC champ.

With consistency comes the fact that you are able to compete every weekend. Dont know about everyone else, but getting embarresed three to four times a year is a little unsettling.

I love Auburn. Have since I can remember. I remember my cousin and I getting into a knock down drag out fight when Auburn and bammer played years ago, whom were we fighting over to be that day? Bo Jackson. How old were we? 7 and 6. I also remember getting our rear ends whipped by our mawmaw. We broke some figurines that she loved dearly. RIP Mawmaw whom was an Auburn fan :) Any way if it needs to be here or somewhere else I really don't care, point is, I love those Auburn Tigers. Oh, my cousin on the other hand, that day he went to the other side where he has been ever since. And he can stay there. War Eagle!

Sorry, I don't buy into the "perfect storm" scenario. Teams lose players to injury every year and have to adjust. Teams play young guys more and more with some degree of success.

Look at what Ohio State dealt with last year. They didn't walk around feeling bad for themselves. They manned up and kept trucking.

Our program is showing some very concerning trends going back to last year. Don't be fooled into thinking this all started with the Louisville game.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

UGA

Also, something else to consider, Louisville had former AU coach/grad assistant on their staff in Karibi Dede. Jacksonville State's co-defensive coordinator, Brandon Hall, worked with Gus at Arkansas State and Auburn.

Not necessarily excusing poor play against these teams, but them having someone with intimate knowledge of our system, having seen it and defended it for some time, probably helped.

LSU just whipped us. We were in the MSU game with a new QB. Hopefully we use the bye week to focus on improving ourselves and formulating a plan to mix things up a little moving forward.

But the media is a bunch of fools when they don't look deeper into a teams makeup. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see all the new faces on D and position changes across the O line.

There were those in the media that spoke of those warning signs preseason. Most here rejected their opinion. But i cannot recall anyone predicting JJ's demise. Pretty sure that was not on any warning sign list.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! :laugh:/>

Wonder who the new coach will be?

Archived