Will we see JJ at QB vs. UK?

AURealist

I've heard no rumors to support the idea. I'm not talking rumors. I'm asking for opinions.

Gus' praise seems a bit tepid when he speaks of SW at QB. And while he says SW will be the starter before games, but does anyone on staff actually speak of him as "the starter"? The offense isn't being altered for a passing QB. Ten pass plays?! SW is being asked to run like a DTQB. I'm actually concerned that he's is going to get hurt running the ball. Is he just a stand-in until JJ's head clears?

By game day it will have been a month since the switch. It's not unreasonable to think that Gus and Rhett probably still believe in their original assessment of JJ's ability to run this offense. And they, like so many folks here, might be getting desperate, so...

Will we see JJ play QB against Kentucky? Should JJ play QB against Kentucky?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have no ideal which QB but we will find out what kind of coach Gus when we play UK. This is a huge game for Gus it can go south on us in a big way and in a hurry. The other SEC teams/coaches are having a feeding frenzy on us right now.

On a good note we aren't Texas thank goodness.

My serious answer is that it depends on how SW is playing and how the game is going. I suspect if both are going well, we don't see JJ. If not, then I expect to see him. But I expect SW to start the game.

Only the coaches can answer that question. I think he will get his head clear and will get another chance at some point in the season but I doubt the KY game since it will likely be a 4 quarter competitive game and we can't afford turnovers if we want to have a chance to win it. Arky will likely be the same deal. But let's face it, with the way this team is playing we are likely to get blown out in some of the other 4 conference games, if not all of them, and it would probably be better to let him try it again when the game has already been decided and there is no pressure on him to try to go in and win it. Just my opinion and trying to be realistic.

This situation is perplexing to me. Why not go ahead and name Sean the starter? Why is it still week to week when he hasn't really done anything to actually lose the job. Hasn't technically won it either but he's done a decent job of what has been asked of him...even though it's not been much asked of him.

This situation is perplexing to me. Why not go ahead and name Sean the starter? Why is it still week to week when he hasn't really done anything to actually lose the job. Hasn't technically won it either but he's done a decent job of what has been asked of him...even though it's not been much asked of him.

We have to have more explosive plays, period. We need to take the shackles off whoever is playing QB.

I would venture to guess probably, for better or worse. JJ is Rhett's/Gus's guy. Might as well add a QB controversy to this dumpster fire of a season as well. I'd rather get a larger sample size with Sean to either a) see if he's capable of leading this team to a championship potential in the future or B. definitely not the guy and we should jump on that JuCo waiver wire

I trust whatever the coaches decide to do. If I had the mental capacity to make decisions like this, I'd be a coach at a major D1 school.

Why not move Jeremy to either WR or TE. If he's a true team player, JJ would do whatever he could to help his team win every week.

Yes, for one or two wildcat formations. He'll take the snap and run up the middle. No creativity here. He's going to be used the same way Kiehl Frasier was used in his short, but ineffective tenure at Auburn.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if JJ started. I think GM and RL still believe in him and want him to be da man.

I could be wrong but I think they are itching to get him back out there.

Why not move Jeremy to either WR or TE. If he's a true team player, JJ would do whatever he could to help his team win every week.

This

This

Relying on a4e's mental capacity to supplement your own, eh? Not a bad choice. Probably doubled yours.

:poke:

This

doubled

At least.

This

doubled

At least.

I was gonna say, that wasn't meant as an insult to a4e. Probably tripled yours (at least).

:P

This

doubled

At least.

Feel bad for you...best of luck.................j/k chimes

We have to have more explosive plays, period. We need to take the shackles off whoever is playing QB.

Agree 100% that's why i can't understand how SW can be potentially replaced when he hasn't been given that chance.

Agree 100% that's why i can't understand how SW can be potentially replaced when he hasn't been given that chance.

I agree. I think he should start, for sure, and be able to do way more than he's been 'asked' to do so far. If he's freed up and doesn't do well, I'd be fine with bringing JJ in (as long as he's freed up, too).

Yes, for one or two wildcat formations. He'll take the snap and run up the middle. No creativity here. He's going to be used the same way Kiehl Frasier was used in his short, but ineffective tenure at Auburn.

bama lost to ole miss.

bama lost to ole miss.

Tennessee lost to Arkansas?

Archived