The Martian(movie/book)

Go read it quickly(300pages) and see the movie. Saw it in 3D today. Ridley Scott did a great job. Really adequate film adaptation of a book, best I've seen of recent.

Better than the Gone Girl adaptation. That movie still pisses me off.

Go read it quickly(300pages) and see the movie. Saw it in 3D today. Ridley Scott did a great job. Really adequate film adaptation of a book, best I've seen of recent.

I've actually been really curious about it. The trailer looks excellent. Haven't read the book, but I'll Kindle it now with your recommendation.

Better than the Gone Girl adaptation. That movie still pisses me off.

Oh good God this.

I remember sitting there watching it with my wife, turning to her about 10 minutes in and saying, "I can not stand this ******* movie. These ******* people about as relatable wet cardboard. **** this ******* movie."

Nailed the Gone Girl commentary.

As for the Martian, it can get a bit scientific and makes living on Mars sound actually feasible. However, I'm no scientist, and I could be way off base.

People seem to be supporting it more than Gravity which was wrought with scientific inaccuracies.

Nailed the Gone Girl commentary.

As for the Martian, it can get a bit scientific and makes living on Mars sound actually feasible. However, I'm no scientist, and I could be way off base.

People seem to be supporting it more than Gravity which was wrought with scientific inaccuracies.

The movie is very watchable and darn close to " real " w/ the science, with some glaring exceptions. Far easier to follow than Interstellar, to be sure.

But can we get over having to save Matt Ryan ? Enough already!

I really liked the idea behind Interstellar, even if it may not follow science as closely as the Martian. The twist at the end can really make your brain hurt if you think hard enough about it. But the concept of space in general can give you a headache too if you do the same.

Project Elrond was pretty damn funny, especially considering Sean Bean - Boromir - was sitting right there and liked the idea

"What the **** is 'Project Elrond'?" Annie asked.

"I had to make something up," Venkat said.

"So you came up with 'Elrond'?" Annie pressed.

"Because it's a secret meeting?" Mitch guessed. "The email said I couldn't even tell my assistant."

"I'll explain everything once Teddy arrives." Venkat said.

"Why does 'Elrond' mean 'secret meeting'?" Annie asked.

"Are we going to make a momentous decision?" Bruce Ng asked.

"Exactly," Venkat said.

"How did you know that?" Annie asked, getting annoyed.

"Elrond," Bruce said. "The Council of Elrond. From Lord of the Rings. It's the meeting where they decide to destroy the One Ring."

"Jesus," Annie said. "None of you got laid in high school, did you?"

Archived