Gus presser off week

FoundationEagle

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn all positions open to competition this week
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn went 'old school' in practice, one-on-one drills, focused on getting better
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn wants to get guys that have been banged up this season healthy during bye week

@wareagleextra

Gus: "Had a very spirited practice today. Focused on us getting better."
Gus on Duke: " I'm disappointed it didn't work out. Our team will be fine and move on."
Malzahn won't get into details regarding Duke's dismissal. Won't comment on if any other players were involved
Malzahn: "Any time you have to make a tough call and dismiss a player, it's not easy"
Malzahn: "I've seen (Duke) grow as a person while he was here, and I think this place was good for him."
Malzahn on TE Jalen Harris: "He wasn't out there with us today but I feel like he'll be back before the week's out."
Malzahn said he feels good about "the process that led us to this point" with Duke. Hopes things would have ended different
Duke Williams is not staying in school at Auburn, according to Malzahn
Malzahn said Duke's reaction to his dismissal was "not much"
Malzahn said you can see Ricardo Louis' "urgency stepping up" at wide receiver. Feels good about team's receiving corps moving forward
Malzahn on Jeremy Johnson: "He looks more comfortable and had a good two weeks of practice" since being benched. Hopes it's a good sign
Malzahn says there's a fine line this week between getting guys better and getting guys healthy for rest of season
Malzahn says LB Tre' Williams was out there at practice today and "did some things"
Malzahn hopes cornerback TJ Davis (ACL) is ready to go next Thursday against Kentucky

@AUBlog

Best Presser all year.....with regards to actual information. Minimal coach speak. Sad news on duke, but sounds like he still has the team.

Seems like duke was the "cancer" that was rumored. Their almost seemed like a sense of relief in his demeanor.

Enjoyed that. He seemed really genuine and sincere as opposed to guarded and uptight.

Agree

Best Presser all year.....with regards to actual information. Minimal coach speak. Sad news on duke, but sounds like he still has the team.

Seems like duke was the "cancer" that was rumored. Their almost seemed like a sense of relief in his demeanor.

Maybe now that GUS is "hitting his stride" with his pressers we can look for the offense to find it's identity.

Not calling a 180 on the year just yet but if our offense can show some life and excitement it may give the defense a spark to play faster and harder. We will find out soon enough.

Nice to know that TJ Davis will be back for the next game. Probably not a game-changer but he'll help with depth moving forward.

Archived