Is Syria Ukraine All over Again?

Proud Tiger

Obama doesn't seem to have a clue let alone a strategy in dealing with all the ME problems.

http://www.foxnews.c...s/?intcmp=hpbt1

Hell he doesn't !

" Not my problem ! " is his motto.

I've started living like that myself. Screw everyone else, I'm out for me.

Why do some of you sound like you want us more involved in Syria? Have we not learned from Iraq and Afghanistan? Fighting Assad means helping Al Qaeda. While I would like to help the humanitarian crisis that has now ensued, I think we need to stay off the ground, and frankly I think we are already doing too much in Syria. This won't end well no matter which way it goes, and I would prefer to stay out of it.

Why do some of you sound like you want us more involved in Syria? Have we not learned from Iraq and Afghanistan? Fighting Assad means helping Al Qaeda. While I would like to help the humanitarian crisis that has now ensued, I think we need to stay off the ground, and frankly I think we are already doing too much in Syria. This won't end well no matter which way it goes, and I would prefer to stay out of it.

The problem is Obama has not had any meaningful strategy in the ME. It seems to change by the day. Do something.......pull out as you suggest or stay and do something. Afghanistan is a classic example. Obama was going to pull all troops out. Now he is being told that would be a huge mistake. Iraq is now inviting the Russians to come in and help them fight ISIS. Obama's tenure has been a tortuous pathe of changing policies and direction. Can you even summarize what his ME strategy is?

It just seems to me that we are doing the same thing Truman and Eisenhower did after Germany was defeated......not standing up to the Russians. And we all know how that worked out.

The problem is Obama has not had any meaningful strategy in the ME. It seems to change by the day. Do something.......pull out as you suggest or stay and do something. Afghanistan is a classic example. Obama was going to pull all troops out. Now he is being told that would be a huge mistake. Iraq is now inviting the Russians to come in and help them fight ISIS. Obama's tenure has been a tortuous pathe of changing policies and direction. Can you even summarize what his ME strategy is?

It just seems to me that we are doing the same thing Truman and Eisenhower did after Germany was defeated......not standing up to the Russians. And we all know how that worked out.

Your points on strategy may be right, I just don't know.

However, sitting back could be a strategy. I guess what I am saying is, you make the comparison about WWII and you imply you want us to get involved? How does that make things better? I'm ok if we are not the first ones in for once. If Russia wants to get involved, have at it.

The difference between Syria and Ukraine?

Russia claims Ukraine by force every 100 years or so and then lets it go free for few years, then takes it back for another hundred years.

No such history with Syria, yet.

I am still trying to understand the rationale of comparing Ukraine to Syria. :dunno:/>

I would love for Russia to claim Syria. We could just sit back and watch.

Yes, please.

Yep! Wash our hands of it and let the middle east hate Russia for awhile. I say go get em Putin.

However, sitting back could be a strategy. I guess what I am saying is, you make the comparison about WWII and you imply you want us to get involved? How does that make things better? I'm ok if we are not the first ones in for once. If Russia wants to get involved, have at it.

There is an old saying that history repeats it's self. You need to read the history of what happened because we let the Russians go into Berlin first. One key result is called....The Cold War.

Maybe it's my old military background but IMHO sitting back is NEVER a good strategy.

Obama has a foreign policy. It's to destroy the reputation of the United States. Drawing red lines and then not following up is a prime example. If you're not going to do anything then don't say you are.

Obama has a foreign policy. It's to destroy the reputation of the United States. Drawing red lines and then not following up is a prime example. If you're not going to do anything then don't say you are.

I agree. That was a rookie mistake.

Guest NC1406

There is an old saying that history repeats it's self. You need to read the history of what happened because we let the Russians go into Berlin first. One key result is called....The Cold War.

Maybe it's my old military background but IMHO sitting back is NEVER a good strategy.

I fully support our military but IMO it is time for us to refrain from using them as nation builders. This process has not worked with either party leading the charge. If we must fight, send in our best and let them do their job with full support. We should be prepared for some bad press in the short term but if our troops are really needed then history will sort out if we were on the wrong side.

I fully support our military but IMO it is time for us to refrain from using them as nation builders. This process has not worked with either party leading the charge. If we must fight, send in our best and let them do their job with full support. We should be prepared for some bad press in the short term but if our troops are really needed then history will sort out if we were on the wrong side.

y

Yep even this Dem. Senator says we have no strategy for Syria.

http://www.lifezette.com/referral/senator-us-doesnt-have-policy-for-syria/

Why not? Why should we get involved? What's at risk at this point other than more American lives and another instable place in a region we can't possibly fix. Not sure I see an upside to jumping in.

More like J.V. :)

<_< It's clear you are a "morning" person. (I'm not) ;D

<_< It's clear you are a "morning" person. (I'm not) ;D

the-joker-jack-nicholson.jpg

Gee, who would have imagined this could've happened?

http://www.nytimes.c...s-say.html?_r=0

Maybe the same people who could imagine this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/world/asia/obama-apologizes-for-bombing-of-afghanistan-hospital.html

Archived