Marines Say Women Can't Hack It in Special Forces

Proud Tiger

The women in Israel part threw me off and then I saw the reason why.

Mostly, this article corroborates the thoughts that I have about this subject though.

Guest NC1406

MARSOC requirements are pretty demanding. If you have it, you have it......gender shouldn't matter. Reality says that over 99% of us don't have it no matter our gender. The physical requirements will make it extra tough on females.

edit**I read the article but after listening to the video, this is more about combat troops than Marine Special Forces. Infantry and Artillery were specifically mentioned in the video and while those are tough jobs they are not Marine special forces.

Mostly, this article corroborates the thoughts that I have about this subject though.

yeah jeff I agree but there was quite a discussion on this subject here awhile back.

yeah jeff I agree but there was quite a discussion on this subject here awhile back.

Yes. I remember. And my thoughts have not changed since then.

MARSOC requirements are pretty demanding. If you have it, you have it......gender shouldn't matter. Reality says that over 99% of us don't have it no matter our gender. The physical requirements will make it extra tough on females.

edit**I read the article but after listening to the video, this is more about combat troops than Marine Special Forces. Infantry and Artillery were specifically mentioned in the video and while those are tough jobs they are not Marine special forces.

Same with Army SF..

Never heard of MARSOC. Is that the new name for Marine Recon units?

Same with Army SF..

Are you referring to "Rangers" or something else like the Green Berets?

Same with Army SF..

The green berets are the Army Special Forces. Rangers is Spec ops within the army department as well but they are stragecially different than SF.

Same with Army SF..

The green berets are the Army Special Forces. Rangers is Spec ops within the army department as well but they are stragecially different than SF.

OK, that's what I thought.

Archived