10 07 15 Notes

RunInRed

Will Muschamp

Muschamp said team is focusing on playing blocks up front with the front seven. Said he's disappointed with how team has done with that

Muschamp on offseason concerns about secondary while fron 7 is struggling: "Hell, ain't nobody got to throw it (against us)."

Muschamp said Cassanova McKinzy did "OK" at the Buck last week

Tim Irvin had a bone bruise in his foot from the Miss St game, per Muschamp.

Muschamp says Tre' Williams and Tim Irvin should be back for the Kentucky game

Muschamp on Cowart: "He's doing very well. ... I'm pleased with where he is and what he's been doing. ... I've been pleased."

Muschamp said "sometimes" it can be hard for a freshman to understand that he can be playing well without racking up stats

Muschamp with the line of the night, referring to our "instant-coffee society. ... Just add water and..."

Muschamp: "The work we've had the last two days has been outstanding."

Muschamp on defense giving up 400+ yards: "It's certainly not something I'm used to and not something we should become accustomed to."

Muschamp says they'll look at Cass playing the Buck again against Kentucky. "We'll continue to find out the best 11 for us."

@AUBlog

Muschamp on Byron Cowart: "He is playing DL in Southeastern Conference." Says frustration is no different than other freshmen he's coached.

@matthewcstevens

Auburn DC Will Muschamp turnovers one of few positives from San Jose State game

Auburn DC Will Muschamp Carlton Davis "absolutely" playing well enough to continue starting for defense

Auburn DC Will Muschamp "so many things we need to improve on"

Auburn DC Will Muschamp fundamentals not where they need to be at this point in season, "not playing good in front seven"

Auburn DC Will Muschamp first thing that jumps out at you about Kentucky is team's skill outside

@WarEagleExtra

Auburn's Will Muschamp says his defense is "absolutely" engaged, and has had two good days of practice this week

Will Muschamp says he'll give Andrew Williams and Jauntavius Johnson a chance in Auburn's defense

@AUGoldMine

Muschamp says it's "shocking" that Auburn's rushing defense against MSU was the first time since 08 to hold SEC opp. under 60 yards.

Muschamp says Rudy Ford was better last week. "he's certainly a guy willing to work and do the things to be successful"

@ITATJason

Muschamp on getting TJ Davis back for the secondary: "He's a smart guy that's played. ... That's important."

@RyanABlack

Will Muschamp’s comments have been refreshing so far tonight. Lots of work needs to be done.

@Allie_Davison

Thanks RIR. Big fan of Coach Muschamp. I hope we can get him to stick around for a few years because I think he can definitely make a change to the culture and get our defense back to an elite level.

Auburn DC Will Muschamp fundamentals not where they need to be at this point in season, "not playing good in front seven"

Coach Garner please report to coach Boom's office.

You realize Garner only coaches 3 of the front 7 right? Lance coaches another 3 and Will himself coaches 1...

Well, how different. Coaches saying that the team is practicing really good.

But they've been saying that for two months. So far, it hasn't translated into game performance.

All this tells me is that -- Auburn has a great practice squad.

Sorry, but until players begin actually executing in games, coach speak no longer carries much weight for me.

You realize Garner only coaches 3 of the front 7 right? Lance coaches another 3 and Will himself coaches 1...

T

hat doesn't fit the Garner is terrible narrative. Great stuff RIR!

Hoping against hope that the problem on defense has been the cancer..... and the attitudes will make the difference.

War Eagle!!!

Hoping against hope that the problem on defense has been the cancer..... and the attitudes will make the difference.

War Eagle!!!

?

War Eagle!!!

A4e?

War Eagle!!!

lost you sure you mean it that way. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks RIR. Big fan of Coach Muschamp. I hope we can get him to stick around for a few years because I think he can definitely make a change to the culture and get our defense back to an elite level.

I'm told and this could change, that CWM plans on being at AU for a while and is going to fix this D.

I'm told and this could change, that CWM plans on being at AU for a while and is going to fix this D.

I certainly hope this is true. It would be a great testimony to his abilities to do it.

I guess I haven't paid attention but has Stephen Roberts gotten a lot of playing time? I expected him to be a starter this year.

I rarely, if ever see him on the field. Really doesn't seem like his play is consistent enough to get in the game.

Roberts got some PT last year, right? Maybe he fits better in the 4-2-5 than what CWM is trying to do...that would be my only guess.

improving the defense is great but our offense is what won a nc and almost another. we have to get our offense back and it will help the defense alot. if you cant score alot of points you cant win in todays college football

Roberts got some PT last year, right? Maybe he fits better in the 4-2-5 than what CWM is trying to do...that would be my only guess.

Sometimes we get so involved in which defense a player is better in we don't realize that it isn't the defense it is the player performance. No matter what defense you play certain things are the same. DB's have to be able to cover in man to man, DB's need to learn where to be in a zone and DB's need to come up and make a tackle on a run. There is no doubt that some players are better at some of these aspects then others but a solid DB should be able to do all three well in any defense.

improving the defense is great but our offense is what won a nc and almost another. we have to get our offense back and it will help the defense alot. if you cant score alot of points you cant win in todays college football

Either can help the other. Offense would be the easiest fix because i think one player(qb) can make the difference. I am hoping that happens. Defense is so bad i don't know what it will take. the one player on D is probably not coming back.

Sometimes we get so involved in which defense a player is better in we don't realize that it isn't the defense it is the player performance. No matter what defense you play certain things are the same. DB's have to be able to cover in man to man, DB's need to learn where to be in a zone and DB's need to come up and make a tackle on a run. There is no doubt that some players are better at some of these aspects then others but a solid DB should be able to do all three well in any defense.

Good point.

Improving the defense is going to take a while. What did CWM say in the presser? Usually by now they're working with schematics? But that this group is still working on fundamentals? That he's never had to do this this far into the season? So we aren't even to the point of knowing who can do what becasue the guys aren't yet clear on what to do.

I hope the offense comes around soon...

Archived