#8 Women's Soccer at #10 USCe

jared52

Poor start so far for AU. Two easy goals on bad plays by both AU center backs. Road games are tough and falling behind 2-0 15 min in makes for very long rides home. Hope AU wakes up soon.

AU having all kinds of trouble with the big girl from USCe. She looks faster than she should be based on her size and she has no issue fending of the smaller defensive backs for AU.

USCe also playing way up high and AU isn't able to get anything going over the top or through midfield.

Unbelievable. AU gets one through and the forward gets a foot on it past the keeper but it catches enough of the post to graze all the way across the face of the goal but not in. Keeper fouled the AU forward at the top of the box on the shot, but the free kick goes straight into the wall. Really needed that on to go in to try to make this a game again.

Does most of our "build up" consist of kicking the crap out of the ball into the attacking third and hoping?

We create from the wings with our outside backs some but I swear we pass the ball to nobody a lot

Edit: might be a little too negative. I'm not a huge fan of the direct style of play

3 min to go and AU playing a bit better in the midfield and getting some almost opportunities but nothing to show for it. I'm not going to be able to catch the second half. Hope they can get something going but the difference tonight has been CB play. USCe's have been solid while AU's have been bad.

USCe has parked the bus allowing AU some midfield possession. Not much of an answer in the final third. AU does find the net but called on the obvious offside. Not looking good with 17 to go.

Does most of our "build up" consist of kicking the crap out of the ball into the attacking third and hoping?

We create from the wings with our outside backs some but I swear we pass the ball to nobody a lot

Edit: might be a little too negative. I'm not a huge fan of the direct style of play

Yep, that's how they play and USCe has handled it easily by pushing their keeper up to clear anything that has gotten behind the defense, which hasn't been much.

12 to go, still 2-0, and still no answer on the attack from AU. USCe has been solid in the back. Keeper might have gotten in a nap today.

USC has fouled and fouled all day, but not one warning (did card the keeper early). AU makes a borderline foul and gets a card, then a warning on the next foul (different player).

3 min to go and it's all over but the shouting. First 15 min doomed AU by allowing USCe to sit back and just cover the long balls. Not what you'd hope to see in a top 10 matchup.

Sloppy game, didn't show our true team ability. We had chances, my kids thought I'd snapped jumping excitedly than collapsing with that goalpost rebound and when the headed goal was called offside. Agree re our center backs and defensive mids ball allocation forward, not sure what was going on there but mostly kick-and-a-prayer all game long. Another important one Sunday, against #17 aTm.

USC has fouled and fouled all day, but not one warning (did card the keeper early). AU makes a borderline foul and gets a card, then a warning on the next foul (different player).

I was at the game and yep....USCe fouled repeatedly which never came back to bite them...and in the second half they played their version of "four corners" and just kicked the ball out of bounds or "iced the puck".....and let the clock run and run and were able to keep AU out of their net.

USCe is a good team...top 10 like AU....

Comments and observations:

That #7 for USCe was a player....very deceptive looking....kind of chunky but quick as lightning....would lull the defender to sleep and when the AU defender turned her head, #7 was off like a shot toward the goal. They had two players who were faster than our defenders......got off on several breaks.

The AU goalie played a great game...made some excellent stops but never had a chance on the two Gamecock goals.

Tough on the road....there were about a dozen or two of us pulling for AU ......and a couple thousand vocal fans for Carolina.

I was at the game and yep....USCe fouled repeatedly which never came back to bite them...and in the second half they played their version of "four corners" and just kicked the ball out of bounds or "iced the puck".....and let the clock run and run and were able to keep AU out of their net.

USCe is a good team...top 10 like AU....

Comments and observations:

That #7 for USCe was a player....very deceptive looking....kind of chunky but quick as lightning....would lull the defender to sleep and when the AU defender turned her head, #7 was off like a shot toward the goal. They had two players who were faster than our defenders......got off on several breaks.

The AU goalie played a great game...made some excellent stops but never had a chance on the two Gamecock goals.

Tough on the road....there were about a dozen or two of us pulling for AU ......and a couple thousand vocal fans for Carolina.

Yeah, McCaskill was tough. And your description is apt. Cool for you getting to go.

Archived