Kerryon Johnson...

Strychnine

conflicting reports are that he will miss most of spring practice.

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index

conflicting reports are that he will miss most of spring practice.

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index

Auburn's breakout freshman star in 2015 was the Tigers' third-leading rusher with 208 yards. He scored three touchdowns on the ground while playing tailback and quarterback in the Wildcat formation. He also caught 14 passes for 159 yards.

The state of Alabama's Mr. Football in 2014 was expected to continue to compete for playing time against Jovon Robinson and Roc Thomas in spring practices, but he will not participate in contact drills, the source said.

An Auburn spokesman confirmed Johnson underwent a "procedure" but said coaches are not yet "ready to rule him out" for spring practices.

Marshall’s tweet is more recent so that might better. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see though.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the OP. The most impressive thing about Kerryon is his ability to make plays out of the direct snap formation (it really was not a Wildcat in 2015), when defenses knew Kerryon was going to get the ball, and that he was going to run it. He also has good at catching the ball as well.

Agree with the OP. The most impressive thing about Kerryon is his ability to make plays out of the direct snap formation (it really was not a Wildcat in 2015), when defenses knew Kerryon was going to get the ball, and that he was going to run it. He also has good at catching the ball as well.

Amen....need to find ways to get him on the field as much as possible....in more than one role if necessary. He's shifty and glides when he runs and does not give defenders a very good target from what I've observed.

With the little exposure he's gotten from outside our fanbase, he could be an extremely dangerous "secret weapon" for us, come Clemson

All due respect, I think Clemson is going to watch some of our film from 2015 before they play us.

With the little exposure he's gotten from outside our fanbase, he could be an extremely dangerous "secret weapon" for us, come Clemson

All due respect, I think Clemson is going to watch some of our film from 2015 before they play us.

I hope so...if they do ,they will probably skip practices targeted at AU and immediately start working on their game plan for their second game with Troy where they feel some vulnerability.

you think so? With that amazing intuition I'm sure you could also guess that Clemson is probably going to shape their defense around stopping Jovon (and depending on who the QB is possibly the read option too).

I really doubt they will focus too much on a sophomore RB that got 200 yards last year.

you think so? With that amazing intuition I'm sure you could also guess that Clemson is probably going to shape their defense around stopping Jovon (and depending on who the QB is possibly the read option too).

I really doubt they will focus too much on a sophomore RB that got 200 yards last year.

I would imagine that they would "shape their defense around stopping" Auburn's offense. If they watch film of Auburn's offense from 2015, then they'll probably notice that Kerryon Johnson is pretty dangerous with the ball in his hands. I mean, "our fanbase" noticed this, so maybe the guys who just played bama to the wire in the national championship game will notice it, too? Or maybe you're right. Maybe one of the best coaching staffs in the country will just look at the stat sheet- you forgot 3 TDs and 150+ yds receiving- and think, "Nah, he's probably not going to get the ball much. Next..."

I would imagine that they would "shape their defense around stopping" Auburn's offense. If they watch film of Auburn's offense from 2015, then they'll probably notice that Kerryon Johnson is pretty dangerous with the ball in his hands. I mean, "our fanbase" noticed this, so maybe the guys who just played bama to the wire in the national championship game will notice it, too? Or maybe you're right. Maybe one of the best coaching staffs in the country will just look at the stat sheet- you forgot 3 TDs and 150+ yds receiving- and think, "Nah, he's probably not going to get the ball much. Next..."

Well if they watch our game film they might even notice that most first down plays are a run over the left side....followed by a quick toss to a split end who is two steps behind the line of scrimmage on the left side. Most avid Auburn fans could work as spotters with Rod and tell him the plays before the ball is snapped.

Hoping this year we do a better job of putting our QB into 3rd and long situations. And yep....KJ will likely not be a secret weapon since he was one or our more reliable 3rd down guys last year.

We need to sign one more running back this year. we are dangerously thin at that position.

No one left worth signing. We can make due with 4 and a possibly 5th moving in from H-back.

We need to sign one more running back this year. we are dangerously thin at that position.

No one left worth signing. We can make due with 4 and a possibly 5th moving in from H-back.

Rudy Ford could even move back over :D

you act like Kerryon ran for 1,500 yards last season. While he did have a decent freshman season, I doubt he'll be the focus of their defense. especially if we've got a zone read based offense and use Kerryon in the sweep/screen pass position (as I mentioned at some point in this thread).

Obviously they're going to be all over the fact Kerryon is getting the ball when he's in the wildcat position.

Well if they watch our game film they might even notice that most first down plays are a run over the left side....followed by a quick toss to a split end who is two steps behind the line of scrimmage on the left side. Most avid Auburn fans could work as spotters with Rod and tell him the plays before the ball is snapped.

Hoping this year we do a better job of putting our QB into 3rd and long situations. And yep....KJ will likely not be a secret weapon since he was one or our more reliable 3rd down guys last year.

Lord have mercy the play calling HAS to improve.

you act like Kerryon ran for 1,500 yards last season. While he did have a decent freshman season, I doubt he'll be the focus of their defense. especially if we've got a zone read based offense and use Kerryon in the sweep/screen pass position (as I mentioned at some point in this thread).

Obviously they're going to be all over the fact Kerryon is getting the ball when he's in the wildcat position.

This has really gone sideways. You said that Johnson could be "an extremely dangerous 'secret weapon'" against Clemson. You seem to suggest that this is because he's not well known "outside our fanbase". I merely pointed out that Clemson will probably watch film from Auburn's 2015 season and see that he is a talented player, and therefore he will not be a "secret" weapon.

I'm trying not to get hung up on the word that you called him "extremely dangerous" while I called him "pretty dangerous", but now I'm the one "acting like he ran for 1,500 yards". Again, I merely mentioned stats that you left out- stats that are very significant relative to the one stat you did include. Since you introduced stats into the conversation, it seems that they matter to you.

I'll excuse myself from this now. Didn't mean for it to go off the rails.

This has really gone sideways. You said that Johnson could be "an extremely dangerous 'secret weapon'" against Clemson. You seem to suggest that this is because he's not well known "outside our fanbase". I merely pointed out that Clemson will probably watch film from Auburn's 2015 season and see that he is a talented player, and therefore he will not be a "secret" weapon.

I'm trying not to get hung up on the word that you called him "extremely dangerous" while I called him "pretty dangerous", but now I'm the one "acting like he ran for 1,500 yards". Again, I merely mentioned stats that you left out- stats that are very significant relative to the one stat you did include. Since you introduced stats into the conversation, it seems that they matter to you.

I'll excuse myself from this now. Didn't mean for it to go off the rails.

things tend to get sidetracked when you believe your opinion is more valid than others. All I was trying to say is that I think KJ could be a very valuable player for us, come Clemson, due to the lack of exposure he's gotten compared to Jovon. Especially if we are starting a DT-QB.

You chose to pick apart my posts and "prove them wrong" all on your own.

Goodbye.

Archived