Kerryon Johnson...

Strychnine

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has serious potential. He just needs to work on that second gear when he gets in the open field, so he can take it to the house. That, and knowing which side the hand-off is coming from... His elusiveness and Peyton's heart are a great combo.

I thought he deserved his own thread. Based on what I've seen from him as a freshman, that man is going to be a real playmaker for Auburn in this season and moving forward.

Yep. Best player on the team.

My sources agree with this.

I think everyone is nervous to be too positive about anything. As snakebit as we are, if we praise him, he'll be carried off on a gurney the next play....

(Pssst, he does look pretty dang good)

A question??? Your picture looks like Donna Reed. IS this correct?

Kerryon the wayward sun. There will be peace when you are done.

Just had to do that. WE!

Kerryon gives it 100% and he is very skilled. Loved his TD run from the wildcat. I think I agree with Cole on the kickoff returns. Kerryon does a good job but he is not going full bore on returns. Rudy goes full bore. Kerryon looks like he is hesitating and beinhg careful he does not lose the ball.

He is great overall and I think he will only get better.

I agree, but that is a freshman thing. As he gets more comfortable, that will change.

Peyton and Kerryon have been giving 110% all year. Nothing but good things to say about both of them. Both will be special.

I thought he deserved his own thread. Based on what I've seen from him as a freshman, that man is going to be a real playmaker for Auburn in this season and moving forward.

Yep. Best player on the team.

My sources agree with this.

Wow, that is a strong statement. It makes sense though. That is the guy you want to get the ball to in the wildcat. He sure does seem to get upfield in a hurry though. Hope we see more of him as the season goes on. Lots of weapons on that offense if they can get the ball to them in space. If there is one position where the future is bright and filled with underclassmen, it is surely running back.

I knew he would be good his jr year of high school. Some predicted he would play defense. He could play almost any position but I like where he is. Gus compared him to Darren McFadden .

I knew he would be good his jr year of high school. Some predicted he would play defense. He could play almost any position but I like where he is. Gus compared him to Darren McFadden .

Yep...I figured we had enough running backs ( I believed the Jovon hype) and thought he should play DB or Safety.

But looks like we need him on the offense now. He is smooth and graceful with the ball. Not running "full bore".? ...maybe because he is not running blindly ...gets a quick start and yet seems able to find the creases.....I like his running style and indeed, he does look like McFadden during his Arky days.

The potential found in this group of running backs is scary good. When Roc gets past his "dancing with the stars" phase and concentrates a little more on advancing the rock North and South I believe he will start to display more than potential. We are amply blessed at this position. WDE

During his recruitment Ford was unknown, countess wasn't on the radar and we were lucky to get Matthews. If that stuff hadn't worked out he probably would be playing safety. I also think Ford would be a pretty awesome hb too

During his recruitment Ford was unknown, countess wasn't on the radar and we were lucky to get Matthews. If that stuff hadn't worked out he probably would be playing safety. I also think Ford would be a pretty awesome hb too

Agreed about Ford. He's nasty with the ball in his hands, can probably catch the ball decently and would probably be great at picking up blitzes.

The potential found in this group of running backs is scary good. When Roc gets past his "dancing with the stars" phase and concentrates a little more on advancing the rock North and South I believe he will start to display more than potential. We are amply blessed at this position. WDE

Please watch the most recent games. Roc is taking dudes on.

That's what I saw....just that he can't seem to get over his injuries but the idea that he's scared to take or give a lick...that's the kind of comment the poster should be required to make face-to-face with #6.

Agree. He has been very solid.

wde

[color-orange]44 views during the game, [/color]and you're the only one that responded. Nothing against you, but I'd expect our people to jump on something positive.

Some of us never go anywhere near a computer when Auburn is playing. Either at the game or watching it on TV. Weak in the multi-tasking area I guess.

That's what I saw....just that he can't seem to get over his injuries but the idea that he's scared to take or give a lick...that's the kind of comment the poster should be required to make face-to-face with #6.

If that was a play on all the Cowart/Lambert confusion, it was a great one!

If that was a play on all the Cowart/Lambert confusion, it was a great one!

actually I should have said #9....as you noted...

Exactly. Someone hasn't actually been watching games.

Same for carlton davis. Kid is gonna be good for a while

^^This^^

You mean Carl-ron? Pretty sure that's what I heard Mack say.

Kerry calm and Kee-ron.

Just like at Texas, Mack is drawing a paycheck at ESPN and doing absolutely nothing for game prep.

For the most part the "wildcat" had become a change of pace just for change of pace sake. This kid is a weapon running from the QB spot. Forces defenses to respect the perimeter especially in short yardage and goal line situations.

Same for carlton davis. Kid is gonna be good for a while

^^This^^

You mean Carl-ron? Pretty sure that's what I heard Mack say.

Kerry calm and Kee-ron.

Just like at Texas, Mack is drawing a paycheck at ESPN and doing absolutely nothing for game prep.

For the most part the "wildcat" had become a change of pace just for change of pace sake. This kid is a weapon running from the QB spot. Forces defenses to respect the perimeter especially in short yardage and goal line situations.

Yes....he's quickly become one of my favorite players. Someone moaned about freshman not making an impact.....this guy has done so at a position where there is plenty of good talent to compete with and he's a factor already.. kick returns, catching passes and running the ball....Mr. Versatility....

Archived