Kerryon Johnson...

Strychnine

I thought he deserved his own thread. Based on what I've seen from him as a freshman, that man is going to be a real playmaker for Auburn in this season and moving forward.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. He has been very solid.

wde

44 views during the game, and you're the only one that responded. Nothing against you, but I'd expect our people to jump on something positive.

The fact that he's a true freshman and playing with this much grit speaks volumes to me.

Indeed. He's playing like a man that intends to become a serious baller.

Kerryon does not look like he has great moves.

What I love about him is he sees the hole and he runs through it. Kid is really solid.

I think everyone is nervous to be too positive about anything. As snakebit as we are, if we praise him, he'll be carried off on a gurney the next play....

(Pssst, he does look pretty dang good)

Agree. He has been very solid.

wde

44 views during the game, and you're the only one that responded. Nothing against you, but I'd expect our people to jump on something positive.

Guess everybody else is on the game thread.

But yes KJ is doing great and will be something before he leaves. Can we expect Barber/KJ to like Williams/Brown? I think someone has already claimed the moniker of PB&J for them.

Same for carlton davis. Kid is gonna be good for a while

^^This^^

You mean Carl-ron? Pretty sure that's what I heard Mack say.

Kerry calm and Kee-ron.

Always ran to the right. If he had faked right and cut back left a couple of times I don't believe it would have come down to the last minute. But what do I know. KJ played a very good game from what I saw.The difference with Jason running wildcat there would probably be the threat of a pass.

Always ran to the right. If he had faked right and cut back left a couple of times I don't believe it would have come down to the last minute. But what do I know. KJ played a very good game from what I saw.The difference with Jason running wildcat there would probably be the threat of a pass.

I was hoping that he would pitch it ti JJ and he would hit Ricardo on a deep slant.

I was hoping that he would pitch it ti JJ and he would hit Ricardo on a deep slant.

I'm sure we've got those plays designed and practiced. Considering this was the first game we ran our wildcat so heavily, I doubt Gus wanted to pull out every trick he's got with it against Kentucky unless he had to.

We all know Gus can draw up a play that throws out of the wildcat

I'm sure we've got those plays designed and practiced. Considering this was the first game we ran our wildcat so heavily, I doubt Gus wanted to pull out every trick he's got with it against Kentucky unless he had to.

We all know Gus can draw up a play that throws out of the wildcat

Gus' offense has never been predicated on whether or not opponents saw film of what he wanted to do. it is predicated on setup, misdirection, and tempo. He has some "trick plays", but even those are generally run out of the base formation. His goal has always been to do a little pounding then strike with tempo and a big play after that's been effective. Execution and tempo are the secret to it, as they always have been. No one can scheme around that.

Absolutely no doubt that is in the playbook and Gus is setting the stage for it.

Kerryon the wayward sun. There will be peace when you are done.

Just had to do that. WE!

Kerryon gives it 100% and he is very skilled. Loved his TD run from the wildcat. I think I agree with Cole on the kickoff returns. Kerryon does a good job but he is not going full bore on returns. Rudy goes full bore. Kerryon looks like he is hesitating and being careful he does not lose the ball.

He is great overall and I think he will only get better.

Archived