Coaching Carousel Watch

AURex

The season is only half over and we already know about a lot of head coaching positions that will have to be filled after the season is over.

Current Vacancies

Southern Cal (Clay Helton)

Georgia (Kirby Smart)

South Carolina (Will Muschamp)

Missouri (Barry Odom)

Maryland (D.J. Durkin)

Miami (Mark Richt)

Virginia Tech (Fuente)

Virginia (Bronco Mendenhall)

Syracuse (Dino Babers)

Iowa State (Matt Campbell)

Rutgers (Chris Ash)

Illinois (Bill Cubit)

Central Florida (Scott Frost)

Memphis (Mike Norvell)

Louisiana-Monroe (Matt Viator)

North Texas (Seth Littrell)

Tulane (Willie Fritz)

Hawaii (Nick Rolovich)

East Carolina (Scottie Montgomery)

BYU (Kalani Sitake)

Georgia Southern (Tyson Summers)

Texas State (Everett Withers)

Ball State (Mike Neu)

Southern Miss

I'm sure some things on this list will change as the season comes to an end. All the shuffling around will be interesting. Maybe one or two Auburn coaches will have opportunities.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be my lack of perceptiveness but this seems to be one of the largest crop of mid-season coaching vacancies I've ever seen. And no telling what else will be added come next few weeks...

Agree. It is an early start this year. In the past, we rarely saw mid-season firings and retirements.

I don't think we need a new OL coach unless Grimes decides to retire. He's one of our better coaches regardless of what some may think. I would be "shocked" to see Lashlee go unless Gus can help him land a job at another school doing the same thing or something similar.

Malzahn needs to bring in a new OC, OL coach and DL coach. Norm Chow would be a good hire to replace Lashlee.

Hush............the dude is almost as old as I am.

I don't think we need a new OL coach unless Grimes decides to retire. He's one of our better coaches regardless of what some may think. I would be "shocked" to see Lashlee go unless Gus can help him land a job at another school doing the same thing or something similar.

I want

Gus is our OC.....everyone knows that ....so forget Spurrier or any other name-brand OC to replace Lash...

Otherwise, a huge number of coaching vacancies and millions of avid football fans doomed to disappointment when their schools end hiring some 3rd choice guy from MAC or Sun Belt to run their Power 5 program.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.

If uga moves on who do they go after?

Spurrier has said as much that he wanted to keep coaching, just not as a Div I head coach....there's somebody a heckuva OC!!!

Division 2 or 3?

I want

A hug? Come on bring it in

Malzahn needs to bring in a new OC, OL coach and DL coach. Norm Chow would be a good hire to replace Lashlee.

Norm Chow? Isn't he like 80 yrs old?

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.

If uga moves on who do they go after?

Applewhite from Houston?

I want

A hug? Come on bring it in

Age fart........I won't. You can give me a hug later if you want to cole

Not sure Malzahn would hire anyone not at least familiar with his offensive philosophy to be an OC. I don't know if the 2 coaches have ever crossed paths but I don't think they have. Gus would probably just want to promote someone he's worked with before. That being said who would hire Lashlee right now? Pretty sure we will have all coaches on this staff back if Malzahn or Muschamp want them back. I'm hoping Muschamp has say on defense.

Not sure Malzahn would hire anyone not at least familiar with his offensive philosophy to be an OC. I don't know if the 2 coaches have ever crossed paths but I don't think they have. Gus would probably just want to promote someone he's worked with before. That being said who would hire Lashlee right now? Pretty sure we will have all coaches on this staff back if Malzahn or Muschamp want them back. I'm hoping Muschamp has say on defense.

He does

Gus is our OC.....everyone knows that ....so forget Spurrier or any other name-brand OC to replace Lash...

Otherwise, a huge number of coaching vacancies and millions of avid football fans doomed to disappointment when their schools end hiring some 3rd choice guy from MAC or Sun Belt to run their Power 5 program.

Gus needs an OC he respects as a peer with whom he can collaborate .

Well, I was really hoping that RG would move on (by choice or not), but I don't think he is head coaching material.

UGA and USCe both have enough money to lure Rodriguez out of Arizona. So does Miami.

VT could go for Kirby Smart. VT is already defensive minded and Smart is brainwashed in the Saban "process."

I'm thinking Fuente to South Carolina.He's done a terrific job at Memphis. He has experience recruiting in the south.

Would UGA take a flier on Kiffin? The dogs are so desperate for offense. They've got Pruett and a truck load of defensive talent, so they need someone who can recruit offensive talent and develop them. Kiffin may have learned something about being a coach at Bama. UGA and Kiffin might be a really good match. Scare the bejesus out of Saban. Give Auburn heartburn for sure.

you are an idiot.

Archived