Undefeated Carolina vs undefeated Patriots in Super Bowl 50

Rsdw78

I know it's highly unlikely but has anyone thought about Cam vs Tom and both teams undefeated facing off in Super Bowl 50? How awesome would that be to possibly watch Cam win a Super Bowl?

Well as a panthers fan, I hope they do go undefeated. And I've been a fan since Dehlomme was QB, Smith, Moose, and Proehl were receivers, Stephen Davis was RB and Fox was the head coach.

I didn't become a panthers just because of Cam.

To hell with the 72 dolphins.

Well, I did. I have never really had an NFL team, usually just rooted for the AU guys in the league. Even after to moving to the Nashville area I didn't jump on with the Titans. Then CAP went to the Panthers and Tyronne Green (on IR list) and Reese Dismukes is on the practice squad. I've always been a Michael Oher fan too.

I went to the Panthers/Titans game in Nashville yesterday and got War Eagled a bazillion times!! The Panthers are really good and solid. Even against a really good Titans D, Cam and company still managed 27 points, and almost capped it off with a punt return for a TD. They were still held about 10 yards under their ypg average, but they held the Titans to about 60 yards below their average. The Panthers only have 7 guys on the roster with more than 10 years in the NFL too.

Well, I did. I have never really had an NFL team, usually just rooted for the AU guys in the league. Even after to moving to the Nashville area I didn't jump on with the Titans. Then CAP went to the Panthers and Tyronne Green (on IR list) and Reese Dismukes is on the practice squad. I've always been a Michael Oher fan too.

I went to the Panthers/Titans game in Nashville yesterday and got War Eagled a bazillion times!! The Panthers are really good and solid. Even against a really good Titans D, Cam and company still managed 27 points, and almost capped it off with a punt return for a TD. They were still held about 10 yards under their ypg average, but they held the Titans to about 60 yards below their average. The Panthers only have 7 guys on the roster with more than 10 years in the NFL too.

tgr4lfe ....... We have the same view, never cared for the NFL. Always felt like the innocence of the game and the passion it was played for was completely lost between college and the league. Not so sure it isn't lost between high school and college these days. Anyway I have always followed the tigers in the NFL like yourself. I was living in Nashvegas back in 2001 when the Titans where new to town and it wasn't safe to go south of Demumbreum St at night lol. Times change and I'm living in Salt Lake City now. I have to get up way to early to follow real football these days and also have way too many conversions with people here about how the PAC12 is just as good as the SEC in their opinion.

Well as a panthers fan, I hope they do go undefeated. And I've been a fan since Dehlomme was QB, Smith, Moose, and Proehl were receivers, Stephen Davis was RB and Fox was the head coach.

Jealous losers have been saying that since '72.

sorry guys didn't mean to open a 43 year old wound lol

i wish i had taken my son and gone. Were there tickets on the streets? If so how much?

And the Dolphins have been jealous losers since 73....As a fan of the Panthers, I'm not going to hope that we lose a game just because of one year when you were a fan of the Dolphins.

And the Dolphins have been jealous losers since 73....As a fan of the Panthers, I'm not going to hope that we lose a game just because of one year when you were a fan of the Dolphins.

Just for the record, I've been a Dolphins fan my whole life. Good and bad. That's what a sports fan does. You can't truly enjoy a championship unless you've weathered the bad times. (Same goes for my Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins.)

i wish i had taken my son and gone. Were there tickets on the streets? If so how much?

Yea, there were some. I don't know how much they were going for. My buddy knows someone in Titans organization. We sat in Panther section in front of Panther wives/girlfriends. OMG! 8-0 hope that bugged eyed opened mouth emoji shows (on mobile device). There were 6 that were just gorgeous!!

That would be interesting. Patriots are going to probably take a,week off to heal up so they probably won't be undefeated. I do not know the panther schedule.

Not out of realm of possibility for Panthers to finish undefeated.

Saints 3:25 PM

12/13 vs Falcons 12:00 PM

12/20 @ Giants 12:00 PM

12/27 @ Falcons 12:00 PM

1/3 vs Buccaneers 12:00 PM

That would be interesting. Patriots are going to probably take a,week off to heal up so they probably won't be undefeated. I do not know the panther schedule.

Not out of realm of possibility for Panthers to finish undefeated.

Saints 3:25 PM

12/13 vs Falcons 12:00 PM

12/20 @ Giants 12:00 PM

12/27 @ Falcons 12:00 PM

1/3 vs Buccaneers 12:00 PM

I'm more worried about the dirty birds damaging their regular season record. They can score in bunches if Freeman is back to running healthy. Overall, those teams are not that great at defense though.

As noted by several folks...I did not pay much attention to the NFL, still don't for that matter...but I did watch the teams where AU guys were playing so my interest has bounced around the league and some years I rarely watched more than a couple games until the play-offs.

But when Cam hit the Panthers, (which is our "home team") since I live in NC, I've followed them about every game...and listened to all the media talking heads who said he would never make it.. and picked his game apart.....and read the letter in the Observer from bammers and 'cocks and dawgs hating on Cam during his first few years. All that has been rewarded this year. If they go undefeated...great...if not...oh well.

As for the '72 Dolphins....they had Mike Kolen playing LB ....so they were my team....and Bo with the Raiders...and others. Love my AU Tigers and will follow the guys wherever they go.

The Patriots lost tonight by a Broncos team led by a QB other than Peyton Manning. That means Carolina is the last undefeated team. And now that the Pats lost, and now that Gronk has gone down, maybe Cam will start receiving more MVP consideration.

Patriots have so many injuries that you have to wonder how they can field a team. I honestly don't think that they will be in the SB. That's a lot to overcome

Injuries are indeed a problem but most teams seem to find replacements from their own squads or from a secret list of guys who normally work at WalMart but who can come in an fill some gaps for a couple games. Unfortunately for me, I gave up on Denver too soon and missed their rally that won the game.

Panthers are still on track to go all the way...without a future opponent with much of a W-L record,

Patriots have so many injuries that you have to wonder how they can field a team. I honestly don't think that they will be in the SB. That's a lot to overcome

Injuries are indeed a problem but most teams seem to find replacements from their own squads or from a secret list of guys who normally work at WalMart but who can come in an fill some gaps for a couple games. Unfortunately for me, I gave up on Denver too soon and missed their rally that won the game.

Panthers are still on track to go all the way...without a future opponent with much of a W-L record,

Patriots should still get home field. If Gronk is OK that makes a huge difference. Be fun to watch.

Archived