It's Possible that Jeremy could make some 2016 noise

Dual-Threat Rigby

I try not to be negative, and I hope this is not construed as such. Jeremy has a ton of potential, that most of us can see each time he releases a football. However, he has got to learn to keep the ball down. I'm not sure if this is in his head or mechanical, but I sure would love it if they (coaches) would allow the QB's to work with outside QB coaches during the off season. If they can't get these guys straightened out, please let someone else have a shot. With that said, I'm of the opinion that there has to be stability at the head coach position to make any considerable gains in the program. But they have to think outside the box and not limit potential. And for pete's sake please throw the ball down the field every once in a while to keep people honest. I sat next to a guy tonight that called every play...if this guy, half inebriated can do call our plays I'm sure DC's know what's coming, window dressing or not.

I really hope we do this with JJ and Sean. I don't feel confident our staff can do it. May be wrong but i hope we get outside help as well.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone pay Cam to teach JJ to run unafraid and using all his height and weight and we will be good...

Seriously though, I hope JJ becoms the man next year.... though us looking at running JUCO QBs right now does not bode well for any current QBs on roster.

I try not to be negative, and I hope this is not construed as such. Jeremy has a ton of potential, that most of us can see each time he releases a football. However, he has got to learn to keep the ball down. I'm not sure if this is in his head or mechanical, but I sure would love it if they (coaches) would allow the QB's to work with outside QB coaches during the off season. If they can't get these guys straightened out, please let someone else have a shot. With that said, I'm of the opinion that there has to be stability at the head coach position to make any considerable gains in the program. But they have to think outside the box and not limit potential. And for pete's sake please throw the ball down the field every once in a while to keep people honest. I sat next to a guy tonight that called every play...if this guy, half inebriated can do call our plays I'm sure DC's know what's coming, window dressing or not.

Keeping the football down is something every QB we've had under Gus has had a problem with, even with the savior of the Auburn football program, Sean White. A problem of relying on too much arm, and inconsistent footwork. To break this down for anyone out there that doesn't get it by now

QB under Gus + throwing high ball, bad footwork, too much arm reliance = the standard. It'd be fantastic if our QBs were allowed to go to outside QB gurus like George Whitfield, but apparently that somehow hinders your ability to run the extremely simple system we have. Could you imagine Marshall if dude was given the chance to really develop as a QB and get his footwork and decision making down pat? 80 yard arm, incredible runner, easily could've been another Tyrod Taylor (this year) or at the very least a Russell Wilson, system QB.

Someone pay Cam to teach JJ to run unafraid and using all his height and weight and we will be good...

Seriously though, I hope JJ becoms the man next year.... though us looking at running JUCO QBs right now does not bode well for any current QBs on roster.

I don't think in these exact terms, but I think Gus is realizing within himself that his offense runs the best when he has that very specific style of quarterback. I don't think he'll ever actually admit to being incapable of developing a QB or managing his own scheme to another QB's abilities, as he should, but man it's gotta be in his face right now. Jeremy is basically playing within himself right now, and is thankfully executing what scheme we're running with now, but he's not being trusted with several read throws on a consistent basis. That'll probably blow up in his face vs Alabama because even Nick had to sit there and look through reads to beat them in 2013 and almost beat them in 2014 (that also being on Gus the fact we didn't win).

How many seasons do you sacrifice to see if this guy comes around. I just think it is what it is. Need to move on to someone that has that explosive dual threat capability.

How many seasons do you sacrifice to see if this guy comes around. I just think it is what it is. Need to move on to someone that has that explosive dual threat capability.

You didn't "sacrifice" any. The season was over once you took him out and put a freshman in to run a complete lack of an offense against a then ranked offense. You then sacrificed a slightly more respectable season once you took him out and put a severely crippled White in for 2-3 drives, which is where Georgia got all of their momentum. He then comes in and leads what should've been a scoring drive, but Ricardo fumbled that away. So at most, Jeremy has 2 losses under his belt, and what should be 1. Hell, if we have that happen next year, we might make a SEC championship.

So at most, Jeremy has 2 losses under his belt, and what should be 1.

Seriously? This is your logic?

He would have lost all of the games he didn't play in because he is a bad QB. He did nothing against Georgia except throw screen passes; you know why? Because even Gus and company have seen enough from him. We're hyping that Georgia game up as some sort of victory now? Newsflash: Georgia just nearly lost to Georgia Southern. They are garbage.

This thread is absurd. He looks marginally good against a 3-7 mid-major with a TERRIBLE defense (121st Scoring Defense, 116th Total Defense) and now all of a sudden the hype is back on? Really? Nothing has changed. He hasn't "figured it out".

Well, it looks like he gets another shot against bama. If he doesn't show something, I think it would be hard to reclaim his spot next year.

I predict a bunch of high passes and sacks in our near future. The light is dim, it's not going to shine bright. He's not doing anything crazy, he's completing short passes and looking blind when pressure closes in. I still don't see him checking down, he either throws a pass behind the sticks or airs it out. I think he's a good guy and all that other stuff, but he's not looking anything like an SEC QB(or any other P5 QB) to me.

I will be shocked, and concerned if JJ is our starting QB next season.

Well, it looks like he gets another shot against bama. If he doesn't show something, I think it would be hard to reclaim his spot next year.

I predict a bunch of high passes and sacks in our near future. The light is dim, it's not going to shine bright. He's not doing anything crazy, he's completing short passes and looking blind when pressure closes in. I still don't see him checking down, he either throws a pass behind the sticks or airs it out. I think he's a good guy and all that other stuff, but he's not looking anything like an SEC QB(or any other P5 QB) to me.

I will be shocked, and concerned if JJ is our starting QB next season.

I would be surprised, but it wouldn't take a crazy scenario for it to happen. That scenario wouldn't have to involve JJ suddenly becoming an all sec qb.

So...any update on who goes pro? I hate to dig up the same topic, but it's pretty much the key to our season next year (or one of them).

obviously Jeremy

So at most, Jeremy has 2 losses under his belt, and what should be 1.

Seriously? This is your logic?

He would have lost all of the games he didn't play in because he is a bad QB. He did nothing against Georgia except throw screen passes; you know why? Because even Gus and company have seen enough from him. We're hyping that Georgia game up as some sort of victory now? Newsflash: Georgia just nearly lost to Georgia Southern. They are garbage.

This thread is absurd. He looks marginally good against a 3-7 mid-major with a TERRIBLE defense (121st Scoring Defense, 116th Total Defense) and now all of a sudden the hype is back on? Really? Nothing has changed. He hasn't "figured it out".

Sadly..this pretty much sums it all up. Once again we're going to have a QB controversy going into next season. Geesh i thought this was the year we'd be done with that but it's going to be very interesting to see how Gus handles the QB situation and the offense as a whole in the off season.

It's not just JJ. We have receivers that can't catch catchable balls and when they do our guys rarely do anything special after the catch. After watching arky and ole miss it sure seems like we are down on talent at receiver. Maybe I am wrong. The other time JJ is missing guys that are open. And I am not sure how you fix a guy the runs timid. He had chances to do so vs UGA and didn't or did try and it was bad. I.e. Tripping over grass. Ga southern scored more on UGA than we did in Athens.

I appreciate what he did vs Texas am but with our competition level I just don't think he will keep us in many games. Add in play calling or lack there of and well you get two SEC wins.

I'll have to take a wait and see attitude on this one. After the Bama game the QB situation will be a lot clearer.

Johnson folds under pressure. he is scared of getting hit. Give him protection he does okay. knock him around like Bama is gonna do and its a nightmare scenario.

Next year comes down to White vs Franklin this spring. If not for White's leg, JJ wouldn't have seen the field again this year.

Next year comes down to White vs Franklin this spring. If not for White's leg, JJ wouldn't have seen the field again this year.

this is the only comment that anyone should read in this thread.

this is the only comment that anyone should read in this thread.

Yep. But at least look at the YouTube clip posted above.

Bingo...the only viable options. I hate it for JJ, but he just doesn't have it. A monster arm with no control and scared to take a hit. Not SEC caliber...period. Put your "allegiances" aside and be objective.

Well as far as the competition he played against and making him all world....That's the same questions I ask with SW too. The same people saying this was Idaho are the same people that said SW is a better qb than Marshall and SW is the best passer we've had at this school after performances against arky, Kentucky, and San Jose st

Bingo...the only viable options. I hate it for JJ, but he just doesn't have it. A monster arm with no control and scared to take a hit. Not SEC caliber...period. Put your "allegiances" aside and be objective.

If people were truly objective about our qb situation the conclusion would be we just don't know because we haven't had a qb have a good game against a good team

Archived