It's Possible that Jeremy could make some 2016 noise

Dual-Threat Rigby

Guy is obviously our best OVERALL QB on roster right now, and still hasn't hit his ceiling I believe. A solid game against Alabama and a bowl win, combined with hopefully a competent offense and a real QB coach, he really can be something next year. Hopefully we'll have EXTREMELY better receiver play, some actual offensive creativity, and offensive line consistency from the jump.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why you would do this to yourself...

I've never not been a Jeremy fan. I've fantasized about him being a Heisman caliber QB for 3 years now. The more he's gotten of the offense, the better he's looked. That Georgia game was arguably the worst called/managed game in this history of Auburn coaching (its at least top 5), so I can't even blame that on him.

I hope your right. I think it's a big reach to claim he's obviously the best qb on the roster after a 160 yard performance against Idaho, but that's a whole 'nother debate. He did have his best game to date and I hope he can improve on it. It will be like a different universe next week. Hope he can pull the miracle.

There's negative reactions and then there's this. The wrong group of posters catch this thread at the same time....it could get ugly

I hope your right. I think it's a big reach to claim he's obviously the best qb on the roster after a 160 yard performance against Idaho, but that's a whole 'nother debate. He did have his best game to date and I hope he can improve on it. It will be like a different universe next week. Hope he can pull the miracle.

I don't know, I've just seen so many deep balls from him, with like actual arc and hang time, and I just haven't seen those in so long

DTR it might get ugly for you only because you have made at least a hundred troll threads in the past.

Your "ten thought threads" were hilarious but I usually kept my mouth shut as the hordes of Auburn fans felt obligated to give their two cents to you.

I see improvement but I don't know if it is enough to to say he will lead us to a better season in 2016. Let's see what happens against uat and the bowl opponent before we get too carried away. If the coaches can trust him to hit the slants, the post and anything further then 10 yards and he hits them, then I'll be impressed.

I see improvement but I don't know if it is enough to to say he will lead us to a better season in 2016. Let's see what happens against uat and the bowl opponent before we get too carried away. If the coaches can trust him to hit the slants, the post and anything further then 10 yards and he hits them, then I'll be impressed.

^^This

So...any update on who goes pro? I hate to dig up the same topic, but it's pretty much the key to our season next year (or one of them).

^^This

Can someone explain ^^This? I am not up to par about some of the characters such as ^^ I am not trying to be cute or anything like that. I just need some explanations here and there.

As far as the QB for next season?????? I would guess it will be between JJ & SW. Having both young men healthy and up to date with the play book, bodes well for us. I have not heard anyone mention Woody Barrett for next season. I know he is coming in as a raw green freshman, but if the kid comes on strong and beats out JJ & SW, then more power to the young man.

So...any update on who goes pro? I hate to dig up the same topic, but it's pretty much the key to our season next year (or one of them).

Well we were told before the season started that JJ would be gone after this year.....not sure who else though. Guess it might depend on how some of the players view the 2016. season......whether they think it will be a team with playoff potential.

I try not to be negative, and I hope this is not construed as such. Jeremy has a ton of potential, that most of us can see each time he releases a football. However, he has got to learn to keep the ball down. I'm not sure if this is in his head or mechanical, but I sure would love it if they (coaches) would allow the QB's to work with outside QB coaches during the off season. If they can't get these guys straightened out, please let someone else have a shot. With that said, I'm of the opinion that there has to be stability at the head coach position to make any considerable gains in the program. But they have to think outside the box and not limit potential. And for pete's sake please throw the ball down the field every once in a while to keep people honest. I sat next to a guy tonight that called every play...if this guy, half inebriated can do call our plays I'm sure DC's know what's coming, window dressing or not.

^^This

Can someone explain ^^This? I am not up to par about some of the characters such as ^^ I am not trying to be cute or anything like that. I just need some explanations here and there.

As far as the QB for next season?????? I would guess it will be between JJ & SW. Having both young men healthy and up to date with the play book, bodes well for us. I have not heard anyone mention Woody Barrett for next season. I know he is coming in as a raw green freshman, but if the kid comes on strong and beats out JJ & SW, then more power to the young man.

^^^This- means they agree with what the poster above said ^^^

^^This

^^^This- means they agree with what the poster above said ^^^

Thanks! I am more enlighten than I was an hour ago!

No kidding...who ever can consistently hit receivers and not throw it tithe other team is who I want. I don't care if it's Queen, JJ, White, or Franklin. I personally think White is the guy but what the heck do I know. But if it is JJ I hope they don't tell him till an hour before the first game. And I hope that Gus has a plan for all 4 guys and doesn't freak out when the first guy doesn't work out.

Agree. I still see a 4 or 5 loss team. JJ has improved but it's pretty clear he's not been asked to do much. We're going to need better QB play against the top tier teams in the west. Now if we beat Bama...that can certainly change my opinion.

I just hope we have a plan in place to better develop JJ and Sean; as well as the JUCO coming in. If it means JJ and/or Sean can go to the Whitfiled QB camp than i'd be for it b/c i'm not real confident that Gus or Rhett can develop a QB at this point. We didn't allow Nick to go...he improved some passing but just going over Gus's recent history i don't see a QB he's really developed. That really concerns me.

Archived