11 22 15 Notes - Coordinators Speak

RunInRed

Rhett Lashlee

Lashlee: "This is the Iron Bowl. We're going to play it the same way regardless."

Lashlee on Jeremy Johnson: "I don't think he made one bad decision all game."

Lashlee says "we know we'll probably need both of those guys" at QB against Alabama. Still gotta figure out things this week re: starter

Lashlee says Alabama's depth in its front seven if what really stands out from past Alabama defenses.

What did Robert Leff do well against Idaho? Lashlee: "He did everything well."

Lashlee says Alabama's performance against Leonard Fournette definitely got his attention. "We're going to have to be balanced."

@AUBlog

Lashlee on Jeremy Johnson: "He saw everything well. Made good decisions."

Lashlee on Alabama: "It's a very, very good defense. They're probably as solid up front as they've ever been."

Lashlee says Malzahn will address the quarterback situation on Tuesday. Says they feel good about Jeremy, but Sean is getting healthier.

Lashlee on Robert Leff: "Robert has turned into a really solid football player."

Lashlee: "You coach long enough, you're going to have years when you struggle."

@EvanMcCullers

Rhett Lashlee said Jeremy Johnson had a calm confidence about him on Saturday against Idaho. "I think he's in a good spot right now."

Lashlee says the tempo was better against Texas A&M and Idaho. Notes at times they did a better job of that on Saturday

Lashlee says they will probably need both quarterbacks against Alabama. "At this point we're in the early stages of putting a plan together"

@ITATJason

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee: Austin Golson most questionable guy on offense as far as injuries goes

@wareagleextra

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on facing Alabama's tough defense: "We've got to play our best game, there's no question about it."

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on Iron Bowl: "You can't be one-dimensional." Said previous success against Alabama came when Tigers ran and passed.

@AUGoldMine

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee thinks it says a lot about team that it came ready to play against Idaho while other teams were in "dogfights"

@jzenor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Muschamp

Muschamp: "We've just got to clean some things up."

Muschamp: "We've got to be able to tackle well in the game. ... He's an elite player, an elite talent."

Muschamp on Stephen Roberts: "He did some nice things for us. ... His preparation off the field has helped his play on the field."

Muschamp on noted dual-threat QB Jake Coker: "I still see a very mobile quarterback."

Muschamp: "It's a huge game. It's the greatest rivalry in college football."

Muschamp on Blake Countess: "Blake has been a very productive player for us at safety."

Muschamp says they've been playing in the Nickel package about 70-80 percent of snaps.

@EvanMcCullers

Muschamp on Jake Coker aka Vanilla Vick: "Jake's certainly made some plays with his legs"

Muschamp on Saban: "He's had a huge impact on my career" Adds: "I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for the opportunities he gave me"

Muschamp: "I think Carlton Davis' emergence at corner the last five or six games has been huge."

@AUBlog

Muschamp says Stephen Roberts continues to come on. Adds he needs to have another solid week of preparationa

Will Muschamp on Derrick Henry "We've got to be able to tackle him, gang tackle him...we've got our work cut out for us"

Something impressive about Muschamp is that even on Sunday he knows opposing personnel a week in advance. Running down Alabama players today

@ITATJason

Auburn's Will Muschamp on Alabama running back Derrick Henry: "He's an elite player. He's an elite talent." Iron Bowl is Saturday.

@AUGoldMine

Will Muschamp says he hasn't been contacted about any coaching jobs

@JamesCrepea

Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp: "Me or no representative of Will Muschamp has been contacted about any job. ... I can assure you that."

@matthewcstevens

LOL -- hadn't heard about 'Vanilla Vick'.

Agree with shocks -- we need to pick one QB and go with him, unless he gets knocked out of the game. I just find it hard to believe Sean will be fully healed and think it's probably better to go with JJ at this point.

Not enough has been said about how JJ ran the zone-read last night. He actually looked pretty good doing it. Might be a weapon that could help us a bit against Bama.

Carlton Davis needs to have a huge game, their receivers are light years ahead of ours. Our defense on Saturday will have to keep us hanging around.

Iron Bowl week! War Eagle

JJ starts. I just don't think SW is healthy.

we won't

we need a game changing event. like a DE coming off the edge and driving coker 6 inches into PD field. I'd like to see that.

we won't get near him....this game is going to get ugly in a hurry

Great attitude.

we won't

we need a game changing event. like a DE coming off the edge and driving coker 6 inches into PD field. I'd like to see that.

Great attitude.

He's miserable.

we won't

Great attitude.

He's miserable.

See no reason to think Tom is off.

Henry names the yards he will get against us.

we won't

Great attitude.

He's miserable.

You obviously haven't paid much attention to his post history.

we won't

Great attitude.

He's miserable.

You obviously haven't paid much attention to his post history.

That's true

The Tombigbee is a lot closer to uat than the Loveliest Village.

I'm glad that they're publicly keeping Sean's name in play for now. Why not. If bama spends one second game planning for a guy who doesn't play on Saturday, then cool, that's one less second that they spent watching film on the guy who will play and it cost us absolutely nothing.

As for bama's offense, I'm not so sure that they're going to be productive enough against our defense for this to be the blowout that the tombigbees of the world keep crying about (seriously dude, go find a hobby that makes you happy). We've had our issues, sure, but we're not the same team that played Jax St. And Henry doesn't become such a big issue until he gets to the second level. If we can keep the middle clogged up- something Lawrence was born to do- then we have a chance. We're MUCH better open field tacklers than we have been in 6 years at least.

I'm not saying I'm optimistic for a W, but this isn't 2012 (or even 2011). We've definitely got a good chance to still be interested in the 4th quarter.

I'm glad that they're publicly keeping Sean's name in play for now. Why not. If bama spends one second game planning for a guy who doesn't play on Saturday, then cool, that's one less second that they spent watching film on the guy who will play and it cost us absolutely nothing.

As for bama's offense, I'm not so sure that they're going to be productive enough against our defense for this to be the blowout that the tombigbees of the world keep crying about (seriously dude, go find a hobby that makes you happy). We've had our issues, sure, but we're not the same team that played Jax St. And Henry doesn't become such a big issue until he gets to the second level. If we can keep the middle clogged up- something Lawrence was born to do- then we have a chance. We're MUCH better open field tacklers than we have been in 6 years at least.

I'm not saying I'm optimistic for a W, but this isn't 2012 (or even 2011). We've definitely got a good chance to still be interested in the 4th quarter.

I personally don't think whoever is our QB is changing their planning. I imagine it is the same no matter.

You are right about Henry. Gotta stop him in the first couple of yds. Straight ahead runner.

But what would the different game plans be though?

I don't know. Probably not much different at all. But maybe the bama staff would half to spend a minute watching film to figure that out. Maybe not. Who cares. My only point is that I'm all for our staff disseminating as much misinformation as they'd like this week.

And they might not even be doing that. Maybe they're just giving honest answers to honest questions. But it seems like some folks further down the food chain than our coaches feel confident that Sean won't play, which leads me to believe that the coaches feel confident he won't play.

Iron Bowl week.. Let's do it Auburn; I am an Auburn fan and I just can't pull myself to say that we have no chance; we always have a chance and we always play this game with a lot of heart; the talent is there so coaches put a great game plan together and let's beat Bama.

WAR EAGLE!!

But what would the different game plans be though?

I don't know. Probably not much different at all. But maybe the bama staff would half to spend a minute watching film to figure that out. Maybe not. Who cares. My only point is that I'm all for our staff disseminating as much misinformation as they'd like this week.

And they might not even be doing that. Maybe they're just giving honest answers to honest questions. But it seems like some folks further down the food chain than our coaches feel confident that Sean won't play, which leads me to believe that the coaches feel confident he won't play.

I think one facet is the zone read, IF SW is playing, I think uat doesn't worry about him keep it at all, whereas with JJ, based on last week, they have to at least have someone account for him keeping it.

Archived