Every one that I talk to says "Y'all don't have a chance" ...

RunInRed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So funny, because I almost posted about this earlier. That was the last time I remember the sentiment being so strong.

I thought it was pretty strong in 2012

It was pretty strong in 2011 and 2008 as well. Not trying to be dour, just saying.

So funny, because I almost posted about this earlier. That was the last time I remember the sentiment being so strong.

I thought it was pretty strong in 2012

It was pretty strong in 2011 and 2008 as well. Not trying to be dour, just saying.

True, but those years we were so weak it kind of went without saying. I didn't hear the smack talk or as much defeatist talk as this year, it seems.

This is a team that could find that cylinder or two we've been missing all year and you never know. I know this year has reminded me of that year.

This also not the offensively anemic teams that have been blown out in the past. Maybe a little lackluster at times, but not 2008, 2012 bad

Tre Smith was my daughter's favorite player when she was a young teen. She met him at A-Day and got her picture with him and his autograph. She also caught his stinky sweatband that game, when he threw it up into the stands. We ordered her the jersey that he wore in a bowl game and she promptly put it over her pillow and slept with it for years! Not sure it was even washed when we got it. Ewww! lol

You never can tell who will rise to the occasion and become the hero. I hope we have one or more of them this Saturday. Play with heart and focus, guys, and you may surprise us all! WDE

Tre Smith. Unfortunately I hear that name and all I can think about is friend of mine coming back to the house going off about how Tre Smith stole the parking spot he was waiting on (he was waiting on person to pull out with blinker on, and Smith apparantly swooped in from the other side to take the spot, actually cutting the girl off that pulled out also). This made him late for an exam, so he didn't have time to finish it and got a B in the class.

So Tre Smith to me is the guy that cost my buddy a 4.0 lol.

Tre Smith. Unfortunately I hear that name and all I can think about is friend of mine coming back to the house going off about how Tre Smith stole the parking spot he was waiting on (he was waiting on person to pull out with blinker on, and Smith apparantly swooped in from the other side to take the spot, actually cutting the girl off that pulled out also). This made him late for an exam, so he didn't have time to finish it and got a B in the class.

I'll settle for that trade. Tre with 100+ vs Bama and your buddy suffers with a B in one class

I'm not saying we'll win but hypothetically, if we fire on all cylinders, build on some of the successes of recent weeks and get a couple of balls to bounce our way ...

I'll settle for that trade. Tre with 100+ vs Bama and your buddy suffers with a B in one class

Agreed. Tell your buddy thanks for being a team player.

I'm not saying we'll win but hypothetically, if we fire on all cylinders, build on some of the successes of recent weeks and get a couple of balls to bounce our way ...

That's the thing. It doesn't feel like this team has played its best game, not by a long shot. Almost everything has worked at one time or another, but nothing all at once. I realized it usually doesn't for most teams, but still. And there were a few games where it felt like everything went wrong and we still almost won against decent SEC competition.

Alabama is the better football team and will probably win, but I'm not sure that the gap is as wide as a lot of folks think. The talk of blowouts and not having a chance seems unnecessarily pessimistic.

The key for us to have a chance to win falls on the shoulders of our defense. Our offense needs to step up several notches as well. Our offense must look totally different than at any point this season. By this, we will need to run plays that no team in the SEC has seen from us. I would run a ton of trick plays to the point when we run a conventional play, it will look like a trick play as well.

Back to the defense: CWM needs to constantly rotate players to keep them fresh. UT darn near beat the bums in T-town. I do not think we are a lesser team than UT whatsoever. I think that CWM will have a superb game plan for our defense. We all know that bammer is a very good team. However, they are beatable. They are on our turf, and we need to defend our turf with the zeal of a crack unit of Army Rangers.

Have faith my friends!

BTW, I have been having more fun than a human being should have. I have been debating atheists and have been eating them alive!

For us to win, we will have to play to win,not keep it close or respectable.Take some chances that may or may not workout,go for it on forth down,fake punt (like last week that we should have kept in our pocket for this game)onsides kick etc.And we will have to stop Henry at all cost and have the breaks all go our way.If everything goes our way you never know what could happen.WAR EAGLE BEAT bama

More recently, this game feels a lot like 2009 to me. Auburn team playing decent ball late in the season but coming off a tight loss to UGA. Bama seemingly on a march to a national title (or a shot at one), and the game is in Auburn. I'd love a do-over on the 2009 game. That was (1) a great building block, (2) a lot of fun to attend, and (3) a freaking dogfight where we were thiiiiiiis close. I'd love to re-run that thing and take our chances.

More recently, this game feels a lot like 2009 to me. Auburn team playing decent ball late in the season but coming off a tight loss to UGA. Bama seemingly on a march to a national title (or a shot at one), and the game is in Auburn. I'd love a do-over on the 2009 game. That was (1) a great building block, (2) a lot of fun to attend, and (3) a freaking dogfight where we were thiiiiiiis close. I'd love to re-run that thing and take our chances.

Had the same thought.

What I didn't like about that game was our clock management at the end. Our sideline was a major cluster late. Hope we get the chance to show what we can do under similar circumstances Saturday.

You guys have got to stop giving me hope. I had accepted the notion that we would get killed. Now I'm not so sure. Thanks a lot. Lol.

lolol I know the feeling

I was at the Punt Bama Punt game and believe me nobody thought Auburn could win. The 1972 Team played every game with heart and desire but on Paper probably should have lost a lot more games then they won. They just found a way to win. This years team has played hard in every game and showed a lot of character when things went wrong. One many have forgotten is how much talent our players have. They have had moments this year but have yet to have a complete game from O, D and special teams. bama on paper should blow us away but it won't happen. This is the bama game they will be fired up if we can get a couple of early stops anything can happen.

We have a shot because:

"WE ARE AUBURN"

You guys have got to stop giving me hope. I had accepted the notion that we would get killed. Now I'm not so sure. Thanks a lot. Lol.

lolol I know the feeling

Yeah, hope sucks because when reality hits about 4pm on Saturday it hurts that much more.

I was at the Punt Bama Punt game and believe me nobody thought Auburn could win. The 1972 Team played every game with heart and desire but on Paper probably should have lost a lot more games then they won. They just found a way to win. This years team has played hard in every game and showed a lot of character when things went wrong. One many have forgotten is how much talent our players have. They have had moments this year but have yet to have a complete game from O, D and special teams. bama on paper should blow us away but it won't happen. This is the bama game they will be fired up if we can get a couple of early stops anything can happen.

We have a shot because:

"WE ARE AUBURN"

Terry Henley said before the 1972 Iron bowl we would "beat the #2 out of them". What is uat's ranking now?

"Hope is a GOOD thing. Maybe the Best of things" ...Andy Dufrane / Shawshank Redemption

Archived