Saban's Presser - Iron Bowl Week

RunInRed

Saban says Kenyan Drake will do individual drills this week, is "day-to-day." Dominick Jackson & Minkah Fitzpatrick will participate this wk

Saban on Iron Bowl: "It's certainly an opportunity you appreciate as a competitor."

Saban says "Auburn is probably playing the best they have all year." … QBs are playing better … and they have shown big-play ability w/ WRs.

Saban on Jeremy Johnson & Sean White: "Both guys have played very well, at times. Jeremy Johnson is a really good athlete."

Saban on Auburn QB situation: "I don't know who's going to play in this game, we have to be ready for either guy."

Saban on Jovon Robinson: "He's quick, explosive, can run with power, has make-you-miss ability and he's done all those things affectively."

Saban on Auburn's QBs and if there's a difference: "I think they run their offense regardless of who's playing quarterback."

Saban on pop-pass plays: "All these teams that run spread have run-pass options built in. … When we play it incorrectly, we pay the price."

Saban on Auburn DE Carl Lawson: "To me, Carl's always been a really good player, a really good rusher."

Saban says JHS "is a difficult place to play. … I don't think what happened there 2 yrs ago will have any impact on what happens this game"

Saban on Auburn DC Will Muschamp: "I think basically he's trying to do the best he can with the players that he has in terms of system."

@abyingtonTD

Alabama C Ryan Kelly was asked a question about Auburn DE Carl Lawson: "I don't really know who that is."

Alabama C Ryan Kelly on the ending to the 2013 Iron Bowl (the Kick Six): "You don't really forget something like that."

Alabama CB Cyrus Jones on Auburn's WRs: "I don't think they're anything special honestly but we still have to prepare for them."

To be completely fair, Alabama RB Derrick Henry says he knows all about Carl Lawson. So, there's that.

@abyington

Sounds like the players and the coaches are kind of overlooking us. Maybe rightfully so, but maybe not...

I hope the wide receiver comments make those guys mad.

Trap Game?

Well maybe our wideouts will take that as motivation and have an outstanding game but does anyone think our WR's ARE anything special? I mean, I'm sure they don't strike fear in to the hearts of the Updyke D. No better time to buck the usual than to have a killer game.

To be fair, Saban actually paid a fair amount of respect. He talked about Jeremy's athleticism and quality play late in the season. He talked about Carl being a good rusher. Not sure what else he could've said.

Now, the players? That was a different story. I have a dollar to a dime Jones and Kelly got an earful from Saban. He's a lot of things, but he's not a trash talker.

Sabahr is actually being very kind and respectful.

wde

I've never heard differently from him. He uses the "we didn't care" excuse too much though after a loss.

To be fair, Saban actually paid a fair amount of respect. He talked about Jeremy's athleticism and quality play late in the season. He talked about Carl being a good rusher. Not sure what else he could've said.

Now, the players? That was a different story. I have a dollar to a dime Jones and Kelly got an earful from Saban. He's a lot of things, but he's not a trash talker.

i doubt he gets too excited over it. players either tell the truth or show ignorance. i doubt they are intentionally trash talking. they are kids who haven't had a ton of experience under the gun of the media. our own reporters make more out of these things than they should.

You watch the video of Kelly? The idea that he has no clue who Carl Lawson is is obviously absurd. He meant to deliver that message.

You watch the video of Kelly? The idea that he has no clue who Carl Lawson is is obviously absurd. He meant to deliver that message.

Yep. Notice that Lawson has gone silent. Bad news for bama's oline. Hope he is a big ball of pissed off rage Saturday.

Indeed. I didn't watch the video, but it's nearly impossible that an OL player of an upcoming opponent would not know who Carl Lawson is. From the notes, it sounds like Henry was the only one of them that didn't say anything stupid.

I doubt it....why should he worry about AU's players...in fact it's a surprise that players on one team would have much interest in what is happening with individuals on other teams. As for Lawson....while AU fans are excited by what he has added to the defense, he has played so little this season...and he's certainly not a household word...anywhere....just saying that I doubt Kelly's comment means anything. Like some of those comments by AU players that were blown up by the media to create reader interest....what's the big deal? JMO

Kelly looks like the high IQ of the bunch...not. Looks like a poster child for the updykes.

Players from Bama talking smack is not good; they haven't did that all year; it will play against them Saturday; the Auburn Tigers will come out and shock the world Saturday.

WAR EAGLE!!!

i bet they are saying the same things they said all year. You just have a different light shed on it now.

Players from Bama talking smack is not good; they haven't did that all year; it will play against them Saturday; the Auburn Tigers will come out and shock the world Saturday.

WAR EAGLE!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

i bet they are saying the same things they said all year. You just have a different light shed on it now.

People are just overreacting. First, if you need bulletin board material to get up for this game then something is wrong. Second, They didn't really say anything that was just horrible. Our receivers are not that great (Fact). The center doesn't know who Carl Lawson is. Ok? You want respect, you got to earn it.

Archived