SEC Coaches Performance - Last 3 Years

RunInRed

Yup this season really stunk up the record. Gonna take a couple undefeated season to get right again, starting with next year.

13-10 is about to get Les miles kicked right out of baton rouge. Dan Mullen doing more with less. Sumlin swag copter looks like a bunch of fluff.

13-10 is about to get Les miles kicked right out of baton rouge. Dan Mullen doing more with less. Sumlin swag copter looks like a bunch of fluff.

Unless Mullen and Freeze have some magic in their back pockets, I expect them to start the slide back to mediocrity, now that Mullen is losing Dak and Freeze's entire "how did he land that" class is headed for the NFL.

Just like them, Sumlin was Johnny Football. Once he and his attitude left for the NFL, A&M became more hype than anything else.

Unless Mullen and Freeze have some magic in their back pockets, I expect them to start the slide back to mediocrity, now that Mullen is losing Dak and Freeze's entire "how did he land that" class is headed for the NFL.

Just like them, Sumlin was Johnny Football. Once he and his attitude left for the NFL, A&M became more hype than anything else.

I'm afraid a lot of SEC coaches are making a good living off the performances of a few really outstanding Quarterback....Cam, Nick, Dak, Manziel, Murray and a few others.

Once those QBs are gone, it seems to be a battle of equals....and also seems that NS is one of only a few coaches who can win consistently with whoever happens to show up and play QB for him.

Here's what Malzahn has done in his first 3 years at Auburn.

26-12 overall and 14-10 in the SEC.

Here's Malzahn's record during his last 2 years at Auburn.

14-10 overall and 6-9 in conference play.

All I know is, it is going ti majorly suck if Chip Kelley makes his way down south to the negatigers. Could be a pipedream, but you never know.

Very interesting comparisons. I wouldn't have guessed that the West would look that way. How come you never hear about Sumlin on the hot seat? It's very obvious now that they play pretty good ball for half a season and then collapse every year.

All I know is, it is going ti majorly suck if Chip Kelley makes his way down south to the negatigers. Could be a pipedream, but you never know.

He won't coaches with any sense are steering clear of the SEC West right now.

Very interesting comparisons. I wouldn't have guessed that the West would look that way. How come you never hear about Sumlin on the hot seat? It's very obvious now that they play pretty good ball for half a season and then collapse every year.

Just because ESPN is not reporting it does not mean it is not there. If you have any family from Texas or talk to any Aggie fan, they will tell you that Sumlin won with Johnny football and they want Briles. Sort of the same as to how the melt is over lashlee.

UAT's strenght year in/year out is their front lines. A great QB can make a splash but won't give you consistency. Bama can put an average QB behind that line and have him hand the ball off, once the RB breaks outside fo the box, he looks like a superstar. Their DL is NFL caliber and deep. We need to concentrate on getting the good, big guys up front and let the rest will be easier. In 2010 & 2013, we had a superior OL and some guys on the DL that could make plays. 2013 & 2014, the OL has been closer to average and no one has really stepped up on the DL.

UAT's strenght year in/year out is their front lines. A great QB can make a splash but won't give you consistency. Bama can put an average QB behind that line and have him hand the ball off, once the RB breaks outside fo the box, he looks like a superstar. Their DL is NFL caliber and deep. We need to concentrate on getting the good, big guys up front and let the rest will be easier. In 2010 & 2013, we had a superior OL and some guys on the DL that could make plays. 2013 & 2014, the OL has been closer to average and no one has really stepped up on the DL.

I agree. But will also add the spuat's LB talent and production on the field have been typically top notch as well.

wde

I'm afraid a lot of SEC coaches are making a good living off the performances of a few really outstanding Quarterback....Cam, Nick, Dak, Manziel, Murray and a few others.

Don't forget the other skill players. Freeze has grown his program primarily on the back of a receiver... and to a lesser extent a defensive end.

Ugh, don't like being lumped in with the Mississippi level schools.

And add being behind Missouri.

UAT's strenght year in/year out is their front lines. A great QB can make a splash but won't give you consistency. Bama can put an average QB behind that line and have him hand the ball off, once the RB breaks outside fo the box, he looks like a superstar. Their DL is NFL caliber and deep. We need to concentrate on getting the good, big guys up front and let the rest will be easier. In 2010 & 2013, we had a superior OL and some guys on the DL that could make plays. 2013 & 2014, the OL has been closer to average and no one has really stepped up on the DL.I agree about the front lines.We seem to be building depth on the O-line with a really good looking class last year that I think all were redshirted and were still young with the starters we have.We really need a good year of recruiting on the D-line and linebacker this year and not lose to many underclassmen to the NFL to build depth on that side of the ball.

I agree. But will also add the spuat's LB talent and production on the field have been typically top notch as well.

wde

Their willingness to break NCAA rules on a legendary basis also allows buying great "teams"...

wde

Their willingness to break NCAA rules on a legendary basis also allows buying great "teams"...

I don't doubt that they cheat (as do most college football factories) but I am still waiting for the verifiable smoking gun of proof of this legendary breaking of NCAA rules so many of us, LSU, UT fans claim to have to actually come to light. Regardless, the NCAA is now a toothless organization with very little power.

wde

Ask alums from any school.....it's always the other guys who cheat while their own school? why, we are just trying to run a "pure as the driven snow" program and are just working hard to keep up with the cheaters out there who stop at nothing to win. But the other guys.....and you know who they are....they are buying Juco QBs or have players attending phony Sociology classes and getting grades changed, some are only serving 1/2 game penalties for some off field drug issue.... etc. etc. I mean, how can anyone expect to win against schools that do stuff like that? :dunno:

Mullen and Miles are both gone probably so Malzahn can at least be the sole owner of that 13-10 record.

I don't see Mullen being LSU's next coach. I'll believe Miles is done when I see it, though. How many times has Mark Richt been toast?

Archived