# of top 10 recruits at each position for AU / uat

AUinfusion

Because we hear a lot of talk about who should / does have top ranked players on the team, I decided to do a breakdown of top ten recruits by position for each team (AU and ua). I wasn’t being super diligent, so I may have made a mistake here or there. Also, sometimes I mentioned where a #1 ranked recruit showed up, but not always. I was just moving too fast. I used the depth charts from the Our Lads website, and the composite rankings from 247 for recruit ranks. Anyway, using “top ten recruit” as a barometer of true “shouldn’t miss” player, here is how the two teams stack up:

(P.S. players listed at two position, like DT & DE, only got counted once)

Auburn

QBs 3-deep: 1 top 10 QB recruit

WR 2/3-deep (8 total): 0 top ten WR recruits (plus 1 top ten athlete playing WR)

RB 3-deep: 2 top 10 RBs, (plus 1 top 10 athlete at RB)

HB 2-deep: 1 top 10 FB at HB

TE 2-deep: 0 top ten recruits

OL 2-deep: 6 top 10 OL recruits

(11 top ten recruits on the offensive depth chart)

DE 2-deep: 3 top 10 DE recruits (one #1 WDE, one #1 JUCO DL)

DT 2-deep: 2 top 10 DT recruits

LB 2-deep: 2 top 10 LBs (also, where is K. Flowers, who would make 3?)

CB 2-deep: 0 top 10 recruits

Safety/Nickle: 0 top 10 recruits (Mathews was #11)

(7 total top 10 recruits on the defensive depth chart)

Goat Molesters

QB 3-deep: 1 top 10 QB recruit

WR 2/3-deep (8 total): 2 top 10 WR recruits (1 #1 ranked) (plus 1 top 10 safety and 1 top 10 athlete at WR)

RB 3-deep: 1 top 10 RB (#1 ranked) recruit (plus 2 top 10 athletes (Henry, Scarborough) playing RB) (Drake is still considered hurt?)

FB: 0 top 10 recruits

TE/HB (5 total): 3 top 10 TE recruit (1 #1 ranked)

OL 2/3 deep: 6 top 10 OL recruits (includes two #1 ranked OTs, one #1 ranked C)

(17 total top ten recruits on the offensive depth chart)

DE 2/3-deep: 2 top 10 DE recruits, (plus 1 top 10 WLB , 1 top 10 OT & 1 top 10 DT, playing DE)

NG(DT) 3-deep: 2 top 10 recruits

LBs 3-deep: 8 top 10 LB recruits (plus 1 top 10 WDE at LB)

CB 3-deep: 4 top 10 recruits (plus 1 top 10 athlete at CB)

Safeties: 1 top 10 recruit (plus 1 top 10 athlete and 1 top 10 CB at safety)

(24 total top 10 recruits on the defensive depth chart)

I think those paying attention could have told you this before you posted, but thank you for your efforts. Very telling numbers. :wareagle:

Good job on the tally. Those are recruiting rankings but they have that advantage with every team they play. The starters for the two teams are comparable to each other but it shows they have better depth past the starters. That will mean less of a drop off on the rotations. Our #1 guys have to be in shape to play a little longer but when our rotations begin, our #2 guys guys have to really step up. The things recruiting rankings don't measure are heart, toughness and the willingness to fight until the end. We have that in abundance.

Thanks AUinfusion...very telling information but some just have to see it on the screen...agree with ^^^love that you used Goat Molesters....step down from sheep

"It don't make any difference who's carrying the ball, it don't make any difference who's catching it, who's rushing the passer, or who's making the tackle,.....just as long as he's got a blue jersey on"

Archived