Why isn't Reed still on the team?

tigerman1186

Don't remember his name, but why isn't the young player that was over 7' not on the team anymore??? I know he got into some trouble before he came to Auburn, but again, still like to know why he isn't on the team...

Don't remember his name, but why isn't the young player that was over 7' not on the team anymore??? I know he got into some trouble before he came to Auburn, but again, still like to know why he isn't on the team...

Trayvon Reed- personal reasons- may rejoin later.

From the article: "According to NCAA rules, all student-athletes are required to pass at least six credit hours each semester in order to be eligible for competition during the following semester. It is unclear at this time whether Reed can meet that standard....."

I don't see how he can meet that standard if he's not in school. I suppose he could be in some JUCO or accredited non-traditional school. There have been a whole lot of detours on Reed's path to becoming a depended-on member of a college team. IMHO he's rapidly running out of roads to take.

From the article: "According to NCAA rules, all student-athletes are required to pass at least six credit hours each semester in order to be eligible for competition during the following semester. It is unclear at this time whether Reed can meet that standard....."

I don't see how he can meet that standard if he's not in school. I suppose he could be in some JUCO or accredited non-traditional school. There have been a whole lot of detours on Reed's path to becoming a depended-on member of a college team. IMHO he's rapidly running out of roads to take.

I'd imagine he either comes back and is "with" the team (practicing and what not) but wont play. or he'll be gone until summer where he can re-enroll in school and be back on the team. Or he won't come back at all.

If we had signed either of the two big men we were looking for he wouldn't be back period. Since we didn't get them there is a very slight possibility he will be back. To play this next semester he would need to be in college somewhere taking classes. If not the best case is for him to come back in January and take classes to get ready for next year. I don't see it happening but wishing the young man the best of luck.

Archived